• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Weird issue with mouse.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sacred X

Freshmeat
Lately my mouse has been acting weird. I accidentally spilled some water on it early today, though it was working okay afterwards. A few hours later, I noticed something weird. My first thought was it was running low on battery, so I changed the batteries. That didn't really fix the problem. Next I remembered I spilled water on it, but I wasn't sure if this type of error matches.

Basically, let's say I'm viewing the forum. My mouse moves around fine, but when I want to click on a link, like let's say a link to a thread, it won't work. It won't even change into the little hand. But if I minimize and maximize the page, it will begin to work. I tried restarting me computer a few times, and I couldn't click the items on my desktop, even though the mouse moved around find. A few moments later, I was able to click my icons, but I couldn't click my start tab. My start tab didn't even have a change in tint to notify that it was clickable, it was just there.

Sometimes when I want to go to a different site and try to highlight my current URL so I can input a new one, it won't work. And again, the icon won't change from the arrow.

Any idea what the problem is? It seems more like a computer problem than a mouse problem since if it were the mouse, I would believe it would just not work or something. The fact that the computer doesn't even seem to recognize a link as clickable is what confuses me.

I use Windows XP.

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
Get a new mouse. I dont know what your expecting to do with it. Fixing it would be alot harder than buying a new one.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Just by a new mouse, they're dirt cheap now.

Sacred X

Freshmeat
Alright, thanks, I'll try that. I just found it weird that it would start working once I minimized and maximized the window, making me wonder if it was really the mouse.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Well the problems started after you got the mouse wet, I think the sensible assumption would be that the problem, maybe not entirely with the mouse, at least started with it.

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
It will be something to do with the mouse and its flawed capabilities. Im not a smart tech guy so I cant explain it.
Its weird possibliy because it broke one part of the pick up but not another part meaning it would work in one situation but not others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back