• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What are your concerns with 2.5?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Weird... I could've sworn he said almost the exact words "I think this belongs to you". Now I'm wondering where I got that from. D:
I stand corrected then.

Novels xD He said that in the novels~

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Novels xD He said that in the novels~

So I'm mentally mixing up canon information only canon in one form of related media but not the other? Only good things can come from this. (⊙ヮ⊙)

Speaking of mix ups, since it was brought up, wasn't Goofy's "his majesty" line due to a gender neutral word being involved so the translation team just guessed at who he was talking about?

*rusty*

Gram

Banned
Awards
Speaking of mix ups, since it was brought up, wasn't Goofy's "his majesty" line due to a gender neutral word being involved so the translation team just guessed at who he was talking about?

*rusty*
Yes, the last I remember hearing anything of it. I forgot what thread it was though it was a long time ago.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I wish they would allow you to gain experience in the Coliseum in KHII FM like you were able to in KH.

Ahh same here. I really missed gaining experience in the Coliseums and wished it stayed the same like in KH.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Was there any reasoning given for not having that feature for KHII?

I had assumed that, because Sora and gang are in the Underworld, there are certain restrictions to their strengths like being unable to use Drive Forms.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

*rusty*

Exactly, in Japan there are no gender-specific pronouns (if I recall correctly) and therefore the translators for KH 2 just guessed that it was Mickey who banished Pete and therefore went with "his Majesty". Well, they guessed wrong obviously. :p

This^ and tech points. Oh man how I miss the tech points. TnT

Oh yeess, the tech points are one of the features they dropped from KH 1 I wanted to see back in the series already several times.
Not only adds it a more tactical element to the battles (I remember using the Ice Titan for grinding before I was confident to defeat Sephiroth (18.000 EXP) over and over, keeping to deflect those icicles to accumulate Techpoint EXP), it's also a sort of "reward" when the player blocks or counters effectively.

Was there any reasoning given for not having that feature for KHII?
I guess they disabled it so the tournaments cannot be used for excessive grinding, they probably wanted you to go to the worlds to grind.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Exactly, in Japan there are no gender-specific pronouns (if I recall correctly)

I believe there are actually gender-specific pronouns, but some of them can be unisex/gender-ambiguous. I believe this might be a case of gender ambiguity.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I believe there are actually gender-specific pronouns, but some of them can be unisex/gender-ambiguous. I believe this might be a case of gender ambiguity.

That might also be it and would in the end amount to the same result concerning that statement from Goofy. The english translators simply went with the default expression of using the male variant and imply King Mickey to be the one who did it. To be fair to them, at the time this was made we had only KH 1 and CoM, where Minnie didn't look like she would be very involved in government politics on her own.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Oh yeess, the tech points are one of the features they dropped from KH 1 I wanted to see back in the series already several times.
Not only adds it a more tactical element to the battles (I remember using the Ice Titan for grinding before I was confident to defeat Sephiroth (18.000 EXP) over and over, keeping to deflect those icicles to accumulate Techpoint EXP), it's also a sort of "reward" when the player blocks or counters effectively.
lol I used to do that to though I never beat kh1 sephiroth. I'd also use that strategy to pick off Fire Bandit heartless as well.

It certainly felt rewarding, especially when it was a rikunort (or any boss really) attack you blocked.

A bit on topic but one concern for 2.5 is DDD. I wonder if they'll add it in some way and if they do how they'll go about it. I dont think they could do to it what they done with days.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
A bit on topic but one concern for 2.5 is DDD. I wonder if they'll add it in some way and if they do how they'll go about it. I dont think they could do to it what they done with days.

At this point, I'm pretty sure DDD won't be in 2.5 but I think it has a better chance of being included on the disc with KH3. Similar to how FFXIII-2 had FFXIII recapped on the disc, KH3 would do that with DDD. I doubt there would be a movie, just some clips here and there to largely go with text. It would solve the whole problem of next year still being to close to DDD's original release last year and it would catch everyone up completely on KH3 while simultaneously giving them the moment RIGHT before KH3 happens right before they start it.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
If they do, they also need to fix the fact that Goofy says "his majesty" banished Pete, when in BBS its shown Minnie does it :/ The error will be even more apparent in the collection where you play one right after the other as well.

They need to fix the other parts of that scene to, like Donald and goofy not recognizing Yen Sid's tower despite being there in bbs.

I agree with you guys. I just played this part in KH2 a few days ago and it really bugged me. :p

I really miss the tech points. I especially liked how you got some for smacking Darkside in the head with the Keyblade. xD

Gram

Banned
Awards
At this point, I'm pretty sure DDD won't be in 2.5 but I think it has a better chance of being included on the disc with KH3. Similar to how FFXIII-2 had FFXIII recapped on the disc, KH3 would do that with DDD. I doubt there would be a movie, just some clips here and there to largely go with text. It would solve the whole problem of next year still being to close to DDD's original release last year and it would catch everyone up completely on KH3 while simultaneously giving them the moment RIGHT before KH3 happens right before they start it.
That's an excellent idea actually, it'd shave waiting time as well since they won't have to give DDD a days treatment.

Sorakh212

Awards
Wow there's definitely a lot to think about after reading all the posts in this thread. Most of what I had concerns about have been discussed already like the porting issues, color changes what with enemies like the Unversed and certain shading, and especially the HUD system. Although with that last one I am curious to know what the series will be like going forward and with the potential 2.5 remake of BBS to see if they stick with the whole command deck system or if they plan on making it a lot like KH2. I personally prefer how they did things with KH1/2 because quite frankly I never did particularly care for the whole command deck or the stupid card system in CoM. I mean don't get me wrong they most certainly served their purposes with the handheld titles like BBS and DDD, but I just can't imagine them implementing it back in either KH3 or a BBS remake on the PS3. Only time will tell I suppose.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
Wow there's definitely a lot to think about after reading all the posts in this thread. Most of what I had concerns about have been discussed already like the porting issues, color changes what with enemies like the Unversed and certain shading, and especially the HUD system. Although with that last one I am curious to know what the series will be like going forward and with the potential 2.5 remake of BBS to see if they stick with the whole command deck system or if they plan on making it a lot like KH2. I personally prefer how they did things with KH1/2 because quite frankly I never did particularly care for the whole command deck or the stupid card system in CoM. I mean don't get me wrong they most certainly served their purposes with the handheld titles like BBS and DDD, but I just can't imagine them implementing it back in either KH3 or a BBS remake on the PS3. Only time will tell I suppose.

They won't do that. The BBS gameplay is also very popular from what I've come to understand, so there is no reason to change anything.

Got_it_Memorized

Awards
Hoping for Voiced FM Scenes!!!

Also I think it would be a good idea to put all the DDD scenes in 2.5. Just another Theatre Mode since the whole game was voiced anyway.
Would be a great way to bring that story to people without a 3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back