• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What are these problems with 2.5?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

axel95

Awards
So is there any chance these bugs will ever be fixed by Square Enix?
The only chance is them fixing it before the NA release, which I highly doubt they did. They never released a patch for the more serious issues in DDD, so I don't see them doing one here.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It makes me nervous for FFXV and KH3 being on PS4.

Trust me, SE can't afford to let either game ship with game-breaking bugs. They will already be facing the Spanish Inquisition just by these games finally releasing. I can see small glitches, but nothing that could ruin those games like Unity's bugs.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
But don't the American versions of the games always improve upon the Japan release? The big improvements in BBS come to mind (and, personally I never experienced any glitches at all). I'm sure the gltches will be fixed by the time December comes around.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
But don't the American versions of the games always improve upon the Japan release? The big improvements in BBS come to mind (and, personally I never experienced any glitches at all). I'm sure the gltches will be fixed by the time December comes around.

No. That is a bit different, too. These are low budget HD remasters. The people who worked on 2.5 aren't a full development team. It's just a few programmers and planners and once they are done with a project, they don't look back. They are sent to work on the next game. Since most of the English data was on the Japanese disk, it is extremely likely they finished their work awhile ago and have already moved on.

This also isn't a glitch that can be easily replicated and it is possible it doesn't happen on their test equipment.

If the game isn't stuttering or has a game breaking glitch, it doesn't actually need patching.

And again, to everybody, unless you have 2.5 and played KH2FM in it, you wouldn't have experienced any glitches. It's just in 2.5.

Rau Le Creuset

Getting 1 shot through second chance by Xemnas would suck pretty bad.. I hope it's not a big deal. Who knows, maybe if even more glitches are found square might just give the game a little patch out of the goodness in their hearts. After all, they did pull through with the collectors edition. Unless their plan was to make us wait and crave that..

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
No Soft Reset? Damn...now I got to get off out of my bed. Oh wait...I'll just used the PS button lol. And about the Xemnas one hit kill. Is that during the flash cannon attack?

Kazr10

Bronze Member
Awards
robvandom if you mean to go back to the main menu just go to the saveload

There are times where people will want to try out new strategies, have a taste of a new boss, or they are in the midst of something and wanna retry. A soft reset is much more simpler and time-saving as compared to quitting the stage, wait for the loading time, go to a map with a save point, clear the mobs there, reset.

Don't generalize.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Yeah, you guys are right. The glitches aren't that noticeable.

oApYDmV.jpg

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
What the diddly?! There's no soft reset in this remaster?!

That battle against Terra's Lingering Sentiment is going to be a bigger pain that I thought. *shudders*

Soft reset wasn't in the original games either, the only time they had it was in the very first game (which they also kept in for I.5). I think they need to re-implement it, it's a brilliant feature.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
And about the Xemnas one hit kill. Is that during the flash cannon attack?
It's during his grab move when you need to use Reversal.

Occasionally, one of the Reversal RCs won't show up, so you'll get hit.

You can still survive if you just ride the combo out with SC/OM, but trying to do another Reversal or anything else will ensure your untimely demise.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
It's during his grab move when you need to use Reversal.

Occasionally, one of the Reversal RCs won't show up, so you'll get hit.

You can still survive if you just ride the combo out with SC/OM, but trying to do another Reversal or anything else will ensure your untimely demise.

Wow...that does sound really off. I'd have to be really meticulously on that final fight.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Wow...that does sound really off. I'd have to be really meticulously on that final fight.
Yeah, I got really mad when I fought Final Xemnas. He kept grabbing me the second the fight started and then I'd die 'cause I didn't know about the Reversal bug.

So definitely keep that in mind

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Soft reset wasn't in the original games either, the only time they had it was in the very first game (which they also kept in for I.5). I think they need to re-implement it, it's a brilliant feature.

It is a useful feature. I've used it quite a few times for KH1 and the FFX/X-2 remaster.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Yeah, I got really mad when I fought Final Xemnas. He kept grabbing me the second the fight started and then I'd die 'cause I didn't know about the Reversal bug.

So definitely keep that in mind

I'll see how that goes. The flash cannon blast part with Sora and Riku blocking shots. Once that screens goes blank you'd better you didn't lose. That's one of the most random battle sequence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back