• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What characters do you want playable in Birth by Sleep, volume 2?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

What characters do you want playable in BBS V.2?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sora364

Inactive until DDD NA Release.
Awards
Anyways...Nah, We need a Kairi scenario. She needs to be playable, I want to see how strong she really is. I'm getting a bit tired of making fun of her without really knowing how she is.

That is the problem. BBS. Vol.2 takes place between the end of Birth By Sleep and the beginning of Kingdom Hearts 1 (taking into account this is indeed the "Mystery Game", although I feel that is undisputed at this point.)

Kairi has no battle experience whatsoever. In the thread I pulled my last quote from, we discussed Kairi. If it comes to a little platforming and puzzle solving, then I am sure it can be executed. But from a combat perspective...unless Kairi has been intentionally useless from KH1 up to KH2...I just do not see it happening.

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
That is the problem. BBS. Vol.2 takes place between the end of Birth By Sleep and the beginning of Kingdom Hearts 1 (taking into account this is indeed the "Mystery Game", although I feel that is undisputed at this point.)

Kairi has no battle experience whatsoever. In the thread I pulled my last quote from, we discussed Kairi. If it comes to a little platforming and puzzle solving, then I am sure it can be executed. But from a combat perspective...unless Kairi has been intentionally useless from KH1 up to KH2...I just do not see it happening.

Yeah.. I know she doesn't have any battle experience... But if there was a game with KH, I would play her, because it would be nice to see her become stronger and a good fighter than to see her be the DID.

sora364

Awards
Haha. Trust me, I would like to see Aqua's Successor show some spunk on the battlefield too. I prefer to believe that Nomura had Aqua yield the Rite of Succession to Kairi for a valid reason (other filling up a certain plot hole in Kingdom Hearts II.) ...There has to be some plot signficance in the future. Hopefully Kingdom Hearts III makes her a little less "useless." Maybe Aqua can train her if Sora manages to save her in 3DS 8D. I would like that.

If Terra's successor (Riku) and his pseudo successor (Sora) can get in on the action-I don't see why Kairi cannot either.

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
Haha. Trust me, I would like to see Aqua's Successor show some spunk on the battlefield too. I prefer to believe that Nomura had Aqua yield the Rite of Succession to Kairi for a valid reason (other filling up a certain plot hole in Kingdom Hearts II.) ...There has to be some plot signficance in the future. Hopefully Kingdom Hearts III makes her a little less "useless." Maybe Aqua can train her if Sora manages to save her in 3DS 8D. I would like that.

If Terra's successor (Riku) and his pseudo successor (Sora) can get in on the action-I don't see why Kairi cannot either.

So true. Be nice to see her like that. BTW, did Kairi become a keyblade master because of Aqua? She got a Keyblade from Riku that he found, that Aqua yield. I always been wondering about that. You said she didn't do it for a reason, but then how did she get to use the keyblade?

sora364

Awards
So true. Be nice to see her like that. BTW, did Kairi become a keyblade master because of Aqua? She got a Keyblade from Riku that he found, that Aqua yield. I always been wondering about that.

Yes, Kairi can wield a Keyblade as a result of Aqua's inadvertent bequeathing her the ability to do so. How Riku even knew Kairi could yield a Keyblade in the first place is beyond me. Why was it the Destiny's Embrace? Also beyond me. Maybe someone else can clear that up. All I can go on is this quote...which doesn't help much.

"There isn't necessarily one Keyblade for the dark side and one for the light side, just as many as there exist people with qualified hearts. Concerning the conditions to wield one, at this stage, 'those with strong hearts' is the only obvious one. However, less obvious conditions still exist and there are still plans for an opportunity to reveal those. Riku's 'Way to the Dawn' and Destiny's Embrace are naturally the same type of Keyblade as Sora's. However there is no particular explanation for the Soul Eater's transfer and occurrence, as well as Riku's handing it to Kairi. When there isn't a normal process of acquisition, I think it's okay to think there is some deeper meaning there."

Makes me wonder if that was in fact Aqua's original which she received from Kairi or rather another nuance of it.

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
Yes, Kairi can wield a Keyblade as a result of Aqua's inadvertent bequeathing her the ability to do so. How Riku even knew Kairi could yield a Keyblade in the first place is beyond me. Why was it the Destiny's Embrace? Also beyond me. Maybe someone else can clear that up.

Makes me wonder if that was in fact Aqua's original which she received from Kairi or rather another nuance of it.

So I was partically right on my theories. Because I saw a scene where Kairi is grabs Aqua's Keyblade when she's hiding behind her from the Unversed. and when I saw the keyblade that was given to Aqua, I was like... ah! xD

We can keep coming up with theories, but we'll never know until a game comes with the answer. You know how Nomura is, he taunts and taunts with secrets. He prob is at his house, laughing his ass off, reading our theories, saying, "BWAHAHAHA! Keep going my pretties! You'll never figure it out! I'm the only one that has the answers, and you'll keep buying my games to figure it out, and you'll never see it! BWHAHAHAHA!"

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
So I was partically right on my theories. Because I saw a scene where Kairi is grabs Aqua's Keyblade when she's hiding behind her from the Unversed. and when I saw the keyblade that was given to Aqua, I was like... ah! xD

I still question what kind of child would run up to a person and grab their weapon instead of hiding behind them. I found that part of the scene quite odd.

Also, the "I picked you some flowers. Thanks for saving me!" bit. Kairi, I'm pretty sure I saw those flowers in your hand before you met Aqua ._.

I'm actually amongst those who believe that the Destiny's Embrace Riku summoned belonged to Xehanort. Why it took on that form is simple enough; DE is based upon the memories of Kairi, of which both Riku and Aqua shared.

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
lol, right. It's a game, games have some weird things that are obvious but hey, we can't do crap. xD

That is a good theory, but it's Riku that gave it to her. I know he was Ansem for a bit, but that was something that happened when he used the darkness to fight right? He wasn't really any of the Xehanort clones.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
lol, right. It's a game, games have some weird things that are obvious but hey, we can't do crap. xD

That is a good theory, but it's Riku that gave it to her. I know he was Ansem for a bit, but that was something that happened when he used the darkness to fight right? He wasn't really any of the Xehanort clones.

Riku was harboring AX's heart at the time, so he did have access to Xehanort's Keyblade. If Sora could summon Ven's Keyblade by harboring his heart, I don't see why Riku can't to Xehanort.

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
Riku was harboring AX's heart at the time, so he did have access to Xehanort's Keyblade. If Sora could summon Ven's Keyblade by harboring his heart, I don't see why Riku can't to Xehanort.

Right! The whole hearts thing going on in the games. Man, I can't imagine having so many hearts in one, non-stop talking going on there.

when did he do that? I never saw Sora using Ven's keyblade?

sora364

Awards
sora never summoned vens keyblade

This is my understanding of it:

1. Due to Xion's death, Roxas' awakens to wield both his Keyblade (Sora's) and the dormant heart which belies his existence (Ven's)

2. Roxas merges with Sora, enabling Sora to wield both his original Keyblade and Ven's.

So in short, Sora inherited it through Roxas. I could be completely wrong though. That is just what I have heard through scampering the forums. Maybe there is an interview somewhere?

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
This is my understanding of it:

1. Due to Xion's death, Roxas' awakens to wield both his Keyblade (Sora's) and the dormant heart which belies his existence (Ven's)

2. Roxas merges with Sora, enabling Sora to wield both his original Keyblade and Ven's.

So in short, Sora inherited it through Roxas. I could be completely wrong though. That is just what I have heard through scampering the forums. Maybe there is an interview somewhere?

I think you mean the ability to use another's keyblade powers. I don't think Ven is the reason why Roxas can dual-wield. It's just because Xion's powers went to Roxas and gave the ability to Roxas, that in return to Sora. Ven prob has a reason in why Sora can even wield a keyblade.

sora364

Awards
I think you mean the ability to use another's keyblade powers. I don't think Ven is the reason why Roxas can dual-wield. It's just because Xion's powers went to Roxas and gave the ability to Roxas, that in return to Sora. Ven prob has a reason in why Sora can even wield a keyblade.

Actually...

Q4: Why can Roxas dual-wield?

A: Because he can use both Sora’s and Ventus’ keyblades. Sora can wield two keyblades at once because he has Ventus’ as well as his own. As Roxas is a part of Sora, he also can use two. In Days Roxas awakened his ability to dual wield after fighting Xion. In KHII once Sora absorbs him, he can also dual-wield.

Yep. From the mouth of the evil mastermind himself. I just salvaged the interview I was looking for.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
Also, the "I picked you some flowers. Thanks for saving me!" bit. Kairi, I'm pretty sure I saw those flowers in your hand before you met Aqua ._.
I think any child would have said that, she probably thought "Hey, I have these flowers in my hand and this blue haired key wielding chick saved me, I can just say I picked them just for her!" or maybe we're analyzing the game a bit too much.

also, is BBS volume 2 a for sure thing? if so, I would thing playing as Aqua would be the most obvious scenario.

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
I think any child would have said that, she probably thought "Hey, I have these flowers in my hand and this blue haired key wielding chick saved me, I can just say I picked them just for her!" or maybe we're analyzing the game a bit too much.

also, is BBS volume 2 a for sure thing? if so, I would thing playing as Aqua would be the most obvious scenario.

We always over analyze video games. If something is not normal, we're gonna be bothering it for a long time. It's in our behaviors as humans to dislike the unperfect. I learned that in a KH game... expect the unexpected and don't overthink things. Though, I still do. xD

It's not, it's just speculation. Just for the fun of it, if there was a KH game out there, what character would you like about it?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Riku's already playable in 3D so having him playable in v2 seems excess. Also if v2 is set entirely in RoD like I hope, I don't think Riku was there for very long. If anything he'd be a guest party member for Mickey.

Last edited:

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
Riku's already playable in 3D so having him playable in v2 seems excess. Also if v2 is set entirely in RoD like I hope, I don'y think Riku was there for very long. If anything he'd be a guest party member for Mickey.

Yup, we need more King Mickey gameplay. He may be tiny, but can pack a punch! :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back