• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What about a Kingdom Hearts without Disney?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Do you want Disney Worlds to remain?

• Yes, it is what made Kingdom Hearts awesome!

Votes: 63 62.4%
  • No, Why? Specify below.

Votes: 27 26.7%
  • I don't really care.

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • Others. Specify below.

Votes: 4 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
-groans- Please don't mention his lack of understanding jokes or sarcasm... -_____-

There was one thing I liked from Atlantica...The whole part where Eric decides to go to Ariel while she is in the water. "To think..." "Eric...goodbye." "I had all that time and I didn't work on my swimming?" "Huh?" and then he jumps into the water and asks her to teach him <3 If the musical part was removed and it was replaced with some kind of fighting mechanic (turn-based or the regular KH mechanics but with a revamped swimming & combat system), it would have been a WAY better world.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
The reason why I think so many hated Atlantica in KH2 was because I personally thought it was the best world in KH1 (most of the people I talk to believe it to be higher up...but not top). It is just that going from something so good (KH1) to something so...mediocre or just downright bad (KH2) made it seem even worse. I think they really need to go back to KH1 and have Ariel come back out to rock some crap, because I loved seeing her fight...it just doesn't happen. Though I would love if they did Little Mermaid 2 and had you work either with Ariel or Dash against Morgana. The ending of the movie could provide for a really fun platforming boss.

Here is the ending of Little Mermaid 2:

[video=youtube;SAHOSR-buQM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAHOSR-buQM&feature=related[/video]

^ skip to 4:55 I think.

MasterXehanort+

To be specific, I dislike having to go to the same Disney Worlds over and over and over. And the Disney element is often what makes people not play the series, because they think it is for little children. Not to mention that the only option they have left is to make Pixar Worlds or try to make a world based on Fantasia(now THAT I would like to see and listen to).
Another complaint would be Mickey, Donald, and Goofy having annoying voices. Ugh.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
Kingdom Hearts without Disney? Just no no no no no. There is no Kingdom Hearts without Disney.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
And the Disney element is often what makes people not play the series, because they think it is for little children. Not to mention that the only option they have left is to make Pixar Worlds or try to make a world based on Fantasia(now THAT I would like to see and listen to).
Another complaint would be Mickey, Donald, and Goofy having annoying voices. Ugh.

First, the Disney element is what attracted many fans in the first place. Are you saying that SE "stop catering to the current fans and focus on those who don't like the series anyways?" That isn't very smart :(...

Second, what are you talking about that there aren't many options to choose from? Disney has made 51 animated movies (only 16 have been used) and that doesn't include Pixar, live-action (like Pirates of the Caribbean), any animated movies which went straight to DVD (mostly sequels), or any movies that weren't made by Disney but only released by them (Nightmare Before Christmas)

Lastly, thinking their voices are annoying is only an opinion, and there voices are actually quite classic and well-known. I don't think anyone would want their voices changed because that doesn't make any sense either.

Realm Walker

I can't imagine KH without Disney.

I don't think I would play it if not for Disney interactions.

disney233

Awards
How did this thread from a decade ago come up? This thread'll probably close, so I'll put my insight in.

Much...has changed about my opinion in regards to Disney and Kingdom Hearts. On one hand, there's no subtracting Disney from the factor. If you get rid of them, you get rid of Kingdom Hearts in general.

On the other hand, Kingdom Hearts...doesn't really feel like a Disney game anymore. When KH1 first came in, it had this perfect balance between Disney and Final Fantasy. It felt like an actual Disney game, because you actually felt as if there were stakes in each world. The worlds actually felt as if they were apart of the KH story, and it felt nice to see Maleficent as an overall threat...before Xehanort took charge. KH1 felt like there was a sense of danger through the worlds, and there came the satisfaction of fighting all the Disney villains throughout Maleficent's little council, and even defeating Maleficent herself...with the Beast's help, no less.

KH2 there were moments where the Disney worlds had importance to the KH2 story. I still love Xaldin's interference, in using the Beast as a weapon, Luxord's utilization of the Aztec Curse, and no doubt the best worlds that showed the importance to the lore of the original words is Space Paranoids in Hollow Bastion. On top of this, Timeless River had a more calmer sense of time travel compared to the...mess we've been presented in DDD. The Disney aspect was there in KH2...but it just feels like...ever since the Organization came in, the importance of the Disney aspect of the journey began to dwindle.

Within each game after, the Disney worlds just didn't matter. Days, I'm not sure about, myself, and Re:Coded & COM is LITERALLY a copy and paste of the existing KH1 worlds. They're literally just doorways that had no significance to the story.

And then...there's DDD & KH3. I'll give DDD the benefit of the doubt because the worlds there were pretty...but...the chosen worlds seemed...unnecessary. Like...as someone said in another thread, where does Country of Musketeers even fall in to call apart of lore? The Disney worlds just felt like they were...there, and the Organization had no reason to pop up except to pass on their traditional gibberish. Maleficent & Pete were thrown in the game so we wouldn't forget they exist. It was nice...but it didn't feel needed. I mean...why did they need the datascape in the first place? And why is Maleficent so hellbent on taking their castle?

Finally, we have KH3. Most of them just felt like 'A rerun of your FAVORITE Disney movies (Starring Donald Duck, Goofy, and some spiky-haired kid...cause why not?) I'll give Monstropolis and Toy Box the benefit of the doubt, because I kinda like how Toy Box touched upon the heart-within toys thing, and how Vanitas could absorb fear through the screams collected through the factory. However, THOSE worlds had such missed potential, as well. Doors are LITERALLY Monsters Inc.'s forte, and doors are LITERALLY KH's forte as well. There's a lot they could've touched upon, like the door to darkness, the gateway to finding Aqua.

I don't even want to TOUCH upon Corona & ESPECIALLY Arendelle. Disney has done enough with THOSE two worlds.

The Caribbean also is a world that had potential. There could've been more to talk about in regards to the box, rather than pointing out that the Organization's...just looking for it. It could've been a long run because of how short it is, but honestly, they could've added aspects of Dead Man's Chest into the mix, rather than going through A FRACTION of At World's End.

And San Fransokyo? I'm...not quite sure what potential it could've had. It was...honestly my least favorite world of KH3.

In the end, it doesn't even feel like a true Disney game anymore. It just feels like Disney's trying to advertise their movies, despite them being released ages ago.

At this point, if Kingdom Hearts WERE to exclude Disney from the equation...nothing would change except the literal 6 of MANY Disney characters.

Even THAT'S a stretch because Maleficent & Pete's relevance in KH3 HAD no impact until the VERY end.

The PoH were reintroduced in 3, but all that happened at the end felt like they didn't even matter and the topic of the PoH was just thrown in for the lols.

Jiminy, who's been in the party since the beginning, has BARELY had ANY screentime to even matter if he's there or not. The only time he's actually made a shine was in COM & Re: Coded.

Even Mickey...The goddamn ICON of Disney barely has much of an impact on this game.

SO. A Kingdom Hearts without Disney? Impossible from a realistic standpoint. From an unrealistic standpoint? The story would LITERALLY go on without them. The only thing that'll be missed from this exclusion, would be Donald and Goofy.

That's another rant about this topic. If this thread is closed because of the date, then so be it. I just want to send this in before it does.

Perkilator

Awards
My two cents: I think only via characters originating from the series, namely Sora, appearing in non-Disney crossovers (such as WoFF or Brave Exivus) could you have KH without Disney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back