• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What are you hoping for with KH in the next decade?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Perkilator

Awards
One act closesthe next act opens
Now that the 2010’s are officially over, what are your hopes for the next decade? I only have a few:

-That the Foreteller Saga is nicely paced
-That Square continues to go as all out as they can with the worlds, like with KH3
-That Sora is playable in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate as DLC
-That the HD Re:Mixes eventually get on Switch

Last edited:

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
Lol, why not. It's New Years (though I'm not expecting half of these to actually happen).
  • Roxas and Xion get a more of a role in the overarching plot
  • Aqua gets consistent characterization and respect again
  • Disney Worlds hopefully feel less filler
  • The writers focus on setting up a well crafted, self contained story in each title, with the secret endings exclusively being the set up.
  • The focus is more spread out among the main cast
  • FF characters play a more consistent role
  • Character plotlines that KH3 failed to address (or just straight up dropped) actually get addressed and expanded upon.
  • Set up actually gets a proper pay off instead of being abandoned. Blank Points and the Re: Coded Secret ending being good examples

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Lol, why not. It's New Years (though I'm not expecting half of these to actually happen).
  • The writers focus on setting up a well crafted, self contained story in each title, with the secret endings exclusively being the set up.
  • Character plotlines that KH3 failed to address (or just straight up dropped) actually get addressed and expanded upon.
  • Set up actually gets a proper pay off instead of being abandoned. Blank Points and the Re: Coded Secret ending being good examples
Pretty much what I was gonna say.

disney233

Awards
Pretty much what I was gonna say.
Disney & Sqaure can NEED to in the GODDAMN MIDDLE so we can have a balance in relevance between the original content, Final Fantasy, & Disney in Kingdom Hearts just like how they ALL felt apart of the story in KH1 & 2. That list...is EVERYTHING that I have hopes for. There are doubts within these hopes, but...still hoping.

OrionGold

Awards
What I want for KH In the new decade:
  • Gameplay that is on-par with Kingdom Hearts 2 in terms of fluidity, feel, and balance.
  • Maybe introduce new original characters that look like they came straight from a Disney or Square Enix world, human or not.
  • A story that is well-planned in advance so that we won't have worry for any retcon.
  • The ability to switch between characters in real-time.
  • Improved control scheme where holding the shoulder and trigger buttons open up a small menu.
  • Improved script and voice direction so the characters can feel more real.
  • Let us bring our Disney and Square Enix members outside of Donald and Goofy with us for a true Disney and Square crossover.
  • Major side events that help develop our party members as characters a lot more.
  • No delays while switching between Keyblades during attack animations.
  • Bring back Reaction Commands.
  • Give Aqua her Keyblade and Armor back.
  • Have the good guys be more pragmatic when facing their enemies. Have them take a shot at a villain who is spouting mumbo-jumbo at them.
  • Let us beat up Disney and Pixar villains because they're villains.
  • If Sora, Donald, and Goofy appear during the events of a Disney movie, maybe have all of the characters in that movie appear and also have the trio cause a change in events.
  • An entertaining villain/rival character who you can't help admire, but also want to get to their level and have the chance to beat them in combat later on in a game's story.
  • Don't let bygones be bygones; have former villains face the consequences of their past actions.
  • Interactions with your summons.
  • Continuing from the previous bullet: Fire Emblem-like support conversations with your party members.

disney233

Awards
What I want for KH In the new decade:
  • Let us bring our Disney and Square Enix members outside of Donald and Goofy with us for a true Disney and Square
I personally feel like that should probably be for certain character allies and not all of them. Like....say Ariel, Woody & Buzz, or (God forbid) Marlin or Lightning McQueen would really...make sense outside of their world. I'd definitely pay to see Merida or Maui exploring outside of their home, or perhaps old friends like Peter Pan, Tink, Genie, & Stitch. On top of this, it opens up some interesting dynamics.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Basically all this.

I want the next saga to be more planned out.
I want the Disney Worlds to be more relevant and for actual story elements to happen in Disney worlds.
In addition I want Disney characters to be more helpful to the overall plot instead of just repeating movie events.
I would like to see Roxas and Xion get new stories and maybe detail how their Replica bodies now function.
I'd like for Terra and Aqua to also have new stories an help Ven.
I want Namine to have more of a role in the series but also balance her powers out so she's not so op.
I don't want romance/shipping to become canon with any characters. Leave that to the imaginations of the fans.
For the next game series to be released while I'm still young enough to play games.

Last edited:

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
More than all, I hope KH3 (and FFXV) have been big lesson for Square-Enix and the production for the next games go smoother. Better planning and no more switching engines during development, delaying everything and losing years of work!

With KH3, I hope Nomura also have realized once and for all how important the FF characters are for a lot of fans, who refuse to let them go.

Other things would be:

- Kingdom Hearts 4 to actually come out this decade.
- Better writting and direction overall. Nomura having so much control is a bad idea, so hopefully when FF7 remake is done they can grab more talented staff to help out. Even though that may not happen this decade...
- Disney to be less restrictive.
- No more Organization XIII or Xehanort.

Since it was first introduced in KH3 and what it represents, I may also say I would love Verum Rex to become a real game and it's own IP. I say it's own IP, because I want it as far as possible from Disney claws. Just like Final Fantasy and The World Ends With You franchises, it could still crossover with KH in the future.

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
1. Kingdom Hearts animated series. Whether Western animation or anime.

2. More final fantasy characters and a Kairi centered game at some point

3. Max Goof finally getting an appearance and a prominent role as a protagonist or antagonist.

4. An Atlantis or Princess and the Frog world

Eugix

-A planned story with a good pacing and without too many retcons and/or any deus ex machina
-Better writing especially for the Disney worlds
-Better level design and more world interactions ( like in the Tangled world ). So more exploration overall
-No glorified mini games like in the Toy story world
-Good balance between Disney and SE parts ( not referring only to FF characters but the original story overall)
-Less involvement with Disney
-A more crisp and complex combat system
-Good treatment of female characters like Aqua and Kairi
-I hope in the DEFINITIVE death of some characters ( I mean of important characters from the different trios)

disney233

Awards
1. Kingdom Hearts animated series. Whether Western animation or anime.
Remind me again how would a series work? I mean...I can see a series based on KH1, probably 2...but I can't see anything beyond that. COM, the Disney areas probably have to be scrapped because there's so little reason for it.

D

Deleted member 246005

Remind me again how would a series work? I mean...I can see a series based on KH1, probably 2...but I can't see anything beyond that. COM, the Disney areas probably have to be scrapped because there's so little reason for it.
You still have BBS/DDD/KH3 to go through and each of those could hold a season. I could see them adapting Coded as an episode. Days also could hold a season but I'm not sure if you would adapt it after or before 2.

With CoM, you could just have Sora go through new worlds because a show wouldn't have the same budgetary restrictions as the game did. Marluxia's goal is to brainwash Sora to fight for him anyway so sending Sora on a fake adventure makes sense. Remember Namine starts out as another childhood friend before replacing Kairi later anyway so you could just do more. Or you could just adapt it as a flashback episode in a later season as Sora doesn't get his memories back anyway.

My screenwriting book defines adaptations as second drafts so the problems that the games have could be avoided with another go.

Last edited by a moderator:

okhi12

Awards
I hope the foreteller's saga is not as long as Xehanort's, because that would mean that I'll be 50 by the time it reachs its conclusion. I don't want to wait that much, but with games taking longer to develop that will probably happen. If KH continues after that please give a closure to Sora's story and start anew with a whole different cast and setting.
Once the foretellers saga ends the future of the series is unclear to me but is should be determined by the quality of the games. I don't want Square Enix carelessly exploiting the franchise as long as its profitable leading to a drop in quality while Nomura loses interest and exploits drained concepts again and again.
That's my greatest concern for KH, and I honestly fear we're about to reach that point.

To sum it up, keep it alive as long as it's good, let it end if it's bad.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I also would prefer the Foreteller Saga to not end up as long as the Seeker Saga, 17 years for one Saga is a bit much. I'd like for it to begin and end in this decade.

It'd be nice, if the saga and games were better planned out. Maybe that Nomura would consulting the Light Novel and Manga authors a bit, seeing I feel Kanemaki and Amano do a great job with his ideas and often tell it better than he does.

Other things I'd like to see are the worlds to become more explorable, with secrets that reveal themselves as you gain new abilities. All while keeping the size of KH3 worlds.

For the treatment of female characters to improve, I have serious issues with how KH3 treated most of the Girls. Though the game did make most incompetent that weren't Sora. Also moving forward it'd be nice, if when new characters are introduced there'd be more girls/women among them.

I'd like to see them also find a way to handle the large cast. Maybe spinning them off into their own lines of games?

Also I think it's time we'd get a game staring and developing Kairi. She's been sidelined for too long.

Oh and I'd also love to see minor side quests become a thing, it'd be a great way to explore and flesh out the worlds and story that aren't the main plot.

Since it was first introduced in KH3 and what it represents, I may also say I would love Verum Rex to become a real game and it's own IP. I say it's own IP, because I want it as far as possible from Disney claws. Just like Final Fantasy and The World Ends With You franchises, it could still crossover with KH in the future.
Well considering Verum Rex first appeared in Kingdom Hearts, I wouldn't be surprised if the IP now technically would belong to Disney, seeing all KH original Characters are Disney owned to my knowledge.

Obviously there could be some special deal in place that would except Verum Rex and It's characters from this rule.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
All I'm hoping for is:

- That Sora and Riku continue to be the series' original character leads. No voice actor changes. SDG stay, too.
- That all the games released will be intended / available for the PS console at first release. No more side games and console spread.
- As little DLC as possible.
- The Disney worlds continue to be huge. More water worlds. Flowmotion stays. TP&TF and Treasure Planet finally get worlds.
- No Star Wars, Marvel, FOX, etc.
- Final Fantasy characters come back.
- They do a little more with Maleficent.

I have other hopes (like Disney being relevant again), but they would be pipe dreams, so I tried to stay within the realm of "possible." Although even a few of the above may not be, I suppose.

Last edited:

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Sora to be implemented in Disney parks. Not in some once a year event at a specific time, but recurring. Alas, a fool's dream.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Not bother with Nomura's metaphysical bullshit & tell its own (more comprehensible) lore.

Back