• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What "Birth By Sleep" could have meant

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
After completing KH3D this week I was thinking about how I would taken the plot. Today I had interesting idea on what Ansem the Wise could have meant when he spoke of "Birth By Sleep" and how I would have incorporated that idea into the plot.

As we know in KH3D Sora falls into the darkness of sleep because of the pain he felt as he chased the people tied to his heart in the dream set up by Xigbar and YMX.

This led me to my idea. I think the course I would have taken is for Sora to experience the pain of Roxas, Xion, Namine, and Ventus in his dream and as a result his heart would fall deeper and deeper into the darkness of sleep. Normally a heart wouldn't be able to survive the darkness in this deepest sleep and would most likely be trapped there forever or turn into a heartless or something. But thanks to the strength of those he is connected to, Sora's heart would be able to plunge into the very core of this dark abyss of sleep and there at the deepest point he would find a small light shining in the distance: The light of Kingdom Heart. By reaching out and touching this light he would gain the power to restore Roxas, Xion and due to his ties to Kairi, Namine as well. This would also heal Ventus' heart completely, leaving only his body to be found so heart and body can be united again in KH3.

The idea is that by allowing your heart to fall into the deepest darkness of sleep, your heart, if you have the strength to survive this dive, can reach out to the faint light of KH which is hidden in the deepest darkness of the dark realm. And because of this small contact between your heart and KH certain amazing things can happen: Like sleeping hearts that no longer have their own existence being granted their own seperate existence, and damaged hearts being healed.

Hence "Birth By Sleep" would mean Sora's heart falling into such a deep darkness of sleep that he can reach out to the faint light of KH which also hides in a deep darkness, and through this contact Sora's desire to see Roxas, Xion, and Namine gain their own seperate existences would be fufilled. Ansem believed only Sora's heart could do this because he has touched and connected to so many other hearts and those connected hearts have become the source of his special power. As Sora says "My friends are my power."
--------------------------------------------------

This could also work with Xehanort and his various form but in a different. When XH and Xemnas were destroyed they could have come together to reform MX in the darkness of sleep. However because of MX's superior control and mastery over darkness, he would be able to survive diving into it's deepest core and also reach out to KH there to give XH and Xemnas their own seperate existences while also seperating and restoring MX and Terra but with MX's influences keeping Terra under his control regardless of their seperation.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This idea would have incoporated many important themes from the seires. Such as "A light in the darkness", Sora's "My friends are my power", and Sora and MX doing similar things but for completely opposite reasons and using opposite ways to achieve, as we have seen through out the series (Examples: Both of them creating a heartless and nobody, both having nobodies who have their own minds, both connecting to other people's hearts but for completely different reasons and intentions, ect.)

Not to mention it eliminates the need for that complex and random time travel concept.

So would you guys have rather seen something like the idea I just described to have been the way they took things in KH3D and KH3?

Unumus

Awards
Yes. I really like this idea more than the time travel thing that shouldnt have even happened IMO. It's so very confusing. >.<

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Or Ventus sleeping caused a chain-reaction leading to Sora's birth as the Keyblade hero, Roxas's and Xion's birth, and Sora sleeping almost made way for the thirteenth Xehanort's birth.

That's just what I interpreted.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Or Ventus sleeping caused a chain-reaction leading to Sora's birth as the Keyblade hero, Roxas's and Xion's birth, and Sora sleeping almost made way for the thirteenth Xehanort's birth.

That's just what I interpreted.

But Ansem the Wise said "So many are still waiting for their new birth. Their Birth by Sleep" and he was mainly talking about Roxas, Xion, and Namine. Since that scene takes place after KH2 we know it has to refer to their return in KH3. I was merely suggesting an alternate way of how they could have done it and how it could have been used to eliminate the need for time travel to gather a bunch of Xehanorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back