• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What are you expecting out of KHIII?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Do you think KHIII will live up to your expectations?

• I wholeheartedly think so; I can't imagine it wouldn't.

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • I think it will be great, but I'm sure a few things will be left out.

Votes: 15 38.5%
  • It'll be good, but not everything I want will be addressed.

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • It will just be ok, with a lot left out.

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • It'll be bad; I don't expect much.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm not looking forward to it/It will be terrible.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

duchessa

I think most of us are looking forward to III, but how much do we think it will live up to our expectations? I'm curious. Post your thoughts if you'd like!
(I also haven't done a poll before, so my apologies if I mess it up.)

Edit: I figured I'd vote too! I think it will be great for me personally, since I'm not to hard to please. There are a few things I'd be mad about if they weren't addressed, but I can't see myself calling it bad.

Last edited:

Anagram

Banned
I had to vote other because I don't think it will be bad but I dont expect it to be anywhere near expectations, address everything we want it to, or handle characters as well as we'd have liked.
It's got to much to do storywise and I don't expect them to cut it given past titles.

Rael_Oblivion

I dont expect it to be anywhere near expectations, address everything we want it to, or handle characters as well as we'd have liked.
It's got to much to do storywise and I don't expect them to cut it given past titles.
What incognito said. There's a certain amount of expectation everyone puts into their wants about KHIII, but it's not an unlimited game. And there's a LOT of story it has to wrap up in one game, since this is the end of the Xehanort saga. Also, since everyone's wants about a game are subjective, it's going to be impossible to please everyone. I don't think it'll be bad by any stretch of the imagination, but I don't think it'll be perfect. No game is, though.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Gonna jump on the "Other" bandwagon here. Both incognito and Rael_Oblivion essentially said everything that I needed to say. I'm expecting the game to just barely cover some of the questions that we have (and even those smaller number of questions are going to be A LOT considering the Kudzu plot of the series).

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
It will just be ok, with a lot left out.

I expect the Disney worlds/characters will get the shaft again and most of the original storylines won't be wrapped up as well as they could be. But the game will look and sound very nice. The environments and gameplay will probably be decent.

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
I just will expect Nomura throwing the BIGGEST plot twist that is so big, it will piss me off. Because I swore myself that I will stop playing KH after KH3, and then he comes up with this twist that it will make me want to know more and go buy the next installment and curse myself for breaking this promise.

duchessa

I agree with everyone's "other" sentiments. I think I would fall into that category too, but for me even with a lot left out, I still think I'll be very happy with the game. Honestly all I really want to see is the trios all reuniting and doing trio things. I mean, there's quite a lot of other things I want to see, but I guess as far as my basic needs go, it's that.

It will just be ok, with a lot left out.

I expect the Disney worlds/characters will get the shaft again and most of the original storylines won't be wrapped up as well as they could be. But the game will look and sound very nice. The environments and gameplay will probably be decent.

This treatment of Disney worlds/characters will definitely be the case if it follows in KH2's footsteps. Though there is the opportunity for some new worlds to be introduced if they consider going with newer movies, so maybe those would play out differently. Maybe we'll get some NPCs for once :'-)

I just will expect Nomura throwing the BIGGEST plot twist that is so big, it will piss me off. Because I swore myself that I will stop playing KH after KH3, and then he comes up with this twist that it will make me want to know more and go buy the next installment and curse myself for breaking this promise.

Lol, well at least one big plot twist that doesn't seem likely as of right now is Sora dying/whatever is dying in the KH universe. Unless Nomura takes back what he said about future Sora-centric in some form titles. But I'm sure we'll get some agonizing cliffhanger/villain reveal/etc. to get us pissed and or hyped.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
For these sort of things I try not to really have "expectations". I think I had some basic ones at some point, like improved battle system based of off KH1 and KH2 and for the major plot points to be covered, but I'm pretty whatever about it now. I'll just roll with it and see where it goes.

I'm expecting it to, as Tartarus said, to at least look and sound very nice and that's pretty much the apex of my expectations.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I tend to keep my expectation low and so I went with "It will just be ok, with a lot left out." I know I'll enjoy KHIII, but I pretty much expect whatever I want to happen or be addressed probably won't and the Disney worlds and characters will once again be lousy filler.

Shogo-Kun

Awards
I just think that the game will be good in terms of being a game (good graphics, amazing music, decent gameplay, etc.), but it will most likely fail as a story. I've come to expect less than stellar storytelling with Kingdom Hearts and video games in general.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
I'll admit to being one of the crazy and rare fans who, for the most part, usually loves everything that KH brings to the table.

That being said, though, I feel like KHIII will only be good, if not just okay (though I know I'll still probably really, really enjoy the game, even so).

Though I LOVE the story for Kingdom Hearts, I'll admit that the execution--and them treating certain things the way that they should be treated--always seems to fall short.

Granted, I think they have been trying to improve since KHII. DDD, for instance, had the characterizations all where they should be for the most part, but...

The fact is that KHIII has a hella lot to address, and I'd be lying if I said I think it can all fit in there in a good and satisfying way. The fact that KH Chi stuff is being added to an all ready convoluted mess doesn't help things, either.

Knowing Nomura, he'll try to answer everything that he can, but I'm worried it'll end up feeling like KHII did in that regard: being very fragmented and disjointed (in like how Nomura-san tried to piece all of the lines found at the end of the ASAS secret ending into the game, I mean).

I'm also nearly certain that this game will end up being similar to what "The Blood of Olympus" was to the "Heroes of Olympus" series. I do think that Nomura WILL try to answer everything, and finish everything, that needs it in the last game of the Xehanort saga...

BUT I don't put it past him at all to implant a lot of questions that will make you all ready begin questioning the next saga. Which technically wouldn't be breaking the rules or his promise, so to speak. But it'll still be somewhat maddening that everything that was put into question in this saga wasn't put to rest withinit.

IDK. I could be wrong. But seeing as how Nomura loves to hint at future installments (and seeing how I bet SquareEnix will want him to ensure that the fans will come back next time)...I'm probably not.

But if nothing else, I don't doubt that the game will be be very fun to play, entertaining, and worthy of its Triple A title, nonetheless:)

Last edited:

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
I agree with everyone's "other" sentiments. I think I would fall into that category too, but for me even with a lot left out, I still think I'll be very happy with the game. Honestly all I really want to see is the trios and Naminé all reuniting and doing trio things. I mean, there's quite a lot of other things I want to see, but I guess as far as my basic needs go, it's that.

Fixed your post for ya, there, duchessa;) (Kidding.)

@Alan Smithee Here, here. I mean, don't get me wrong: I do like the XIII series, and Lightning as a character, but Lightning Returns was really disappointing, in that it only wrapped up her story and nobody else's. Here's hoping KHIII doesn't do anything like that. Fortunately, though, I doubt that it will, so that's certainly something:)

duchessa

Yep, low expectations helps me to enjoy things a lot more.

Fixed your post for ya, there, duchessa;) (Kidding.)

Aww sorry Naminé! :-( Yes, all I really want to see is the trios plus Naminé together! My instincts say don't have any expectations, but I feel like it's a given that all these people will be coming back... hopefully.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
I chose the first option, as I believe in this game blindly. I simply know that it'll do perfect for me, as long as Sora is as lovely as always and helps all the people that need salvation, and there's a BUNCH of people that need salvation xD
sometimes, it's better to loosen up and just be happy about a game, life's too short to spend it being disappointed because of untouched expectations
I also have expectations, but call me a fool - I let myself believe that KHIII will live up to them 100%, probably also because they simply involve some already expected character re-appearances, everyone saved and happy, lots of epicness etc etc and other vague things that can be easily resolved

KHJEDIKNIGHT

Awards
I went with "great, but a few things will be left out". Honestly, because fans have been speculating about KHIII for nearly a decade now, we've built up extremely high expectations to the point where Nomura and Square-Enix simply aren't able to fulfill these expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back