• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What about a Kingdom Hearts without Disney??

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

DraceEmpressa

Awards
There's one more issue, the CGI, how are they going to implement the CGI in these characters?
KH or TW? KH is Disney property handled by Square Enix and neither are small company, both are capable of generating the CGI. or is it TW you're talking about? It is Disney property , legally, handled by Aniplex and Aniplex is already rich from FGO as well TW also rakes in millions of dollars monthly. They can make their own CGI movie for TW if they so desire but we know for the weeb market drawn style is preferable. As they are both Disney property, it's possible if Disney want to put TW and generate CGI models for TW characters, just as they have done for classic Disney characters.

Danrye001

Awards
KH or TW? KH is Disney property handled by Square Enix and neither are small company, both are capable of generating the CGI. or is it TW you're talking about? It is Disney property , legally, handled by Aniplex and Aniplex is already rich from FGO as well TW also rakes in millions of dollars monthly. They can make their own CGI movie for TW if they so desire but we know for the weeb market drawn style is preferable. As they are both Disney property, it's possible if Disney want to put TW and generate CGI models for TW characters, just as they have done for classic Disney characters.
It's TW.

Sean Wheeler

Awards
It can't.
Well, in 358/2 Days, in terms of Final Fantasy representation, there was only a Moogle in a black coat.
Birth by Sleep, besides the Moogle, there was only Zack.
Dream Drop Distance replaced Final Fantasy with The World Ends With You.
And we had to wait for the Re:Mind DLC to see our Final Fantasy friends in Kingdom Hearts III.

And even when the Moogle was the only thing from Final Fantasy, it was still Kingdom Hearts. And even if the Moogle was replaced with someone else running the shops, I'll hardly notice they're gone thanks to the shopkeepers from Traverse Town, Twilight Town and Radiant Garden and the way I often forget the Moogle shops were present in every world.

DraceEmpressa

Awards
Well i've answered you before then. SE can start from scratch just how they make 3d models for Disney classics, and Aniplex have more than enough budget to make CGI movie as the game nets in millions of dollars monthly. Trust me it's faaaaar from impossible, MMD exist, you know? there are countless of 3D models for anime characters with no CGI based game, that's a problem that can be easily solved by money and Aniplex, Disney, SE all have it,and you can even do it without money as most 3d model creators or mmd programmers have done, unlike the messy plot of KH that is beyond fix no matter how much budget there is.

2 quid is good

Awards
Well, in 358/2 Days, in terms of Final Fantasy representation, there was only a Moogle in a black coat.
Birth by Sleep, besides the Moogle, there was only Zack.
Dream Drop Distance replaced Final Fantasy with The World Ends With You.
And we had to wait for the Re:Mind DLC to see our Final Fantasy friends in Kingdom Hearts III.

And even when the Moogle was the only thing from Final Fantasy, it was still Kingdom Hearts. And even if the Moogle was replaced with someone else running the shops, I'll hardly notice they're gone thanks to the shopkeepers from Traverse Town, Twilight Town and Radiant Garden and the way I often forget the Moogle shops were present in every world.
If you can't see how KH3 was poorer for not having FF characters then I'm not about to waste energy going through all this hullabaloo again two and a half years later. You guys won't change your mind and think you're entirely justified by acting as if a loss of FF characters being a good thing is a fact and I'm tired of constantly seeing it and I don't care to argue it anymore, but I just feel I should express that I completely disagree and think you're wrong

Katsagu

Awards
I honestly don't really like this type of discussion. KH would be lesser without disney. KH IS lesser without FF.

The fight for hollow bastion is still one of the best setpieces in the whole series (yes even with goofy's death), if anyone looks at that set of events and doesn't understand how KH can win from good Disney AND FF integration, then I don't even know why you're playing this series.

If anything we should be discussing how both things could be better implemented into the series, because the current way is clearly not optimal since people are fine with getting rid of it.

Danrye001

Awards
I honestly don't really like this type of discussion. KH would be lesser without disney. KH IS lesser without FF.

The fight for hollow bastion is still one of the best setpieces in the whole series (yes even with goofy's death), if anyone looks at that set of events and doesn't understand how KH can win from good Disney AND FF integration, then I don't even know why you're playing this series.

If anything we should be discussing how both things could be better implemented into the series, because the current way is clearly not optimal since people are fine with getting rid of it.
Because some people think that without Disney, everything in Kingdom Hearts will be a lot more awesome, they think that anime like Soul Eater, Akame Ga Kill, FMA etc. is possible in KH, if Disney is taken out in KH, things will get a lot more worse for Nomura.

Awards
There's just too many sides that all want different things outta KH, and they all think that if you remove any one of those things, it won't be KH anymore.

Personally I think if you remove all the original stuff it wouldn't be KH anymore, it'd just be a Disney sightseeing tour. Just like how people think if you took out Disney, it'd just be a Final Fantasy game.

But what I'm getting at is, you just can't satisfy everyone. And in KH's case, you're attempting to satisfy multiple different groups of people while having to deal with the corporate mouse whining about how you can't have Elsa turn evil for five minutes.

I'd love a KH game where the Disney stuff just took a backseat and the script was flipped for a bit rather than Disney jumping out of the car, and considering Verum Rex and all that, I might get that. But we'll just have to wait and see.

And frankly, we wouldn't be having this whole debate if Disney wasn't such a big baby about copyright and all that.

Danrye001

Awards
There's just too many sides that all want different things outta KH, and they all think that if you remove any one of those things, it won't be KH anymore.

Personally I think if you remove all the original stuff it wouldn't be KH anymore, it'd just be a Disney sightseeing tour. Just like how people think if you took out Disney, it'd just be a Final Fantasy game.

But what I'm getting at is, you just can't satisfy everyone. And in KH's case, you're attempting to satisfy multiple different groups of people while having to deal with the corporate mouse whining about how you can't have Elsa turn evil for five minutes.

I'd love a KH game where the Disney stuff just took a backseat and the script was flipped for a bit rather than Disney jumping out of the car, and considering Verum Rex and all that, I might get that. But we'll just have to wait and see.

And frankly, we wouldn't be having this whole debate if Disney wasn't such a big baby about copyright and all that.
Let's just say that everything in KH needs to be there, Disney Worlds, Final Fantasy, TWETY.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don’t care about this argument because KH is Disney and should always have Disney in it, but there isn’t anything wrong with wanting to see a paradigm shift in a game or two to see how KH could work with a focus on other aspects of the series like FF and the original content while still having Disney in it

I personally think that was what Days and BBS were to a degree, anyways.

I said, they are a man.
Men can be bi, my dude.

Last edited:
Awards
He means he’d like it if KH gave the FF aspects more of a focus than the Disney stuff without taking the latter out of the picture.
Exactly.

In my eyes, there's nothing wrong with taking a break from Disney worlds for a bit without throwing Disney completely out of the picture.

After all, if Nomura wants to "drastically change the world and tell a new story", focusing on other aspects of the series in "Unreality" would be that drastic shift.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Sora is the main character of the whole series, while Kairi is one of the princesses of light, take out these two and the story is a mess.

You can honestly very easily remove Kairi and Sora or any character and still have an entire massive series to work with. KH has quite enough lore and untouched history in the past and the future that it could go on with its own stories focusing on different characters. Kairi is especially easy to phase out since she isn’t the deuteragonist of the series. Riku is.

I don’t think Sora should be retired, though, and Nomura wouldn’t anyways because to him Sora is the focal point of the series alongside Riku. He could change his mind and Disney could even push for a new protagonist, but that is a hypothetical we don’t want to think about.
Can a mod please take sexuality out of this discussion?
I am the manager.

Sean Wheeler

Awards
I am the manager.
Great. You can make sure this thread continues without derailing from it's title, right? I highly doubt Disney's removal would make Riku gay.

Anyway, back on topic, a Kingdom Hearts game without Disney probably won't sell as well. A major hype train for Kingdom Hearts are the new Disney worlds based on popular movies.

Danrye001

Awards
You can honestly very easily remove Kairi and Sora or any character and still have an entire massive series to work with. KH has quite enough lore and untouched history in the past and the future that it could go on with its own stories focusing on different characters. Kairi is especially easy to phase out since she isn’t the deuteragonist of the series. Riku is.

I don’t think Sora should be retired, though, and Nomura wouldn’t anyways because to him Sora is the focal point of the series alongside Riku. He could change his mind and Disney could even push for a new protagonist, but that is a hypothetical we don’t want to think about.

I am the manager.
Okay.

Back