• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ways to faithfully implement Star Wars in KH?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Last night as I was working on my shift, me and my coworker were thinking of ways to add Star Wars into KH. The thing is we were thinking about it from Lucasfilm's Story Group perspective. How can you put Canon SW into Kh without messing with it at the risk of making it Legends.

Funny thing is we dropped the convo to discuss Re:Coded and that's when it hit me. Data.

What IF Sora finds pieces of red and blue glass shards throughout his adventure and must piece them together to form Holocrons! Just like the torn pages you must collect them to get the whole story. Each piece of the Holocron will give you an Episode where Sora can enter via Chip and Dales machine or some magic jumbo. Sora could interact with canon characters and events without messing with the continuity.

And as a bonus if you complete the Holocrons you can unlock a recipe for weapon synthesis.

Here's some images of Holocrons:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

What do you guys think? If you had to add SW how would you add it?

Chromatic

Become
Awards
I've more or less imagined that they could implement Star Wars into the KH series in a manner comparable to the way they did with Monstro as representing the Pinocchio world, or even Captain Hook's ship for the Neverland world.

It'd be introduced in pretty much the same manner, and have a roughly similar setting. Specifically, getting abducted by, say, the tractor beam of a Star Destroyer, or perhaps even the Death Star, and playing out a Star Wars-related plot within the ship. It'd essentially just playout in a comparable manner to Monstro or Hook's ship, wherein you're basically spending the majority of the time either escaping internment and/or rescuing someone that's being held hostage on board.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I think Star Wars would be a great way to spice up the gummi ships, like having the routes be star wars themed

Caxinuld

Awards
Before I saw this thread, my ideas for including Star Wars in Kingdom Hearts included Sora and company hopping into the Star Wars universe, which I later scrapped because I thought the universe was too large to handle and everything took place in decades unlike KH, where Sora's journey has lasted 2 years, if one doesn't count BBS or the Keyblade war.

I like the idea of collecting holocron shards, but what would be the explanation for them showing up in the KH universe? If the Jedi and Sith already existed in the KH universe, it would just raise too many questions about why the Jedi and Sith haven't interacted with the KH worlds.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Good question. Maybe the Unknown Regions can come into play? Maybe the pieces went into a black hole transferring them to the Kingdom Hearts' universe.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Yeah okay so this sounds really great. Till now my idea was, you know, they would be different versions of the characters and maybe like Han and Chewie or something were world travelers and they show up in the hub-world or a bunch of places. And then like a Vader Superboss you find flying around and you find the Death Star or something lol.

It being collection missions that lead to playable scenarios is really cool though...I would dig any side quest like that tbh.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Last night as I was working on my shift, me and my coworker were thinking of ways to add Star Wars into KH. The thing is we were thinking about it from Lucasfilm's Story Group perspective. How can you put Canon SW into Kh without messing with it at the risk of making it Legends.

Funny thing is we dropped the convo to discuss Re:Coded and that's when it hit me. Data.

What IF Sora finds pieces of red and blue glass shards throughout his adventure and must piece them together to form Holocrons! Just like the torn pages you must collect them to get the whole story. Each piece of the Holocron will give you an Episode where Sora can enter via Chip and Dales machine or some magic jumbo. Sora could interact with canon characters and events without messing with the continuity.

And as a bonus if you complete the Holocrons you can unlock a recipe for weapon synthesis.

Here's some images of Holocrons:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

What do you guys think? If you had to add SW how would you add it?

While I do consider myself somewhat of a Star Wars nerd, I admit I am not entirely on board with how the Lucasfilm Story Group prioritizes things and how they handle things like i.e. Star Wars in Disney Infinity or Lego Star Wars.

Is it really that any newly made Star Wars material has to fit somehow in the "one true" Star Wars canon that is supervised by the Story Group?
I'm having a really hard time believing that as if I remember correctly such things as the "Infinities"-Label, which denotes a work which is non-canon for both the new supervised canon after April 2014 and the old Expanded Universe now labeled Legends still exists.

Depending on how such examples as Disney Infinity or Lego Star Wars are handled, the Lucasfilm Story Group might not even want to make any Star Wars elements that could appear in the Kingdom Hearts series official canon as that would in one way or another require eventual acknowledgement of the existence of the KH Universe in a Star Wars work itself.

Now for the idea with the Holocrons though, this is actually an intriguing idea as Holocrons are ancient "recording devices" so to say that work with the force and depending what the holocron in question has stored inside a scenario similar to Space Paranoids/The Grid would certainly be possible as Sora & co. could relive a certain event/battle/story from the Star Wars galaxy without the actual Star Wars galaxy ever getting involved.
This way, it could even enter actual canon as the Star Wars side would have to do nothing beyond acknowledging the existence of this (or these if several) holocrons and that they are considered lost.

Considering the Jedi Purge after the Clone Wars also included Palpatine and his dark side servants destroying or making inaccessible as much knowledge about the Jedi and force artifacts as possible it would even have a sort of historical logic within the Star Wars setting.

In terms of KH itself though, even if Sora or someone else would be capable of piecing the Holocron back together, in order to open the Holocron and access the things stored in it you need to be force-sensitive and at least rudimentally schooled in using/accessing the force.
Furthermore, Jedi Holocrons can only be opened by using the light side of the force while Sith Holocrons can only opened by using the dark side, as it stands, no one in the KH universe would meet these criteria, except of course if one wants to insinuate Keyblade Wielders being automatically force-sensitive.

Good question. Maybe the Unknown Regions can come into play? Maybe the pieces went into a black hole transferring them to the Kingdom Hearts' universe.

The Unknown Regions are still part of the Star Wars galaxy and unlike the Legends EU where they indeed were largely "unknown" except for a few accessible planets due to contact with governments like the Chiss Ascendancy or the Empire of the Hand, in the new canon apparently the Empire made more serious efforts in taking the "unknown" out of the Regions and it is right now the main powerbase of the First Order.
If the KH "Universe" could be implied to be located there somewhere, how big is the chance that they (the Empire's Explorers, later the First Order) continually "missed" them? In terms of scale, what we know as the "KH Universe" might in the Star Wars galaxy probably be just a single star system if not even just a single planet so them never being discovered would make sense in this case.

If we speak about transferring though, while the "Far Outsiders" and civilization beyond the galaxy is, as far as I know, only a topic in old EU Legends material, the canon novels of the Aftermath-series and the novel Bloodline do have some hints about i.e. the belief of Darth Sidious/Palpatine that the source of the dark side of the force lies either somewhere in the Unknown Regions or even outside the galaxy.
Furthermore, Legends material can be reintroduced into offcial canon as shown already multiple times, so establishing a force/civilization outside of the Star Wars galaxy again is still a thing and the KH universe could theoretically be among these as well.

As for how one or several holocrons could end up there, considering the technological advancement of the Star Wars galaxy, massive Superweapons that may even use Phantom energy and on top of it the powers of the force, the possibilities of a holocron being shattered and flung even outside the galaxy so it may even end up in the KH universe somehow are vast.

palizinhas

Awards
I mean, there's always the Force answer. All is as the Force wills it, and the Force wanted the Holocrons to gravel around to be found by Sora lol.

And Lego SW isn't Canon, but it IS canon-based. "General Syndulla" got the name check in Rogue One because she was planned to show up in season 2 of Freemaker Adventures, but if that hadn't happened, Hera wouldn't canonly be alive up to Rogue One just because she was in LEGO SW Freemaker Adventures, so as long as KH does canon-based stuff it doesn't have to be actually canon.

As in, there are Holocrons that have disappeared, but they didn't necessarily end up in Sora's hands. Just as the Freemaker siblings probably exist, but they don't travel around with a Sith searching for the pieces of the Kyber saber.

D

Deleted member 246005

I thought of making The Star Wars Universe native to the realm of darkness, just to explain how come it exists seperate to everything and play on themes of Darkness not being inherently evil.

Its pretty ambitious but thats what i thought of.

Sonicfan2525

Awards
As a massive Star Wars fan, I would LOVE to see the films represented in the games in some form. I think the gummi ship related stuff is the best way to implement it, such as being able to customize your gummi ship to look like a tie fighter or an x-wing for example. I could see maybe some gummi routes having some Star Wars-esque heartless ships as well.

In regards to an entire world dedicated to Star Wars, the only way I could see that working is if the world in question was the Death Star. That would give the developers an excuse to use actual x-wings and tie fighters in the game, along with a Darth Vader boss battle.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I'm in the camp that doesn't want to see Marvel or Lucasfilm in Kingdom Hearts III. By doing so, everyone will just care about the Star Wars world, which in turn devalues the new Disney Animation worlds introduced.

I've always said since 2012 October when Disney bought Star Wars, that if they do this, they should save any worlds for later games after KH3, and that IF they do use something it should be like this....

Sora and the gang, maybe Mickey too, are in the gummi ship. Someone points out a small world ahead.

Mickey: "That's no world! That's a space station! Huh-ho!"

The gang is pulled into the Death Star and a short 1-2 hour story maybe that happens during the ending events of A New Hope. They don't get to interact with the main characters at this point, only stormtroopers, Tarkin, etc. appear. You get a lightsaber keyblade and make fun of how Xemnas had something similar. One of the thirteen seekers is on the ship too, who you end up fighting, but they escape in a ship towards the end. Once this happens, the rebellion shows up to destroy the death star. The seeker escapes during the battle and the gang interacts with the rebellion helping them destroy the death star with the gummi ship. They part ways, hoping to one day truly meet again in person, and that's the last we see of it in KH3 until a future game.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I thought of making The Star Wars Universe native to the realm of darkness, just to explain how come it exists seperate to everything and play on themes of Darkness not being inherently evil.

Its pretty ambitious but thats what i thought of.
At this point, I've been headcanoning that each "world" in the KH multi-verse is actually a fully separate dimension. In which case the entire Star Wars galaxy would collectively be 1 "world" that's isolated from the rest.

As a massive Star Wars fan, I would LOVE to see the films represented in the games in some form. I think the gummi ship related stuff is the best way to implement it, such as being able to customize your gummi ship to look like a tie fighter or an x-wing for example. I could see maybe some gummi routes having some Star Wars-esque heartless ships as well.

In regards to an entire world dedicated to Star Wars, the only way I could see that working is if the world in question was the Death Star. That would give the developers an excuse to use actual x-wings and tie fighters in the game, along with a Darth Vader boss battle.

There's kinda a few problems with that:

1. The Death Star would be destroyed at the end of the story & thus can't be explored afterwards like any other world.

2. Darth Vader "won" his duel in that movie & killed Obi-Wan. Then the other SW heroes escaped immediately after. So how is Sora fighting fitting in anywhere there? He doesn't jump in until after Ben's death & gets left behind by the other characters? Even then, what happens after beating up Vader? Vader would still live so Sora isn't killing him. What's the resolution of this bossfight?

I'm gonna make a controversial suggestion: Adapt Phantom Menace. Yes, the shittist SW film is IMO the one that would work the best in KH. The Droid Control ship can be destroyed in a gummi ship battle without removing much from the overall world. Darth Maul is a more straight forward fight where the bad guy dies at the end. He's also far more agile than Vader & better fits KH3's fast paced combat.

LadyRamkin

The starwars and kingdom hearts universes are surprisingly compatible. With the force being similar to hearts in general. Some kind of omnipresent thing that links all living things together.
-
Then there are the direct parallels to the dark side and darkness. Both of which grant great power to those that use them, but also corrupt and consume those that do so in excess. Also both are fuelled by negative emotions.
-
Then there are the parallels between the warriors of light (mostly Eraqus) And the Jedi. Where they blindly follow and obey the light/side and immediately spurn and punish those that even mildly come into contact with darkness.
-
It does work out really well.
Its really easy to tell a kingdom hearts story in the star wars universe. Anakin is a warrior of light that fell to darkness, much like Riku, meaning there is some cool room for character growth there. With Riku seeing what kind of person he could have been. And then using his own story of redemption, to help Luke to redeem Vader.
-
And if you really wanted to push it, you could have Palpatine be one of the vessels for Xehanort. There are still like 6 that we don't know the identity of.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I have a hard enough time going through my daily life without Star Wars showing up as it is, so... it'd be really nice if it just didn't invade my favorite video game.

Gun to my head, I'd go for a throwaway reference. Like a keychain with a description referencing a world far far away.
So far away that Sora would never ever ever find it. Don't do this to me Nomura.

Anakin is a warrior of light that fell to darkness, much like Riku, meaning there is some cool room for character growth there. With Riku seeing what kind of person he could have been.
I think we already had that with Riku-Replica, which was briefly revisited in DDD. Not much new ground left there.
And if you really wanted to push it, you could have Palpatine be one of the vessels for Xehanort. There are still like 6 that we don't know the identity of.
Please God no.

LadyRamkin

Please God no.
Im just saying.
What is the point of making an entire multi crossover universe and having all of the important characters be OC's??
Don't get me wrong, i liked the original Organization 13. But at least one of them could have been the nobody of a Disney/final fantasy character.
And there are many many final fantasy games they have yet to tap.
KH1 definitely did this best, but at this rate you may as well drop the Disney aspect altogether.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I think having some FF characters in the Organization would've been fantastic. I'd pick Sephiroth, maybe Seymour or Vincent or Beatrix. Paine and/or Auron would've been more interesting as Org. members than a Coliseum cameo and a fairy... And then we wouldn't have been stuck with filler like Demyx, Luxord, Lexaeus, etc.

I'm trying to think of some miscellaneous Disney character that could've been an Org. member (maybe from a short or live-action film or something out-of-the-norm), considering Disney wouldn't have allowed a popular or well-known character to be used that way even if it would've made sense. Honestly, Oswald would've worked although I don't think Disney had the rights to him at the time--I mean, we already saw Mickey in an Org. outfit, so it wouldn't have been that weird.

LadyRamkin

What about Merida from brave?
Edit: That moment when you forget Kingdom hearts 2 came out in 2005.

SoulXaldin

Awards
What if Sora and Co. fly to the mission where the rebels plan to destroy the Death Star and they get there before Luke and the others.They're inside the ship fighting off Imperial Troops and Heartless and Nobodies and stuff, and they're weakening the ship to allow Luke and the others to destroy and stuff.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
All I know is that it would be incomplete without goofy being frozen in carbonite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back