• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What character(s) would you like to see playable?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

welken

Awards
To me, being able to swap to Donald and Goofy mid-battle in a main KH game would be perfect. I like the idea of them acquiring a variety of weapons over the game too, like a silly shotgun or axe for Donald and a long staff for Goofy. I also like the idea of Goofy as a physical fighter with insane kicks and wacky kung fu animations. He's such a wacky guy, and there's a lot more you can do with him animation-wise than crouched behind a shield. I want to see Donald in steaming berserker rage mode too. On the topic of weapon variation, Sora's magic chainsaw concept deserves to realized, even if just as a missable keychain.

I like the idea of playing as Axel as part of the story. He's flexible and stylish, and I'd love to see a fleshed-out pyromancer moveset. Wheels are a cool motif too. Who else could surround you with a grinding inferno of interlocked flame wheels. There's something about Axel.
I love anti-form and final form, so characters who could embody fluid darkness and lightness would be perfect.
For dark, It would be sick to see Riku embrace a more ferocious style with creative and strange dark magic blooming off of him. Sure Vanitas, Xehanort and others could demonstrate this, but I want to see Riku take it there. I wouldn't mind Ansem. He's elegant, like a pirate king, and can float. But it would have to be some alternate worldline deal where's he's a full person with a different backstory, otherwise it's just too dry. Of course Axel brings a spicy goth energy too. He's trickster & emo. Isa would look cool in ornate Tetsuya Nomura berserker armor. Maleficent would be epic to play as, whether she just slinks around like usual and weaves insane spells around her, or busts out Bayonetta acrobatics. Playing as Sephiroth would be transcendent just for the sake of it.

For a light touch, I've always wanted Naminé to get her own game since Chain on GBA. I imagine she'd use strange magical tools that allow her some distance, like a baton or a spinning top. She'd be the right sort of character to defend herself with little spirits that orbit her. As for her memory powers, maybe she can expand that to unraveling reality, or interacting with the heartless (or what have you) on a deeper level that "solves" them and neutralizes the aggresion, if not their existence. OR, now that I think of it, Naminé is an artist, so some element of creation and aesthetic choice is essential. That would really embody light, a character who bursts with a cornucopia of color and texure. Magic that takes wild forms. Of course... this is also basically a disconnected fantasy too, maybe too much to ask from Naminé.

I like the idea of Sora exploring magic on a deeper level, consciously honing his dark form and developing grander drives. But he needs a more hands-on sensei than Yen Sid. A new character, probably. It seems oddly late in the game, and maybe redundant to some after 3D and BBS, but a mentoring arc in KH sounds beautiful to me. Sora and friends deserve an adult around who really knows what's going on and can tell it to them straight, and who's along for the ride.

Last edited:
Back