• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Well I guess it's time.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
I honestly don't know how many people are going to end up reading this given that the foyer is barely alive anymore and isn't the most visible section, but I figured it's the only place I can really post this now.

I told myself I wouldn't ever make a big fuss if I decided to leave, because everyone who did that was usually full of shit. Even if I end up eventually being full of shit though I'm feeling pretty sentimental right now and felt the need to make this anyway. I apologize if it's overly sappy/sentimental but I assure you that everything I say from this point onwards is 100% genuine.

I remember when I was 14 and just joined this site. If you are a new member or just haven't been around as long it may scare you to know that some people have accounts here that go almost 10 years back. Back then, I was just a dipshit kid who wanted to talk about Kingdom Hearts. For a period of like 5 years, KHI was basically my life, as sad it is to admit that. I remember I was around 15 when I was promoted to staff and it was one of the greatest feelings I'd had up until that point, and I was basically committed to being here for as long as possible then. Throughout the 7 years I've been here a lot of things have changed, almost all the friends I made have left, the activity has gradually dwindled, etc, but the one thing that never changed was that it was always a place where people respected me and gave me the encouragement that I never really got from most people in real life. No matter what things were like for me living here in Brazil, it was always a place where I could go when I didn't want to be part of the real world, a place I could be safe and happy without worrying about people judging me or making me feel bad...for the longest time, this place was basically a second home to me.

For the longest time, it was one of the only things that eased the loneliness I always felt and gave me that sense of companionship I always wanted but that seemed so elusive. If I hadn't joined KHI (and just spent so much time on the internet in general I suppose), I can safely say I would not be the person I am now. Whether that's for better or worse isn't really up to me to say, I know neglecting IRL all these years has done its fair share of harm to me, but I know for a fact that it's not all bad. I learned a lot about the culture and attitudes of different countries and that even with all these of things separating us, there is still something that we usually have in common that ends up being more important.

Unfortunately not everything good lasts forever. The site just isn't what it used to be to me anymore. Most of my friends have left, the site just isn't as active as it used to be, and I just find myself coming here less and less. It's not necessarily that I don't have the time (though I certainly have less time than I did when I was younger), but that I'm just a different person now and at this point in my life I find myself devoting less and less of my time to KHI and even the few friends I made here that I still talk to (the latter of which is still something I need to manage better). Old members used to joke that once you joined you were stuck here forever, but I know now that this isn't true, at least not anymore. Eventually, almost all the people I knew and cherished moved on with their lives. I remember realizing this like 2 years ago and thinking that I would pretty much be the last person to leave...and it turns out not exactly, just one of the last. The place where I went to go and escape from all the things that I was scared of and resented doesn't exist as I once knew it, so now I have no choice but to go out there and just face the real world as it is because as much as it scares me it is the one thing I will never really be able to escape from.

I just want to thank everyone who's still here like Tony, Katie, Victor, Tyrone, Stooge, quiteMAD, Nyangoro, OmniChaos (though we haven't spoken properly in years), Solar/Sunny, etc as well as all the old friends/members who have basically left for always being here, driving me onward, giving me advice, spending their time talking to me, and just generally being great people. I'll always cherish the times I spent in #junes chatting it up with everyone and laughing at all the stupid shit we all did over the years, as well as my time spent on the forums being part of the community and helping administrate the site. In spite of all the drama and stupid things that happened over the years, logging onto KHI after going through school and whatnot was still pretty much the best part of my day for years on end.

As much shit as I used to talk about the memberbase, it was truly an honor to be a part of this community for so long. If you have even read this far (especially if you are some new member who doesn't even know me that well) I want to thank you for your time. I hope you all go on to do great things and be truly happy. Thanks for everything guys, from the bottom of my heart. If any of you still want to talk to me, feel free to message me on facebook or tumblr or whatever, I think anyone who really cares will know how to find me or already has me added. I'll probably be checking this thread in the next few days because I like to think i'm important enough that people will care to respond (hahaha yeah right) but even if they don't, I don't regret making this thread and letting everyone know exactly how much this place meant to me.

peace.

Last edited:

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
Man, I know we didn't really interact much (you probably don't even know who I am) but you still had a big impact on me during your time here. It's a shame to see you go, but then I don't really get on here all that much myself anymore, so I guess I'm one to talk. Take care, Paolo.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
You leaving definitely feels wrong, since you've been active the entire time I've been a member and you've always been so nice to me. You gave me Madoka!!!!!

but... WE STILL HAVE FACEBOOK, PAOLO. :c

We'll just have to make more of an effort to keep in touch (I'm very bad with this too).

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me
i love you, paolo! have a good one, and good luck!! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Pablo

rocket sloth
Awards
Website
prodimator.tumblr.com
Peace and blessings, HadesDragon

tumblr_m1jv0cT5621r9fbpw.gif

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
Bro, it's a shame to see you go. I appreciate the few times you put me in my place in the debate sections years back. Beyond that, I wish you the best of luck. I know that you're a talented man, and I hope you shine bright somewhere. Best of luck brother!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Paolo, I'm honestly going to miss you. Besides Silh, you're one of the only people around here who really gives a shit about NieR and the Drakengard series. You were a great staff member, a wonderful person to get well-thought out opinions from, and the community isn't going to feel the same without you.

Go, be free! You deserve it!

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I don't personally know you, or had the pleasure of getting to know you, but I have seen you around countless times. From the few times I ran across your posts, I always enjoyed reading your well thought out posts. I'll admit I was a little intimidated by you, mostly because of how long you've been here, and your posts make you sound way older. (In a good way, of course.) In a way, you're an inspiration to us all; to try and write better posts around here too. With that said, good luck! May you enjoy your adventures in the real world.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
I didn't really know you all that well, but I could always really respect everything you'd done and said for the site before. It'll definitely be different not having you around and all. especially your recommendations i occasionally saw in anime that ended up being pretty damn good

But yeah, live on and have fun with it. It was really nice having you around.

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
i think the busiest this forum had ever been was when everyone was knee deep in conspiracy theories with KH2 Final Mix, and its secret ending. A moment in which Paolo spent a lot of time in. A lot of stuff was changing around that time to...and before then KHI was a much different site.

A lot of the veteran KHI members have left though...i found this site when i was 16...now i'm almost 25. It's good to have known you around here Paolo...I even fashioned my first username off of yours

Hadesdragon/Zionsphoenix

Godspeed Paolo :)

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
Damn. I didn't know you too well, but it was fun interacting with you in #junes.
I
Enjoy yourself.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
You bastard, going and leaving us all like this. :c

Anyway, we had some really good times back then, and while we haven't talked all that much lately, I still would like to keep in contact with you. Hit me up on Skype, Facebook, Steam, Live, or whatever so we can start talking again and keep in contact.

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
Think a lot of the older crowd are moving on to bigger and better things to be honest. I'm definitely not as active as I used to be—in fact, the most interaction I've had with any KHI members as of late has been on Instagram—but since my friends don't share most of my interests, I still try to use KHI and #junes on occasion to compensate.

In any case, it's been great, pal. We've got FB, et cetera et cetera.

edit: Spock's just reminded me I need to make room in my budget this month for D3 ;A;

Last edited:

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
Having been here for almost 7 years myself, I've seen you around a lot, even back during those "HadesDragon" days. Haven't had the pleasure of getting to know you, though, but I wish you all the best!

GO AND BE FREE

Back