• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What are some games you think are underrated?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Vulpes XIII

Awards
For me it would be the Rune Factory series especially Rune Factory 2 and 3 for the DS.

For those who are unfamiliar with the series it’s a RPG that shares similarities with the Harvest Moon games. So even though you’re doing the usual Harvest Moon stuff like growing crops, upgrading tools, joining in town festivals and choosing one of the villagers to try and marry by completing each one of their social events and giving them stuff they like to level up friendship.

But instead of raising animals you can raise monsters by taming them in the dungeons who can help you fight while you explore the dungeons and level up and if I remember correctly they can even help in boss fights too. It also has a mechanic called Rune Points which can be used up doing daily tasks as well as using your weapons and magic although you can do normal attacks without Rune Points but it sacrifices HP.

The games in the series that I have played have a enjoyable story and it’s a shame the series isn’t that well know ( well as far as I’m aware they aren’t) because they are definitely unique in my opinion.

So what games do you think are underrated and why?

AegisXIII

Awards
Never heard of Rune Factory. So I guess it really is underrated. XD
For me, it's Everybody's gone to the Rapture. The most beautiful game I have ever scene. The most beautiful songs I have ever heard. Too bad it's just a walking simulator.

Julian

Awards
Binary Domain. What do you get when Toshihiro Nagoshi and the Yakuza team get into War Machine? In the end, you get one of the best sci-fi titles of the decade. In a world where robots can pass like humans today, a team of special ops soldiers must figure out where these creatures came from. Their mission will ultimately uncover evidence of a new way of life that will transcend what it means to be human. It's a nifty game, and combat (where you can get rid of robot limbs and use voice commands to guide your teammates) is one of the best actions in this type of game. But I'm sure there're only a few players here.

PrettyGuard

Awards
Fatehaven and some of the earliest HG’s such as the aforementioned game “Paranoia” and the Fall of Daria was underrated but for me it was awesome!!!

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Well, Jak. And I used to think Psychonauts, too. But Psychonauts is getting a crowd-funded sequel out soon, so I guess not so underrated.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
trace memory
hotel dusk room 215
xenogears
time hollow
Another Code(Trace Memory)? Yeah I can agree with that. Kinda a shame that the company behind it and Hotel Dusk, Cing, has gone defunct. Fingers crossed that Kyle and Ashley get another chance in the spotlight. I got to play Another Code R, though I never finished it. But I did enjoy what I played.

Not sure if the Dark Cloud duology is considered underrated, but it’d be nice if we got another game in the series.

RonaldPoe

Awards
I remember the first Dark Cloud. I beat it when I was younger. It was very unique and pretty memorable.

Anyone played Devil Survivor or its sequel. They're rather underrated RPG's from the Shin Megami Tensei series but one of the easier entries in that franchise. From the impressive Metal soundtrack to the likable characters, I really liked them. It even made cell phones summoning demons sound less ridiculous.

Also Sly Cooper was my childhood platformer. I find the series to be fun and the cartoonish nature to be charming.

Back