• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Lit ► What Are You Reading?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumine

When your Mask falls, what will you see.
Awards
Finished reading Angels & Demons by Dan Brown, I thought it was a good book, not a great one, but nonetheless an entertaining and thought inducing read.

I will start reading Sand and Foam by Khalil Gobran <3 next~

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Makes me want to get into the television show, at least.
whatdoyoumeanyouarentintotheshowyetwhatonearthiswrongwithyou

Picked up Kim Stanley Robinson's 2312. Not sure what to make of it yet but it looks like it's going to be filled with awesome setpieces. A city-on-tracks around Mercury's equater that is pushed along as intense sunlight heats up and expands the metal rails behind the city and stuff.

Nov

Awards
Reading A Feast for Crows by George R.R. Martin and The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald at the moment.

I've been reading Martin's books for more than 6 months already. I love the books but school likes to keep me busy. I decided to start The Great Gatsby as well as it has been lying on my bookshelf for quite some time now and I wanted to read something different for a change.

Shawty

Awards
Reading A Feast for Crows by George R.R. Martin and The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald at the moment.

I've been reading Martin's books for more than 6 months already. I love the books but school likes to keep me busy. I decided to start The Great Gatsby as well as it has been lying on my bookshelf for quite some time now and I wanted to read something different for a change.

I've wanted to read The Great Gatsby for such a long time now but I never really get to it.
I also really have to start reading Looking For Alaska by John Green. I've heard John Green books are amazing so that's definitely going to happen as soon as I finish the Pretty Little Liars books. I'm currently on the second book and there are like 8 or 9 of them.. I have a lot of reading to do!

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
Two and a half years since anyone read some books? For shame, the rest of you. Guess I'll have to step back in and renew an interest in all this. We made it almost 200 pages somehow, after all.
I just restarted Tolkien's Lord of the Rings. It's been almost a decade since I've read it, and with all of the comparisons and arguments between it and Martin's ASoIaF I figured that I may as well be up to date and accurate here. Also it will give me an excuse to reread The Silmarillion so no complaints here.

Post what you're reading, y'all. This has been going too well to die.

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
Oh wow, two and a half years? I've been back on a Murakami spree lately (which I think is the case every time I post in this thread). Late last night I finished his collection of shorts, The Elephant Vanishes. At least on a first reading, it didn't capture me like his other collection, Blind Willow, Sleeping Woman, but the titular short story "The Elephant Vanishes" is one of my favorite pieces by him.

I've been picking up a lot of good books and just not getting through them, and I'm not sure why, but I am determined to sit down and read Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke. It comes highly recommended.

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
Oh wow, two and a half years? I've been back on a Murakami spree lately (which I think is the case every time I post in this thread). Late last night I finished his collection of shorts, The Elephant Vanishes. At least on a first reading, it didn't capture me like his other collection, Blind Willow, Sleeping Woman, but the titular short story "The Elephant Vanishes" is one of my favorite pieces by him.

It's good to see that you're still (actively) around, Hidden.

How is Murakami? I've been meaning to pick something up, but the responses range from 'best ever' to 'meme writer' to 'garbage'. Should I grab Blind Willow, Sleep Women if I do decide to check it out?

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
Pelafina said:
Two and a half years since anyone read some books?
Just now figured out why that happened: a new thread was made and stickied in April 2013. Its latest post is August 13, 2015.

It's good to see that you're still (actively) around, Hidden.
Likewise. I'm more or less active, though I've been switching around sections. I mostly post in Roleplaying now.

Pelafina said:
How is Murakami? I've been meaning to pick something up, but the responses range from 'best ever' to 'meme writer' to 'garbage'. Should I grab Blind Willow, Sleep Women if I do decide to check it out?
I am of the 'best ever' camp, though I've read enough Murakami now to understand 'meme writer' as well--he definitely has his own memes that recur throughout his stories. (Ordeith recently brought to my attention that he is very partial to the mundane-threshold age of 20.) I think "Blind Willow, Sleeping Woman" is a very good introduction to his work--even after reading a few novels and another collection of shorts, many of its stories still feel "fresh" to me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back