• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What are “alternate worldlines”?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

cakito123

Awards
Not really! Everything regarding alternate worldlines and fiction worlds comes from KH3's ending.

In Union X all we really have is a digital world, that is a perfect copy from the world Sora and Co. was in all games.

We all know almost nothing about these alternate worldlines things too, yet

Xagzan

Awards
secret.png
\

Still wondering that myself.

Barrett

Awards
Worldlines could be referring to alternate timelines, they could also be referring to alternate realities, maybe both? We know the concept of worldlines is going in that general direction, but we definitely don't have a definitive answer for that yet, at least from what I can remember.

Last edited:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Seems to be the Kingdom Hearts way of saying "Alternate Realities". Welcome to the wacky world of Nomura-san.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Until we get more info on how those work, I’m just gonna assume they mean alternate timelines, like how Sora rewrote the bad ending to the Keyblade War when he used the Power of Waking. He went to a worldline where they didn’t all get destroyed by darkness.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I am actually curious about this. They made it seem like the worldlines were basically alternate realities. But Quadratum makes it seem like they're fictional realities. What I was wondering is: how do these fictional realities get created and how many are there? Did The Foretellers group create their own fictional realities to hide in until the time was right for their return? If they did create those realities, what will become of them? They basically brought (I'd assume) a whole world to life.

My personal thought on the matter is that Quadratum (or the alternate worldline) is like the original version of The World in the real universe - where everything was connected. I feel like every time someone creates some fictional world (by whatever process it may be), that gets attached to Quadratum and just expands and expands to create one united World.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
There's a possibility that Nomura was gonna run on an idea of Worldlines, but then decided to call the world of Verum Rex/Quadratum "the Unreality".

But like other posters have suggested, Worldlines could also refer from going to one world/timeline to another (i.e. the Dandelions going from their era to the eras they end up in; Ventus years before BBS; Subject x years before KH1; etc)

D

Deleted member 235902

The concept of worldlines is not exclusively a KHUχ thing, a lot of stuff with worldlines happened at the end of KH3. It's basically KH's way of saying "timelines." The KH3 Secret Reports talk about it a bit.

At the end of KH3, when Sora changed the events that happened to them at the Keyblade Graveyard, instead of creating a separate worldline/timeline like you think would happen when something in time was changed, Sora straight up broke the laws of nature and rewrote history on their own worldline. So, instead of there being two worldlines, one where light expired and one where light prevailed, both of those histories exist on a single worldline. The worldline goes up to the part when light expires, and then there's a tear in the worldline, which is followed by the events of light prevailing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back