• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What did the Organization think about Ansem SoD?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Veritas7340

By manipulating Maleficent (and later Riku), Ansem SoD destroyed much of the KH universe. With all of those hearts gone, the Organization's plans may have been significantly hampered.

Furthermore, Ansem SoD managed to use the Princesses of Heart to reach (create) the Kingdom Hearts of Worlds' Hearts. What did the Organization think about that?

Xemnas fought Sora in Hollow Bastion, so he was there (approximately) when Ansem SoD was possessing Riku. In Castle Oblivion, Vexen and Lexeaus knew that Riku was inadvertently harboring the Leader's Heartless (Ansem SoD).

Did they ever see Ansem SoD as a threat?
Did they see the Kingdom Hearts of Worlds as a valuable opportunity?
Is there an In-Universe reason as to why they weren't concerned with Ansem SoD who was destroying worlds and trying to claim (one type of) Kingdom Hearts?

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
I can see Xemnas and Ansem SoD at least knowing each other due to the Xehanort seeds resonating within them and I'd imagine Xigbar was at least aware of him as well. As for the others...I'm not sure. I'm certain that they at least had some inking of who he was if Vexen, Lexeaus and Zexion's dialogue is any indication (from Vexen's Nobody pun, Lexeaus' "You are the Superior's..." and Zexion's ability to sense the darkness - specifically who's darkness - within Riku). Whether they were aware of his plan and simply let it run concurrently with theirs or whether they were against it and simply didn't really do anything about it for whatever reason is something that I am still unable to fathom.

Anagram

Banned
I don't think they cared all that much. The Organizations plans was all but halt without a keyblade wielder anyway and they didn't get that till near KH1's end with Roxas' creation. Plus there are countless worlds (all dem stars) so I wouldn't put to big a hamper in their plan to gather hearts. They gathered them from heartless anyway rather than real people so Ansem having heartless consume worlds and people alike increasing their number only fed into the Organizations desires in the end.

Samhain

Bronze Member
I can see Xemnas and Ansem SoD at least knowing each other due to the Xehanort seeds resonating within them and I'd imagine Xigbar was at least aware of him as well. As for the others...I'm not sure. I'm certain that they at least had some inking of who he was if Vexen, Lexeaus and Zexion's dialogue is any indication (from Vexen's Nobody pun, Lexeaus' "You are the Superior's..." and Zexion's ability to sense the darkness - specifically who's darkness - within Riku). Whether they were aware of his plan and simply let it run concurrently with theirs or whether they were against it and simply didn't really do anything about it for whatever reason is something that I am still unable to fathom.

False.
Xemnas knew of ASoD, but ASoD did not know about Xemnas. In XH reports he writes that there might be a realm of inbetween, but he wasn't 100% positive, so he didn't know about Xemnas.

He probably didn't know till after that report. They might have met up eventually, but I doubt it.

I've got multiple things that could explain this, based solely on my own speculation.

1) The organization's goal in Kingdom Hearts II was to use Kingdom Hearts to give themselves hearts and become full beings again. It's possible they saw what SoD was doing and knew he would access Kingdom Hearts at some point, and perhaps they planned to swoop in and "steal" it, using it for their own purposes. This would also have subsequently stopped SoD from destroying everything. However, Sora was actively clashing against SoD, and Kingdom Hearts was open for all of one cutscene before Sora and Mickey locked it. Thus, this part of their plan failed, and they moved on to their schemes in the later entries.

2) Spoilers for this one because I don't know if OP has played KH3D:
Xehanort wants his heartless and nobody to die so he can reform. Ansem SoD is misguided from his original aims because the darkness has taken him over, so Xehanort/Xemnas waits to see if Sora can eliminate him, which he does. (Also it's stated in KH3D that Master Xehanort anticipated quite a bit of the future, so it's possible he knew that SoD would be defeated by Sora, and that Xemnas knew this as well, but this seems like its really reaching)

3) The organization stations members at CO to control Sora for their own ends. When they see Ansem SoD becoming a threat, and that Sora intends to stop him, they use this as a sort of test to see if Sora is worth their time. If Sora fell in battle, they could have simply reverted to the plan I laid out in #1.

It's kinda fun to frame the older games using the newer ones.

yamibakura

Actually Ansem and Xemnas share a psychic bond.this is supported by the fact that they never talk with each other in DDD.both of them harbor a fragment of MX so their actions are mostly guided by the same mind.everything they did in KH and KH2 was actually planned by xehanort himself.im pretty sure the organization was aware of ASOD plans.also the concept of org13 was not conceived during KH1 so...
after all why would Xehanort remove his heart if his 2 divisions would sabotage each others schemes?there had to be some common mind that would guide their moves.

Samhain

Bronze Member
May I add in yet another retcon from our good man Nomura?
In KH1 Final Mix, the last report written by XH said he is deducing that there is a possibility there is a realm in between, and that the shell of someone's lost heart is born there, and yet...why the hell would he think that? He should know this because
1) He has MX heart
2) He and Xemnas share the same minds

....smh at how much they fked up since KH1.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I just don't think the Organization cared much. There main goal at around this time was to gather new members to fill seats. Plus Xemnas probably was anticipating that Sora would kill SOD in his plans because if Sora lost, well like he said in 2.5, "if he'll die so easily, he wouldn't be worth anything to us".

WhinyAcademic

Awards
It's almost impossible that Xemnas (and by extension Xigbar) didn't know of his counterpart running around. The Organization knew who Ansem was as well (as mentioned above, Lexaeus, Zexion, and Vexen's remarks are proof of this). But since either Ansem or Xemnas had to get Kingdom Hearts, neither were going to oppose each other. At the time of Kingdom Hearts in particular (especially during the Hollow Bastion episode), Ansem's victory was looking more and more likely, so I imagine Xemnas likely was happy to let him continue and not take any big actions, since at least one Xehanort would get Kingdom Hearts. But, he got a copy of Sora's memories to start the Replica program as a fail-safe, in Xehanort tradition, should Ansem fail.

Xemnas probably told the Organization "let's just wait and see what he does, and see what opportunities come up for us". When, in reality, he was just letting Ansem continue to victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back