• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Water stuck inbetween DS screen/protector?! HELP!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

HerGuitar

Yeah, so mrrghhh I've been really irritated about the water stuck inbetween my top DS screen and my screen protector which I applied around 2 years ago? I only applied the screen protector to the top screen which was a bad idea. =/ So the story is, I gave my sister my phat DS to play with and somehow when I got it back , the screen ended up having dirt on it. Then, being naive and clueless, I used a slightly damp cloth to wipe the dirt off - only to have the water somehow get stuck INBETWEEN the screen protector and the actual DS screen.

Here are two pictures :

http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz304/HerGeetar/IMG_6086.jpg

http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz304/HerGeetar/IMG_6084.jpg

So yeah. It's been 2 years since this last happened and 75% of the water HAS gone away if you look
closely but yeah =/. I want my screen water free.

So is it possible to remove the screen protector? Any way to get the water out? Thanks!

Kingdom2917

Im so cool, I can STILL receive rep
Website
www.myspace.com
Looks more along the lines of just two air bubbles instead of water, but, you can always just take something thin and strong enough to were it won't bend right away, something like photo paper, or thin cardboard, and just slid it near one of the edges, usually the top right edge is the easiest when it comes to screen protectors. Then just lift up on the protector, check to see whether it is water or air, and if its water dry it with like a napkin. Then you can just place your screen protector back down on your DS. If you do decide to place it back on your DS, you'll need something to smooth it down with, otherwise you'll probably end up with air bubbles.

HerGuitar

Hmmm, chances are it could be the residue/evaporation of the water but this screen protector isn't one of those flimsy film ones. It's one of those thick edged ones, so it'd be really hard to lift it up. :S

D

Deleted member 36435

Screen Protectors are like stickers. Just peel it off.

Awards
Website
sites.google.com
Get a large plastic bag, and fill it with rice.

Put your DS inside the rice (make sure to cover up the card openings and where you charge it).

Close the bag.

It worked well for me, should work for you.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Just pull the screen protector off, wipe the screen clean of smudges, fluids, etc, and then place a new screen protector over it.

S

Shadow Soldier

Those are air bubbles.

Water would've evaporated already.

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor

Put your DS inside the rice (make sure to cover up the card openings and where you charge it).

Close the bag.

This would be the best method to fix it, this method works on almost electronics that get wet.

HerGuitar

Close the bag.

Sounds like a great method. How long should I leave it in for, and how do I cover the openings? :O

Awards
Website
sites.google.com
Sounds like a great method. How long should I leave it in for, and how do I cover the openings? :O

Well, I would start by leaving it in for a day. If you don't see any results, I would leave it in for two days, then three, and get progressively longer.

It took a week for the rice to evaporate my whole screen (I never took it out in this time), and the both top and bottom screens had a lot of water in them. I really wouldn't think you would need more than a day.

As for covering the ports up, I would say just get some good ole' fashion scotch tape. I don't think it will leave much mark, and it should stay on while in the bag.

Hope this works :D

Satoshi

I think you just should peel off the protector and leave it that way. If you're careful scratches are avoidable and things like this don't happen no more.

HerGuitar

Unfortunately I couldn't peel the protector off, so I had to resort to using the rice - which worked to some degree, although it didn't get all of the water out, it helped it a little bit. It left some residue though...=/

Hm, I'm thinking about trading this one in for a DS lite.

S

Shadow Soldier

Peel off the protector, it's not that hard. Hell you could even use a butter knife and not scratch the screen.

HerGuitar

I wish I could peel it off but I really can't - it's been stuck on for years, and isn't the flimsy film paper screen protectors are usually in.

S

Shadow Soldier

Look in the corners of the screen, is there like a tiny tiny gap between the protector and the corner of the screen? There should be.

S

Shadow Soldier

Take a pin/needle if you have to. That's the part where you use to take off the screen. What I did, was I sorta pushed the protector, so it bunches up...

HerGuitar

D: That just yells "broken screen", well to me at least. :p I'm pretty cautious with my stuff so eh... I have a Nintendo Headquarters right by me, should I take it to them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back