• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Watch the KINGDOM HEARTS 3 opening movie trailer!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

bagcifreak

One part pf me is happy they won't show the full opening til the game comes out but also I'm a little underwhelmed tbh. The opening should have dropped simultaneously to the song release. Now people have to wait a month which is kinda annoying.

It looks cute but so far I prefer the DDD opening tbh!

kingsoraful

Awards
I think this is just part of the opening it cuts off at a very strange part. It makes me think there's definitely more to the opening.

Laurel

Awards
That was epic, I loved that it recapped everything through a chess board and the CG looks amazing. The song also sounds pretty good and I might like it better than Don't Think Twice, but we'll see when we hear the full version

Any

Awards
So we are just going to ignore that Xehanort’s real eye color is brown or grey; not golden? Did the darkness change his eyes or is someone possessing him? Please don’t redeem him ;-;

wwinterj

I love this opening with the chess pieces fading to each org member. The song however needs to grow on me. The opening of the song I enjoy but the end of it seems a bit eh.

NoWay

Awards
I think this is just part of the opening it cuts off at a very strange part. It makes me think there's definitely more to the opening.

That’s why it’s called “Opening Movie Trailer“ and not “Opening Movie” because it’s the trailer of the Opening Cinematics. The song also won’t last like 1:30 minutes.

Meow Wow

Awards
The song isn't my cup of tea, but it'll probably grow on me. The animation was gorgeous and left me with my jaw dropped the whole time.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
That’s why it’s called “Opening Movie Trailer“ and not “Opening Movie” because it’s the trailer of the Opening Cinematics. The song also won’t last like 1:30 minutes.
I get people’s complaints about how it isn’t fitting, but I do hope those same people realise that the song is being matched to parts of the opening it isn’t actually synced up to because they cut it down.

It did what it needed to do for me, though. Xemnas being the man behind Roxas’s misfortune just had my heart crying, and I loved seeing Marluxia as part of the final boss fight crew. I really hope, though, that they included a Re:coded recap in the full opening 8D

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Re: Watch the KINGDOM HEARTS 3 opening movie!

If you are afraid of story spoilers the opening doesn't really give anything away. More of a recap of past events.
It's more because I want to wait until the game's out to experience it. The openings have never been big on story spoilers anyway. Although this is actually just half of it right? So maybe I'll watch it anyway because I'm weak.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
In some of the screencaps on tumblr I think that Kairi has a different Keyblade at the end. Anyone else notice?

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I get people’s complaints about how it isn’t fitting, but I do hope those same people realise that the song is being matched to parts of the opening it isn’t actually synced up to because they cut it down.

It did what it needed to do for me, though. Xemnas being the man behind Roxas’s misfortune just had my heart crying, and I loved seeing Marluxia as part of the final boss fight crew. I really hope, though, that they included a Re:coded recap in the full opening 8D

YES! That shot of Xemnas behind Roxas is probably one of my top three shots in the trailer!

Crimson Crusader

Sarcasmbot
Awards
I watched the opening and I hate myself a little.

Anyways, the song is nice. I like the beat to it. Now, I don't normally like this upbeat type of music, but it just seemed to mesh well.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
In some of the screencaps on tumblr I think that Kairi has a different Keyblade at the end. Anyone else notice?
You can only see it for like, a single frame. And the angle makes it very hard to tell exactly what it is. For now I'm leaning towards Destiny's Embrace still.

Back