• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What Are You Expecting From Kingdom Hearts III?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
IF YOU DON’T FEEL LIKE READING A STORY, SKIP DOWN TO THE LAST TWO PARAGRAPHS!

Halloween, 2009. My vocational tech school was having a Halloween themed "Fall social event" (just a "politically correct" way of saying Halloween party) and I went wearing my Organization XIII coat. (not cosplaying anyone in particular, just wearing the coat because I thought it was cool) My buddy Shade (not really his name but I have to call him something for the sake of this story) and I were in charge of setting up and maintaining the pa system so we had to stay for both the AM and PM sessions. In between them we were given a break to go out for lunch.

Since he is a casual Kingdom Hearts fan (meaning that he skips the handheld titles and just has a friend tell him the gist of the story) and I was wearing the coat, naturally our conversation went to Kingdom Hearts and we started talking about KH3. He started telling me stuff about the game as if he had seen it in action.

• He told me that you could switch characters at will between Sora and Riku
  • That you could dual wield keyblades at will without drive forms
  • that you could customize your own keyblades
  • That you could use your two keyblades to climb certain walls by sticking them in the walls (reminiscent of Brave Fencer Musashi where you could do that with Musashi’s two swords) and if you encountered flying heartless while doing this, you could stand on one keyblade while it’s in the wall and fight off the heartless with the other
  • That they were running out of Disney worlds to use so they would start visiting Final Fantasy worlds.
  • That one of the worlds was Midgar from Final Fantasy VII and in it you would aid Cloud and Barret in their opening bombing mission.
  • Lastly he said that Anti-Sora would have a larger role in the game
Back then I was not yet a member here but I frequented the main site and was lurking in the forums to check things out. So I was confident that I was pretty savvy in Kingdom Hearts news. So of course I questioned his credulity. I asked where he had heard all this and he said he saw a video of a demo of the game somewhere but he couldn’t remember the exact place. In my history of knowing the guy, I had known him to be sort of a liar. Generally half the things he says is BS so I did not believe him but I couldn’t help but think those were some interesting ideas.

So with all that said, I’ve just been wondering what all of you are expecting to see in Kingdom Hearts III. What are some ideas you would like to see implemented? Do you agree with what my friend was saying even though he was obviously lying through his teeth? Have any hopes or worries about it? Or is it too early to even be discussing this?

I think it would be pointless to climb walls with keyblades because Sora will probably be able to just run up walls like the quickmoves in Dissidia. I don’t even know how customizing your own keyblades would work. And obviously, looking at the Worlds in Kingdom Hearts thread you can see that they won’t run out of Disney worlds so I highly doubt there would be whole Final Fantasy worlds. Although I do think that post-Xehanort Saga there will be more SE content but still not full worlds. I wanted to make my 1000th post special so I figured I'd share this lame story I’ve been sitting on for years.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
He told me that you could switch characters at will between Sora and Riku
He's a prophet.

That you could use your two keyblades to climb certain walls by sticking them in the walls (reminiscent of Brave Fencer Musashi where you could do that with Musashi’s two swords) and if you encountered flying heartless while doing this, you could stand on one keyblade while it’s in the wall and fight off the heartless with the other
While I agree with you that this particular example of game play sounds somewhat impractical, that does appear to be where the maneuvering capabilities in DDD are headed. Spinning around posts, dashing around the field, bouncing off walls. I expect KH3 will be highly interactive in its environment. In terms of game play, I would hope that KH3 is totally explorable; everything in sight should be available to jump on or climb up or propel your character off of. The worlds should be vast, populated and varied. And for goodness' sake, bring back the Gummi Ship and all that should entail given what I've already specified.

Story-wise, I'd like a direct, relatively simple plot. I'm hoping DDD resolves much of the disorganization within the story as it is, answers a lot of the lingering questions, gets the relevant characters in position for the final battles and paves the way for KH3 to do what it needs to do without all of the baggage that has been built up over the past few installments cluttering up the game and confusing its objective. DDD needs to be our big character mash-up mindbonk festival so that KH3 can move the story towards its finale in an efficient and oriented manner. I'd like to see something very character driven, as well; lots of reinforcement of the importance of Sora's connections with people, lots of redemption for Riku (if he isn't dead or something), an actual purpose in the story for Kairi, etc. etc. While the main characters are already well established, I would like to see that character history used in a way that benefits a more insightful perspective on their roles in the plot rather than an excuse to move them nowhere on a personal level and focus solely on their predefined plot purpose. Sora's sense of justice and faith in the light might be challenged heavily, and the enemy could be playing Riku's lingering self-hatred against him constantly, while Kairi, to begin with, needs to be given a foundation as a character. Things like that.

Finally, the abstract and the metaphorical in KH has always been of great interest to me, and I would like to see it expanded upon and given proper relevance within the story. Events like Ven's meta-conscious struggle with Vanitas and what that entails for his heart, or Sora's first Dive to the Heart at the very beginning of the series, have consistently proven to be some of the strongest and most engaging moments in KH continuity for me. Inner conflict is something I'm very interested in exploring more in KH3, as I believe that the fight against Xehanort's machinations is going to be largely composed of a cleansing of each character's Self, and that the real trial should come not in locking Keyblades but in resolving matters of the Heart, where all good and all evil begins and ends.

Last edited:

notnow123487

Awards
The thing I most want is for Sora, Riku, and Kairi to get armor like TAV. Fighting with Sora in armor would be epic. Also if the graphics are anything like Versus I would die of happiness.

And does it make me a casual fan since I didn't actually play BBS. I've played every other game. I just didn't want to buy a PSP

blueheart

Bronze Member
I want Sora to not act retarded. He should grow up a bit and mature. He can still get along with Disney characters and such, and even be a goofy, but no more of his KH2 behavior.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
He's a prophet.

While I agree with you that this particular example of game play sounds somewhat impractical, that does appear to be where the maneuvering capabilities in DDD are headed. Spinning around posts, dashing around the field, bouncing off walls. I expect KH3 will be highly interactive in its environment. In terms of game play, I would hope that KH3 is totally explorable; everything in sight should be available to jump on or climb up or propel your character off of. The worlds should be vast, populated and varied. And for goodness' sake, bring back the Gummi Ship and all that should entail given what I've already specified.

Story-wise, I'd like a direct, relatively simple plot. I'm hoping DDD resolves much of the disorganization within the story as it is, answers a lot of the lingering questions, gets the relevant characters in position for the final battles and paves the way for KH3 to do what it needs to do without all of the baggage that has been built up over the past few installments cluttering up the game and confusing its objective. DDD needs to be our big character mash-up mindbonk festival so that KH3 can move the story towards its finale in an efficient and oriented manner. I'd like to see something very character driven, as well; lots of reinforcement of the importance of Sora's connections with people, lots of redemption for Riku (if he isn't dead or something), an actual purpose in the story for Kairi, etc. etc. While the main characters are already well established, I would like to see that character history used in a way that benefits a more insightful perspective on their roles in the plot rather than an excuse to move them nowhere on a personal level and focus solely on their predefined plot purpose. Sora's sense of justice and faith in the light might be challenged heavily, and the enemy could be playing Riku's lingering self-hatred against him constantly, while Kairi, to begin with, needs to be given a foundation as a character. Things like that.

Finally, the abstract and the metaphorical in KH has always been of great interest to me, and I would like to see it expanded upon and given proper relevance within the story. Events like Ven's meta-conscious struggle with Vanitas and what that entails for his heart, or Sora's first Dive to the Heart at the very beginning of the series, have consistently proven to be some of the strongest and most engaging moments in KH continuity for me. Inner conflict is something I'm very interested in exploring more in KH3, as I believe that the fight against Xehanort's machinations is going to be largely composed of a cleansing of each character's Self, and that the real trial should come not in locking Keyblades but in resolving matters of the Heart, where all good and all evil begins and ends.

Very well put. I couldn't have said it better myself.

The thing I most want is for Sora, Riku, and Kairi to get armor like TAV. Fighting with Sora in armor would be epic. Also if the graphics are anything like Versus I would die of happiness.

And does it make me a casual fan since I didn't actually play BBS. I've played every other game. I just didn't want to buy a PSP

The way this series has been system hopping, it's understandable for fans to not be able to play every game.

As for the armor, it was originally made as a way to hide their character designs since they hadn't come up with them yet. There really isn't any further need for armor. But if they do ever get armor, it would probably be post-Xehanort saga.

notnow123487

Awards
I want Sora to not act retarded. He should grow up a bit and mature. He can still get along with Disney characters and such, and even be a goofy, but no more of his KH2 behavior.

Completely agree. I hate how Sora acts like he is 8 years old when he is like 17 or so. I know its a disney game, but I wish he would mature more to seem like a teenage hero who most of the players can relate to. It was fine ten years ago when I was a child, but now that I am 17 I want a grown up Sora.

Crazy Mario

The One, The Only, Jumpman!
Completely agree. I hate how Sora acts like he is 8 years old when he is like 17 or so. I know its a disney game, but I wish he would mature more to seem like a teenage hero who most of the players can relate to. It was fine ten years ago when I was a child, but now that I am 17 I want a grown up Sora.
17? He was fifteen during KH2. But I agree with a grown-up Sora too. But I'd like it to start around the middle of the next saga.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards

Sora is actually 15 in KHII but yeah, he still acts stupid for his age.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned

Kinda forgivable considering he's been in stasis for a year...

...except he's still an idiot.

What am I expecting from Kingdom Hearts III? I'll do a write-up later on (kinda sleep, want to chill, going to see off my fiancée tomorrow), but I expect the minimum.

• More Platforming
  • Better dialogue that isn't KH2 or Days
  • Command Board.

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic
I think Namine did more than move his memories around....;)
But I actually enjoy Stupid!Sora. He adds some humor to what would be an otherwise depressing story. I mean, bodies are being stolen, people are sacrificing themselves, there's angst, some mary-sues...
To answer the OP's question: I really would, like a lot of other members, enjoy a more interactive environment. Combine some of BBS' and KH1's platforming with DDD's swinging around poles and jumping off walls, and I'll be a happy camper.
Storywise, I want something dynamic and complex. I don't care what other people say...I like the complexity of the games(I don't really even consider them that). I want twists, emotional scenes, interesting concepts introduced. I want beautiful environments. I want a good Disney World with Main Plot intertwining story(no just recreating the movies'). I want to be able to play as TAV, SRK, and MDG; not just in multiplayer, either. I want fun Gummi Ship missions that require skill to play.
I'm surprised no one has talked about synthesizing stuff yet. Maybe they could use this to allow players to customize Keyblades and create new keychains. Like if you get...Sora's Kingdom Key, for example, you could, through using the right materials, change the silver blade to red with ornate, golden designs on it. Or you could take Riku's Way to the Dawn and make the bat wing blade blue and white, and the angel wing could be turned purple.
For new keychain/Keyblade synthesis, you could be allowed to choose from hundreds of different parts that you can collect, find in treasure chests, synthesize, etc... Then you could change the keychain, the handle, handguards, blade, teeth, and colors/designs.
Even better, allow people to make Keyblades for ANY playable Keyblade Wielder AND you can download some from online, share your designs with others, etc...
I want the same with Gummi Ship designing. Make it more fun and interesting.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
What I'm expecting?
A game about the quality of KH2 or BBS. But, if 3D is as good as it looks... maybe they'll make KH3 into something amazing like KH1 was.
Maybe a couple hints toward what will come after the Xehanort Saga.
Master Xehanort dying at last.
More of RAX and TVA.
SDG as main party.
A lame script.

Honestly, it's too hard to expect anything it's not even being made yet, and I'm just basing this off of past games and the little things we know. There are lots of things I hope for though.

Domination

Awards
IF YOU DON’T FEEL LIKE READING A STORY, SKIP DOWN TO THE LAST TWO PARAGRAPHS!

[*]That they were running out of Disney worlds to use so they would start visiting Final Fantasy worlds.
[*]That one of the worlds was Midgar from Final Fantasy VII and in it you would aid Cloud and Barret in their opening bombing mission.

I Hate this -.-; I'm so sick of the whole "I wan't Final Fantasy worlds in Kingdom Hearts!". Kingdom Hearts is known for having DISNEY worlds (With the exception of their original worlds). Disney is what makes the game great. I mean, what would you put in a Final Fantasy World? The Worlds in each Final Fantasy games are huge and make up the area in which you play the game. You couldn't have such a large world for something that's just supposed to have about 5-6 areas. Even if they were to cut the worlds down, it would still feel empty and all. A Final Fantasy World just couldn't work.

XIII RoXaS XIII

Awards

E.g "Let's go see Santa" *derp face*

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
He's a prophet.
My friends brother told her that a Tron Legacy world would be in DDD over a year ago. Does that make him a prophet?

I just want:
  • A long, enjoyable game.
  • Good weapons that vary with design, ability and strength.
  • A new and brilliant battle system.
  • Platforming.
  • Nice dialogue.
  • Disney Worlds to influence the main plot again.
  • With that said, a good plot.
  • Evil Maleficent again.
  • Disney Villains working together.
  • Donald and Goofy to be better during battles.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I Hate this -.-; I'm so sick of the whole "I wan't Final Fantasy worlds in Kingdom Hearts!". Kingdom Hearts is known for having DISNEY worlds (With the exception of their original worlds). Disney is what makes the game great. I mean, what would you put in a Final Fantasy World? The Worlds in each Final Fantasy games are huge and make up the area in which you play the game. You couldn't have such a large world for something that's just supposed to have about 5-6 areas. Even if they were to cut the worlds down, it would still feel empty and all. A Final Fantasy World just couldn't work.

1. This story is several years old.
2. Jugg's friend didn't whine about wanting FF worlds. He had just convinced himself that his headcanon was reality.
3. Don't shoot the messenger.

Bobby Craft

There's an alternate ending? Where did you hear that?

Trying to recall the topic I heard it from. But supposedly the original ending had no Ansem SoD in it. The story basically ended after you defeated Maleficent and released the 7 princesses.

I guess it sounds like a dumb concept but I think that's only because we're already attached to how the story has developed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back