• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What about a Kingdom Hearts without Disney?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Do you want Disney Worlds to remain?

• Yes, it is what made Kingdom Hearts awesome!

Votes: 63 62.4%
  • No, Why? Specify below.

Votes: 27 26.7%
  • I don't really care.

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • Others. Specify below.

Votes: 4 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

StVen

Since we all know that Xehanort's Saga is going to end at KH3 and Sora is still going to be the hero, I'm really interested in people's opinion about Kingdom Hearts to let go of Disney (meaning no Goofy and Donald and the rest of Disney Worlds).

So should Kingdom Hearts let go of Disney and create new worlds entirely, plot, characters, etc? or Do you think it is better to continue Disney + KH + FF?

I'm really clueless as to what Kingdom Hearts might be in the future. But to be honest, I think it is time to let go of Disney and go on with new characters and worlds etc etc.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
"Let's take out one of the biggest selling points and defining factors of one of our flagship series."

Somehow I don't see anyone in Square-Enix or Disney saying that. As a purely hypothetical discussion, it's fine, since the entire Disney side is just on a world-by-world basis and for the most part doesn't offer much inter-world continuity, but it's impossible to talk about as a serious consideration.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Say you're the director of the KH Franchise:

Remove Disney from Kingdom Hearts and you will never have a job in the videogame industry ever again, unless it's working the mailroom or being the janitor of the building. You will be ridiculed by both fans and would-be-colleagues alike, who will despise you until someone goofs up worse than you.

This is all excluding the other half of your catastrophe, in which your attempt to remove Disney elements from KH will only cause Disney to reverse your offense, and simply take the game from Square Enix (if they damn well please) and KH games will never be made the same, if ever developed again.

StVen

It will never happen for two reasons:
1) Kingdom Hearts is owned by Disney
2) The whole point of the series is a SE-Disney crossover.

I did a little research though not a reliable one (yahoo answers ftw), I found out what you said was true about Kingdom Hearts owned by Disney, I never really knew that. In fact, I just found out Sora and other original KH characters are owned by Disney, Tetsuya is just the one who designed them. But I think both of them have the rights on the series. It's like disney people doesn't do well on creating games so why not square enix do it using disney characters. xD

To be honest, really, I can't seem to know how will Kingdom hearts do with Disney all over again after Xehanort's saga. I really hope they would make something new and fresh. Disney to me would just make it more like 'meh, I've played that before' kind of feeling.

But please don't get me wrong. i don't hate Disney lol. I really don't. I just thought kingdom hearts having so much potential without Disney interacting with it. Maybe it is just me getting older and older >.< But then again, I am really interested if anyone here besides me who thinks the same way. If not, then perhaps I'm the only one. xD haha

EDIT: It is funny how Sora Resembles Mickey Mouse which would mean that Sora is in fact a character created by SE for Disney. I really don't know about this until now. I really feel left off. :(

150px-SoraKH1design.jpg

250px-Mickey_Mouse.svg.png

-White Gloves
-Red Shorts
-Yellow Giant Shoes

(Is hotlinking image allowed?)

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Hmmm...Hypothetically speaking, it would just be another FF game. If they completely rewrote the story and plot points to make it into an original IP, maybe it would work.

Literally, no. The point of KH is to be Disney + FF. Taking out the whole half of the game that makes it exist is pretty much series suicide. Disney owns half of it so all original KH characters are considered Disney characters. That would mean removing Sora, Riku, and all of the other characters you wish to have. What does that leave you with? Nothing.

Disney has already been a part of KH since the beginning. You can't just rip it out 10 years and 7 games later.

riku's_artist7

Bronze Member
Awards
Yeah I agree with everyone, taking out the disney out of kingdom hearts would take away the whole (well most of) the meaning of kingdom hearts.
To me, disney is timeless so I don't have a problem how disney is incorporated. If u want a game without disney like kh, id suggest that a ff game is the closest to it haha. But I understand whut ur saying but kh isn't the same without disney if u think about it.
As for the future of kh game with disney, I'm guessing they're going to just put new worlds into the game that we haven't seen (such as notre dame was already released as a world we are going to see in 3ds I think, not sure) or like princess and the frog and such.
As for disney owning sora and co., I didn't know that, although I knew disney owned kh I didn't know they owned the characters made in kh (besides selphie,cloud,etc), I didn't think to make the connection o.0. And the comparison to kh1 sora and mickey, I never noticed that, nicee. I guess u learn something new everyday :)

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
What about a Kingdom Hearts without Disney?
What about a banana without potassium?
What about a rainbow that was grey?
What about music without any actual instruments or vocals?

EDIT: It is funny how Sora Resembles Mickey Mouse which would mean that Sora is in fact a character created by SE for Disney. I really don't know about this until now. I really feel left off. :(

150px-SoraKH1design.jpg

250px-Mickey_Mouse.svg.png

-White Gloves
-Red Shorts
-Yellow Giant Shoes
This is common knowledge. How you didn't know this.... it feels insulting.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Actually @ Chaser I didn't know this either I'm one of the older members on this forum feel so ashamed T_T.

As for the title I think it's pretty much agree taking out Disney with this game leaves us with another FF title and actually it wouldn't thinking about the way the story is thrown together(not literally) it would be something else with just FF characters in it.

O

Oberon

that would be like lucky charms without any marshmallows.

or chocolate milk except no chocolate... so just regular milk.

regular. boring. milk.

Goddard

I thought the entire concept of Kingdom Hearts is basically Disney and Final Fantasy characters encountering one another. You take that away and you just get a generic, mediocre Japanese role-playing game. Basically what Final Fantasy is.

StVen

Well, I enjoy mostly those cutscenes with the original KH characters in them (Roxas & Riku, roxas & sora, battle, roxas xion axel, etc. etc.). Who among you enjoy watching disney cutscenes. Like seriously? If you're a girl then maybe. lol We've all watched Disney movies, we all know it's story so why not give something thats new. As you can see, i'm just talking hypothetically. I know its not going to happen but consider the possibilities. And c'mon you can't judge something that doesn't exist. Just think of the possibilities lolz

Also, I would enjoy Kairi Riku Sora in party all the way keeping all the gameplay and s***. :) I really think its not going to be 'just' another FF style series. :)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well, I enjoy mostly those cutscenes with the original KH characters in them (Roxas & Riku, roxas & sora, battle, roxas xion axel, etc. etc.). Who among you enjoy watching disney cutscenes. Like seriously? If you're a girl then maybe. lol We've all watched Disney movies, we all know it's story so why not give something thats new. As you can see, i'm just talking hypothetically. I know its not going to happen but consider the possibilities. And c'mon you can't judge something that doesn't exist. Just think of the possibilities lolz

Also, I would enjoy Kairi Riku Sora in party all the way keeping all the gameplay and s***. :) I really think its not going to be 'just' another FF style series. :)

Seriously? You think it would be only girls that enjoy the Disney cutscenes? For a strange reason I find this sorta insulting and sexist /feministic comment Boys can enjoy the cutscenes just as much as girls. And what makes you think a girl would enjoy them more?

Ulicies

I'm worried about the series staying fresh if the only worlds they ever visit are Disney worlds. Let's be honest: there aren't enough Disney movies/franchises to sustain the kind of high-quality longevity that KH fans are expecting. Not unless you want three more games to feature Aladdin and Olympic Colosseum.

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY
Well, I enjoy mostly those cutscenes with the original KH characters in them (Roxas & Riku, roxas & sora, battle, roxas xion axel, etc. etc.). Who among you enjoy watching disney cutscenes. Like seriously? If you're a girl then maybe. lol
You my friend, are very sexist.

And as much as the idea of Kingdom Hearts without Disney sounds appealing, it just doesn't seem possible. It wouldn't be the same Kingdom Hearts we've all come to love.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
They just need to break away from the plots of the Disney films and involve the Disney characters directly in the main story, then the Disney parts would also become more interesting again because one wouldn't know what awaits you next in that Disney world despite already knowing the world.

SE needs to pull the Disney characters out of their predetermined roles and make them more interacting with the original characters.
Mickey, Goofy, Donald, Pete and Maleficent already do this to a certain extent...that should be made with other Disney characters as well.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

That's because of how the Disney elements are utilized, which is poorly. Noomuura needs to start intergrating them into the main plot more.

Youniquee

Awards
Seriously? You think it would be only girls that enjoy the Disney cutscenes? For a strange reason I find this sorta insulting and sexist /feministic comment Boys can enjoy the cutscenes just as much as girls. And what makes you think a girl would enjoy them more?
I thought that too *arches eyebrow* fyi bro, I actually enjoy both equally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back