• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What character(s) would you like to see playable?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Hey everyone! Recently I've been thinking about which (currently non-playable) characters should be made playable in future installments! I would really like to see Axel as a playable main character at some point, maybe alongside Roxas and Xion. I miss the sea salt trio.

We got a small taste of playing Axel in Re:Mind, and I think they could do some really neat stuff with him.

legacier

Awards
My #1 choice would be Yozora. Other than that I've always wanted to play as Xehanort, which I guess we'll finally get in Dark Road (if it ever comes out...), but that's obviously not what I had in mind.

Aaand it would also be cool to play as a Foreteller. It doesn't even matter which one, I think it would be fun no matter what. Although I doubt it'll actually happen.

Grey Skies

Awards
I'm somewhat satisfied with what characters have been playable in the series. Since the original game, only Re:Coded (and maybe Coded) have had the player control Sora exclusively, unless you count Olympus Coliseum in Re:Coded, but I don't count that.

I'd like to play as Xion, Kairi, and Isa. The first two are no-brainers. They're main characters that have barely been playable so far. My thoughts on Isa are that he has boatloads of potential character development and could be a very interesting protagonist or a supporting character with a few gameplay segments.

I might like Naminé to be playable, but I doubt Square Enix or Nomura are willing to make a KH game in a genre that doesn't have fighting.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I want to play as everyone! Since Kairi, Riku, Aqua, and Roxas were already playable I won't elaborate on them too much, I'll just say I'd love to play as them again, especially Roxas and Kairi.

Terra: If they combined his Terranort and Lingering Will moveset into a playable character I feel he'd be really fun to play as. I was one of the few who didn't mind his gamestyle in BBS and would certainly like to see the big guy get another turn being playable. Terra could be a real fun character in unreal engine.

Xion: Now that they've given her a real moveset this is a character I'm salivating to play as. Like Terra, combined her superboss abilities with her miming enemy/ally powers and she could be a really fun to play. Give me that laser Strike Raid spammer!

Axel: I said this in another thread but Axel strikes me as a Mystic Knight fighter. That would be really cool if they actually made that his combat style going forward while mixing his old weapons too.

Ventus: Once Ven regains some memories it would be cool if he immediately learns some new tricks unique only to him. Since he's also a light without darkness maybe he could be a male equivalent of Kairi with light based powers. Could be cool.

Isa: His Claymore is kinda like a Keyblade? I'm almost certain he'll get one, but a segment or two with him might be fun. I don't know if he'd be chosen to be playable though.

I won't go into other characters that could be playable because most of them will likely be adversaries in the next series of games. The only one I could see who's not a main character...yet, be playable is Yozora.

I want to play as everyone! Since Kairi, Riku, Aqua, and Roxas were already playable I won't elaborate on them too much, I'll just say I'd love to play as them again, especially Roxas and Kairi.

Terra: If they combined his Terranort and Lingering Will moveset into a playable character I feel he'd be really fun to play as. I was one of the few who didn't mind his gamestyle in BBS and would certainly like to see the big guy get another turn being playable. Terra could be a real fun character in unreal engine.

Xion: Now that they've given her a real moveset this is a character I'm salivating to play as. Like Terra, combined her superboss abilities with her miming enemy/ally powers and she could be a really fun to play. Give me that laser Strike Raid spammer!

Axel: I said this in another thread but Axel strikes me as a Mystic Knight fighter. That would be really cool if they actually made that his combat style going forward while mixing his old weapons too.

Ventus: Once Ven regains some memories it would be cool if he immediately learns some new tricks unique only to him. Since he's also a light without darkness maybe he could be a male equivalent of Kairi with light based powers. Could be cool.

Isa: His Claymore is kinda like a Keyblade? I'm almost certain he'll get one, but a segment or two with him might be fun. I don't know if he'd be chosen to be playable though.

I won't go into other characters that could be playable because most of them will likely be adversaries in the next series of games. The only one I could see who's not a main character...yet, be playable is Yozora.
Love all the Sea Salt trio appreciation in this thread. Hopefully Square listens to the fans and gives us Xion as a playable main character.

I agree with you on Terra and Ventus as well. I wonder if we'll be seeing more of the BBS squad as main characters in the future. They're pretty popular, though Aqua has most of the spotlight.

And it'll be interesting to see if Isa gets a keyblade and if he'll ever be playable. It isn't something I've considered before.

My #1 choice would be Yozora. Other than that I've always wanted to play as Xehanort, which I guess we'll finally get in Dark Road (if it ever comes out...), but that's obviously not what I had in mind.

Aaand it would also be cool to play as a Foreteller. It doesn't even matter which one, I think it would be fun no matter what. Although I doubt it'll actually happen.
Bit bummed that Dark Road is another mobile game. Never got into Unchained/Union X. I was really stoked when they announced a Xehanort game.

I'm a bit confused as far as Nomura's plans for Yozora. I guess we'll see what happens going forward.

I definitely want Isa. I'd prefer it if he didn't get a Keyblade, it would be nice to play with someone that didn't have one outside of Days Mission Mode, but I'd take him even with a Keyblade if he kept the Berserk Mode. And they could do some fun stuff with playable Xion as well.
[/QUOTE
I'm somewhat satisfied with what characters have been playable in the series. Since the original game, only Re:Coded (and maybe Coded) have had the player control Sora exclusively, unless you count Olympus Coliseum in Re:Coded, but I don't count that.

I'd like to play as Xion, Kairi, and Isa. The first two are no-brainers. They're main characters that have barely been playable so far. My thoughts on Isa are that he has boatloads of potential character development and could be a very interesting protagonist or a supporting character with a few gameplay segments.

I might like Naminé to be playable, but I doubt Square Enix or Nomura are willing to make a KH game in a genre that doesn't have fighting.
Playable Namine would be interesting. Maybe a Kairi/Namine teamup? With Kairi doing most of the fighting.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Love all the Sea Salt trio appreciation in this thread. Hopefully Square listens to the fans and gives us Xion as a playable main character.

I agree with you on Terra and Ventus as well. I wonder if we'll be seeing more of the BBS squad as main characters in the future. They're pretty popular, though Aqua has most of the spotlight.

And it'll be interesting to see if Isa gets a keyblade and if he'll ever be playable. It isn't something I've considered before.
I'm 90% certain Isa will get a Keyblade. Mainly because I believe Subject X will be a Keyblade wielder. If both Lea and Subject X have them, then I suspect he will to. Even if I would prefer the Claymore.

I definitely want Isa. I'd prefer it if he didn't get a Keyblade, it would be nice to play with someone that didn't have one outside of Days Mission Mode, but I'd take him even with a Keyblade if he kept the Berserk Mode. And they could do some fun stuff with playable Xion as well.
Being on the other side of Berserk would be great. It's annoying to deal with when you're fighting him but it would be a blast to play yourself.

I'm 90% certain Isa will get a Keyblade. Mainly because I believe Subject X will be a Keyblade wielder. If both Lea and Subject X have them, then I suspect he will to. Even if I would prefer the Claymore.
Either way, I think his fighting style could remain the same as it is with Claymore. Axel still throws his keyblade like a chakram.

D

Deleted member 252753

I would like to play as loads of characters like Xion and Isa but also some of the Foretellers and Union Leaders like:

Invi: Back Cover showed her to be a powerful magic user and I would like to use some cool spells.

Gula: He seems so bulky and slow, so I would like to see how he would fare against quick enemies.

Brain: I can't imagine how he would fight but would like to see it incorporate his cleverness somehow.

The Master of Masters: Mostly just to see his Keyblade!

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I've had crazy ideas for a Vanitas game for a decade now. More specifically, a party of Vanitas, Maleficent, and Pete. Vanitas is obviously the evil Sora, Maleficent is a mage like Donald, and Pete with his forcefield countered Goofy's shields. In other words, the three of them would be a dark mirror to SDG. And if the theories about "Darkness" are correct, then Vanitas and Maleficent working together won't be so far fetched.

I even had gameplay ideas in mind for how to create the feeling of being a bad guy. The villain party could summon swarms of minions as their form of summons and have transform into a "final boss form" when they take enough damage.

-Vanitas
Base Minions: Flood
2nd tier: Scrappers
3rd tier: Bruisers

1st Boss Form: Remnant mode
2nd form: summon giant Unverse (the counterpart to Darkside and Twilight Thorn)
3rd form: Chimera (a Frankenstein of Vanitas and various unverse body parts into an eldritch horror)

-Maleficent
T1: melee goons
T2: Bow goons
T3: Neoshadows

1st form: Dragon
2nd form: Dragon/Witch hybrid

-Pete
T1: Weasel Knights from "Prince and the Pauper"
T2: Beagle Boys
T3: Soldier heartless

1st form: Steamboat Willie (shoots fireballs from smokestacks)
2nd form: Julius (might require some retconning)

Other Disney villains that join have their own boss forms and minions (IE Jafar becomes a Genie or Hook summons pirates)

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Feasibly possible: Riku, Aqua. (Although they've both been playable before.)
Never happening, but I wish it could: Isa, Namine.

I wouldn’t mind playing as Roxas (again) or Lea if it meant Isa, Namine, and Hayner would have a sizable role.

I've had crazy ideas for a Vanitas game for a decade now. More specifically, a party of Vanitas, Maleficent, and Pete. Vanitas is obviously the evil Sora, Maleficent is a mage like Donald, and Pete with his forcefield countered Goofy's shields. In other words, the three of them would be a dark mirror to SDG. And if the theories about "Darkness" are correct, then Vanitas and Maleficent working together won't be so far fetched.

I even had gameplay ideas in mind for how to create the feeling of being a bad guy. The villain party could summon swarms of minions as their form of summons and have transform into a "final boss form" when they take enough damage.

-Vanitas
Base Minions: Flood
2nd tier: Scrappers
3rd tier: Bruisers

1st Boss Form: Remnant mode
2nd form: summon giant Unverse (the counterpart to Darkside and Twilight Thorn)
3rd form: Chimera (a Frankenstein of Vanitas and various unverse body parts into an eldritch horror)

-Maleficent
T1: melee goons
T2: Bow goons
T3: Neoshadows

1st form: Dragon
2nd form: Dragon/Witch hybrid

-Pete
T1: Weasel Knights from "Prince and the Pauper"
T2: Beagle Boys
T3: Soldier heartless

1st form: Steamboat Willie (shoots fireballs from smokestacks)
2nd form: Julius (might require some retconning)

Other Disney villains that join have their own boss forms and minions (IE Jafar becomes a Genie or Hook summons pirates)
That's interesting! I wonder if Square would ever consider a villain game like that. Would they be fighting against the protagonists of the other games?

I've always loved Disney villains so being able to side with them in a KH game would be a blast.

Feasibly possible: Riku, Aqua. (Although they've both been playable before.)
Never happening, but I wish it could: Isa, Namine.

I wouldn’t mind playing as Roxas (again) or Lea if it meant Isa, Namine, and Hayner would have a sizable role.
A Roxas game seems pretty likely considering what a fan favorite he is. And I'm sure Lea, Xion, Isa and the Twilight Town gang would feature. Playable Isa does seem a bit less likely.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
That's interesting! I wonder if Square would ever consider a villain game like that. Would they be fighting against the protagonists of the other games?

I've always loved Disney villains so being able to side with them in a KH game would be a blast.
The bigger question is would the Disney heroes be bosses? :p In the Design a Boss thread (https://www.khinsider.com/forums/index.php?threads/design-a-kh-boss-battle.221905/) I detailed a bunch of Disney heroes bossfights for Vanitas' game. Most of them would probably never happen.

Aside from that, the scenario in my head still has heartless as the common enemies. At the beginning of the game some external force has taken control of the heartless away from Maleficent & every other villain. Later on it is revealed to have been the Horned King using the magic of the Black Cauldron to control the heartless. It is only when he's defeated near the end of the game that the party members unlock their final tier minion summon & get heartless of their own.

Additionally, I envisioned worlds having local forces that fight on the side of good that Vanitas & friends clash with. You know what, let me do the world by world run down to give a better ida:

1. Radiant Garden
Party member: Kuja
-Tier 1 Minions: The Black Mages
-Tier 2 Minions: Mage type heartless
-1st Boss form: Riding on Silver Dragon
-2nd boss form: Trance
Enemies: Radiant Garden SeeDs (founded after KH2 to replace the compromised defense system)
Bosses: Dilian+Aelous, Leon+Shiva, Lea+Kairi (2nd visit)

2. Olympus
Party: Hades
-T1: Ghostly Centurians (yes, I know those are Roman not greek, the name sounds cooler)
-T2: Air Soldiers (KH3 version)
-1st: Red Flames Berserk Mode
-2nd: Paradox (green flames, merges with the river Styx & has ghostly souls swarming his body which he uses as projectiles)
Enemies: Spartans (appeared in the tv series)
Bosses: Roxas+Hercules, Zeus

3. Neverland
Party: Captain Hook
-T1: Pirates
-T2: Anchor Raiders
-1st: Achieves flight with stolen pixie dust
-2nd: His ship flies & bombards with its cannons
Enemies: Lost Boys
Boss: Peter Pan, Aqua

4. Agrabah
Party: Jafar
-T1: Mamluks (minions of another villain from tv series)
-T2: Luna Bandits
-1st: Snake
-2nd: Genie
Enemies: Palace Guards
Bosses: Genie, Aladdin on Carpet, Riku

5. Land of Dragons
Party: Shun Yu
-T1: Huns
-T2: Assault Raiders
-1st: Horseback
-2nd: Darkness Infusion
Enemies: Chinese Army
Bosses: Captain Shang, Mulan with Mushu

6. Castle Wyvern
Party: Xanatos
-T1: Steel Clan
-T2: Gargoyle heartless
-1st: Battle Armor
-2nd: tag team with Fox
Enemies: Wyvern Clan (there's a lot more of them in this version)
Bosses: Goliath

7. Arendelle
Party: Xahns (nobody of Hans)
-T1: Dusks
-T2: Snipers
-1st: Metal Mastery (his nobody element is metal & summons a dozen floating swords Noctis style)
-2nd: Summons Skoll
Enemies: Arendelle Army
Bosses: Marshmellow, Terra+Even (random team-up I know), Elsa

Yeah, World 7 ain't gonna happen.

8. Prydain
Party: Sora (uneasy alliance to take down Horned King)
-T1: Spirit Dream Eaters
-1st: Final Form
Enemies: just heartless
Bosses: Horned King, Phantom Horned King

9. Disney Town/Castle (finale to Maleficent's arc)
Party: Kuja, Hook, Hades, Xanatos, Jafar, Xahns, Shun Yu
Enemies: Musketeers, Gummidrones, Broomsticks, Painted Blotlings
Bosses: Terra, Riku, Aqua, Kairi, Roxas+Xion+Lea, Mickey, Sorcerer Mickey

Maleficent's arc ends with a full scale invasion of Disney Town. The Cornerstone of Light prevents heartless so all of her allies & their respective troops launch an assault from Hook's ship. There's a sort of reprisal of KH3's org battles in which Vanitas goes to different parts of town & helps a different guest member at each one overcome a keyblade wielder. With the guardians falling back, Mickey orders a complete evacuation of the world, using the fleet of Sora's unlocked gummiships to get all of the town people out. Traverse Town ends up becoming the new home of the DT refugees, giving reason for that world to appear in future games. The Cornerstone is destroyed, Maleficent finally has her new castle & it's Datascape at her beck & call.

10. (Finale to Vanitas's arc)
Bosses: Ventus, Sora+Donald+Goofy

OK, so I don't really have much ideas for just what exactly Vanitas story/endgame in this whole theoretical game actually is. Even less now than a decade ago. But it's only fitting that Ven & Sora be his final bosses.

Back