• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What characters do you want to be playable?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
TAV I honestly don't see playing a part in this story, If they do it will be very little. I think they will shine more in DDD2. However, unlocking costumes and stuff would be fun! lol. No I think Sora will be playable through memories or perhaps Sora is dreaming, as he was clearly a sleep before he woke up in Yozoro's world. As for the main canon part of the Game, I think you'll play Riku a bit but most of the time I think you'll actually be playing Kairi probably for the bulk of the canon part of the game.

Well, there are 20 playable characters xD I don't mean the main story but the rhythm game part

PStuder12321

Well, there are 20 playable characters xD I don't mean the main story but the rhythm game part

OOOOOH See I didnt know that part my bad lol. Then yeah All the mean heros, SRK TAV and LeaIsa along with Roxas namine and xion. Also thats only 11. So the King and DG. 14 add in some bad guys, maybe Xehanort, MoM? Or.. wait... thats 14/20... so... MoM and all 5 of the Guardians. Luxu and the 4 he summoned. boom all 6 bad guys? owo? Maybe?

Soldier

Awards
Okay, this is where I'm drawing a line, Demyx HAS to be playable in this freaking game, either in the base game or DLC. I'm willing to shell out ANY amount of money to be able to play as him, as we havent done that since days. He's the perfect fit for this game, and if he isn't added, Nomura comitted a cardinal sin against gaming.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
If it's anything like Theatrhythm, we'll probably have damn-near every original character.

Though it doesn't appear that the characters you play as make a difference? Whereas in Theatrhythm they have stats and abilities due to the RPG fusion. MoM seems like more of a pure rhythm game.

PStuder12321

Okay, this is where I'm drawing a line, Demyx HAS to be playable in this freaking game, either in the base game or DLC. I'm willing to shell out ANY amount of money to be able to play as him, as we havent done that since days. He's the perfect fit for this game, and if he isn't added, Nomura comitted a cardinal sin against gaming.

Its Demyx Time! However awesomeness aside Demyx does fit PERFECTLY. In fact. werent there 6 orginization members who joined the Guardians of Light? Maybe they are the missing 6! Or wasnt there only 4? I cant remember how many exsactly. maybe its them and maybe one or two surprise bad guys?

Xagzan

Awards
Kairi obviously, but I also kind of hope Namine is playable, here or at some point later on. That way she could have more than 2 poses in the next data greeting 😅

Soldier

Awards
Its Demyx Time! However awesomeness aside Demyx does fit PERFECTLY. In fact. werent there 6 orginization members who joined the Guardians of Light? Maybe they are the missing 6! Or wasnt there only 4? I cant remember how many exsactly. maybe its them and maybe one or two surprise bad guys?
Heck yes! and I'm not sure if he qualifies as one of the GoL now. I know he's got a gummiphone now as evidenced by the DLC, but he seems more like a messenger of sorts, using the corridors of darkness to transport things to other people (As he is likely the only one who still wears the black coat and can open corridors on account of everyone else being dead). I could see him piercing heartless along the tracks and using wave gigs to really cool things down!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
If it's anything like Theatrhythm, we'll probably have damn-near every original character.

Though it doesn't appear that the characters you play as make a difference? Whereas in Theatrhythm they have stats and abilities due to the RPG fusion. MoM seems like more of a pure rhythm game.

Well, there are only 20 characters that are playable so that is definitely not all damn near every original. We can at least assume all of the main heroes are playable, but beyond that there are going to be some limitations here.

We don’t really know how they intend on doing the game, though. I can’t imagine them not having some sort of RPG-esque leveling system in the background. After all we get skills that can be activated in battle. There has to be more to this game than the rhythm aspects.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Well, there are only 20 characters that are playable
I remembered there being some concrete number but I couldn't find where that was stated at the time.
Still, this doesn't preclude the possibility of DLC characters (and songs, of course).

We don’t really know how they intend on doing the game, though. I can’t imagine them not having some sort of RPG-esque leveling system in the background. After all we get skills that can be activated in battle. There has to be more to this game than the rhythm aspects.
True, Thundaga and Ars Arcanum proc during the Xemnas fight. And the order is reversed in the English trailer, so it can't be scripted.
But we don't see abilities appear in the Heartless combat or the flight gameplay, nor is it even made clear what those abilities did since obviously Xemnas doesn't have (displayed) HP.

Since it's obviously a Theatrhythm game it's reasonable to expect some RPG systems at play, but from just this one trailer I don't see much of it.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I remembered there being some concrete number but I couldn't find where that was stated at the time.

It’s the press release.

I also made a thread with everything we know about the game thus far:

Still, this doesn't preclude the possibility of DLC characters (and songs, of course).

Of course not. I’m pretty sure this game is perfect for them to do this, but in general I would only anticipate the 20 atm

True, Thundaga and Ars Arcanum proc during the Xemnas fight. And the order is reversed in the English trailer, so it can't be scripted.
But we don't see abilities appear in the Heartless combat or the flight gameplay, nor is it even made clear what those abilities did since obviously Xemnas doesn't have (displayed) HP.

Since it's obviously a Theatrhythm game it's reasonable to expect some RPG systems at play, but from just this one trailer I don't see much of it.

I imagine if there is a system there, it won’t be super complex so it’ll be mostly user-friendly to fit the audience they think they are attracting (i.e. children)

Michael Mario

Before we ask about whether Naminé be playable or not, there's something far more important question that needs to be addressed:

"If Naminé is playable, how hard will her sketchbook hit?"

PStuder12321

Heck yes! and I'm not sure if he qualifies as one of the GoL now. I know he's got a gummiphone now as evidenced by the DLC, but he seems more like a messenger of sorts, using the corridors of darkness to transport things to other people (As he is likely the only one who still wears the black coat and can open corridors on account of everyone else being dead). I could see him piercing heartless along the tracks and using wave gigs to really cool things down!

I can see him being a heavy support hero, as many of the GoL dont have anyway to communicate past the gummi phone and it doesnt always reach everywhere such as the realm of darkness, for instance TAV went into the realm of darkness and no one has heard from them since. Demyx could quickly pop in and check on them and report back stuff like that. Also if he does play a bigger part in this game then he could get a even better spot amongst the GoL

Soldier

Awards
I can see him being a heavy support hero, as many of the GoL dont have anyway to communicate past the gummi phone and it doesnt always reach everywhere such as the realm of darkness, for instance TAV went into the realm of darkness and no one has heard from them since. Demyx could quickly pop in and check on them and report back stuff like that. Also if he does play a bigger part in this game then he could get a even better spot amongst the GoL
That is true, His specialty in the organization always was scouting/reconnaissance if the Days game and manga are to be believed. It's a shame he despises fighting, because his control over water could be legitimately threatening and useful given the area. Plus, that sitar, one of the reasons I took up whittling is to make a copy of it.

Back