• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What did ur parents do or how did they react when you came out to them? And how do you express yourself?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

WaltK

Awards
I spoke with the gay vicar who oversaw my uncle’s funeral a few years ago, and he told me about how he interpreted the “man shalt not lie with another man” (or whatever it is) line as actually being about adultery.

I can understand that completely. There is no logical reason whatsoever for homosexuality to be considered bad. It’s two consenting adults who love each other, and what they do together effects absolutely nobody.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I haven't come out to my family as bisexual, but I don't really feel the need to as I don't discuss my relationships with them. My mom has always said to me "I don't care who you are with. You are an adult and have your own life."

And that's where I'm going to leave it things with her and my family. And I know my mom supports gay rights as she was the person I learned my morality from. I'm private by nature--even my closest friends have the hardest time discerning my thoughts and emotions...anyways, my point is that it's a non-issue for me. Coming out has never been a thing I needed to do because I don't see the point in needing to. I have no intentions of falling in love or marrying anyways lol

And I don't have to worry about my sexuality as I live in one of the largest cities in the world and I'm very lucky to have a friend group that is comprised of people who are a part of the community or are allies.

As for both you @Somnus cealum @Willow A113, I really do hope both of you can get very far from your families. They are abusive. Full stop. If you need me to ever get you in contact with local services for LGBTQ+ youth, let me know.

Form Oblivion

Awards
but really like i said i heard from a bunch of christians that the bible been translated through many languages and translation can get fractured. there is a verse that says something like man lay down with man or sum.
that is messed up and the real meaning is a older man can't lay down with a younger man. so the bible really doesnt say its wrong to be in the lgbt. and nothing wrong with being a furry.
I don't know which verse you're talking about. Do you happen to know where it is?

Really? That's not the only passage concerning this. There's this:
So God abandoned them to do whatever shameful things their hearts desired. As a result, they did vile and degrading things with each other’s bodies. They traded the truth about God for a lie. So they worshiped and served the things God created instead of the Creator himself, who is worthy of eternal praise! Amen. That is why God abandoned them to their shameful desires. Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other. And the men, instead of having normal sexual relations with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men, and as a result of this sin, they suffered within themselves the penalty they deserved. ...They know God’s justice requires that those who do these things deserve to die, yet they do them anyway. Worse yet, they encourage others to do them, too.
Romans 1:24‭-‬27‭, ‬32 NLT
I doublechecked with ESV, KJV, and NIV translations. They all say the same thing.
i don't think thats good cus i heard from my friend that a bunch of christians at her school said that its ok to kill furries and i heard some christians wanna kill trans and not let them have jobs and not let them in the military
There's a lot of people who say and claim they're Christians when they're not. You have to be really careful; do not believe everything you hear. Sure, they might actually be Christians, and they might sincerely think that that's right, but it's totally wrong. Reminds me of how the Pharisees thought that killing Christians was a good thing that God approved.

Like, I'm a Christian, but wanting to kill people for that?! No way! I hate the sin, not the sinner!

Last edited:

Willow A113

Awards
i don't think thats good cus i heard from my friend that a bunch of christians at her school said that its ok to kill furries and i heard some christians wanna kill trans and not let them have jobs and not let them in the military
I heard. That's really terrible.

Willow A113

Awards
but really like i said i heard from a bunch of christians that the bible been translated through many languages and translation can get fractured. there is a verse that says something like man lay down with man or sum.
that is messed up and the real meaning is a older man can't lay down with a younger man. so the bible really doesnt say its wrong to be in the lgbt. and nothing wrong with being a furry.
That's because people think it's an easy way to be queer/transphobic.

Willow A113

Awards
I think the best escape for this kind of situation is go study somewhere else. it helps to see that less oppresive environment exist. Is this an option for you in the near future?
In two years when I turn 18, I might move in with my aunt until I can survive on my own.

Willow A113

Awards
I have no intentions of falling in love or marrying anyways lol
You and I are very different lol. I want a boyfriend so bad and I constantly daydream an imaginary love story with me and someone lol. I probably shouldn't as it might mess up my expectations, but I can't help it!
And I don't have to worry about my sexuality as I live in one of the largest cities in the world and I'm very lucky to have a friend group that is comprised of people who are a part of the community or are allies.

As for both you @Somnus cealum @Willow A113, I really do hope both of you can get very far from your families. They are abusive. Full stop. If you need me to ever get you in contact with local services for LGBTQ+ youth, let me know.
Thank you. And I'd like to hear about those local services.

Willow A113

Awards
I don't know which verse you're talking about. Do you happen to know where it is?

Really? That's not the only passage concerning this. There's this:

I doublechecked with ESV, KJV, and NIV translations. They all say the same thing.

There's a lot of people who say and claim they're Christians when they're not. You have to be really careful; do not believe everything you hear. Sure, they might actually be Christians, and they might sincerely think that that's right, but it's totally wrong. Reminds me of how the Pharisees thought that killing Christians was a good thing that God approved.

Like, I'm a Christian, but wanting to kill people for that?! No way! I hate the sin, not the sinner!
"Sin". Interesting choice of words there... :unsure:

Listen:
👏You👏don't👏belong👏on👏this👏thread👏

WaltK

Awards
Yeah, that “love the sinner, hate the sin” schtick is condescending as hell and doesn’t fly with me.

“I love you, but I hate what you are”. Well, what I am is me, so... what are you saying?

Imagine applying that same line of thinking to literally any other facet of human identity (race, gender, class, etc.) and see where that gets you.

AegisXIII

Awards
In two years when I turn 18, I might move in with my aunt until I can survive on my own.
"Survive" has a strong meaning.:(
I hope you'll find a solution that doesn't involve having to survive, but simply live your life as a teenager.

I am sorry but I haven't faced such a complicated situation, so my advice might not be the best. However, I can tell you about my experience having to deal with a dogmatic religious family member.
These rules and dogma didn't suit well for me and my gf. Going to church, not being able to show public affection, this was becoming really annoying. When came the time to move to university, we did it mainly for our studies but then, we realized that this toxic person finally had little impact on our lives. We managed to meet interesting people and it helped us to realize that what we were living in these abusive environments was not normal. Even if you know it, part of your brain is still weirdly wired, especially if you have been raised this way. That was the part where we had the most disgust for religion and our hometown. This is a normal part of the process I guess.

Now, it's been 5 years since we graduated and I can finally say that we are not under this toxic influence. We even managed to make peace with this situation and are planning to move back to our hometown to build a house.

What I want to say is: whatever happens it will take time. For me, 16-18 was denial, 18-24 was going full SJW and by the time i hit 25 I started to make peace with the situation and started to have a more nuanced opinion on this situation. Even if we are not on speaking terms, I feel sad for these people. They have to be terribly sad or frightened to act like this. It must be awful not to be able to think by yourself and rely on a book to tell you the right from the wrong with constant fear to endup in hell.
You do not seem to be in denial so that's already a good step. But moving away was the key that allowed us to clear our mind without toxic thoughts and make peace with this situation. it's like going in a shell to properly heal.

So my advice is: do not make any harsh decision, accept it will take time and make sure that you can move away without sacrificing your education so that you can maximize your chances for independence.

Willow A113

Awards
I hope you'll find a solution that doesn't involve having to survive, but simply live your life as a teenager.
I think I should clarify. When I turn 18, I might move in with my aunt. I'll stay there as long as I need to until I can live a normal life in my own home.
I am sorry but I haven't faced such a complicated situation, so my advice might not be the best. However, I can tell you about my experience having to deal with a dogmatic religious family member.
These rules and dogma didn't suit well for me and my gf. Going to church, not being able to show public affection, this was becoming really annoying. When came the time to move to university, we did it mainly for our studies but then, we realized that this toxic person finally had little impact on our lives. We managed to meet interesting people and it helped us to realize that what we were living in these abusive environments was not normal. Even if you know it, part of your brain is still weirdly wired, especially if you have been raised this way. That was the part where we had the most disgust for religion and our hometown. This is a normal part of the process I guess.

Now, it's been 5 years since we graduated and I can finally say that we are not under this toxic influence. We even managed to make peace with this situation and are planning to move back to our hometown to build a house.

What I want to say is: whatever happens it will take time. For me, 16-18 was denial, 18-24 was going full SJW and by the time i hit 25 I started to make peace with the situation and started to have a more nuanced opinion on this situation. Even if we are not on speaking terms, I feel sad for these people. They have to be terribly sad or frightened to act like this. It must be awful not to be able to think by yourself and rely on a book to tell you the right from the wrong with constant fear to endup in hell.
You do not seem to be in denial so that's already a good step. But moving away was the key that allowed us to clear our mind without toxic thoughts and make peace with this situation. it's like going in a shell to properly heal.
At the church I go to, there this, like, 10-15 minute time where a bunch of little kids come up and tell everyone that they believe in the church. I always feel so bad for them that their parents brainwashed them at such a young age. They should be able to choose.
So my advice is: do not make any harsh decision, accept it will take time and make sure that you can move away without sacrificing your education so that you can maximize your chances for independence.
Thank you for the advice. I'm a very impatient person, but I will try. I think your story is very great and I'm happy for you that you and your girlfriend got away and are now happy together.

Form Oblivion

Awards
At the church I go to, there this, like, 10-15 minute time where a bunch of little kids come up and tell everyone that they believe in the church. I always feel so bad for them that their parents brainwashed them at such a young age. They should be able to choose.
They have to grow older to decide on their own. Sure, they grow up in that thought but they truly decide when they get into the world.

Somnus cealum

Awards
I haven't come out to my family as bisexual, but I don't really feel the need to as I don't discuss my relationships with them. My mom has always said to me "I don't care who you are with. You are an adult and have your own life."

And that's where I'm going to leave it things with her and my family. And I know my mom supports gay rights as she was the person I learned my morality from. I'm private by nature--even my closest friends have the hardest time discerning my thoughts and emotions...anyways, my point is that it's a non-issue for me. Coming out has never been a thing I needed to do because I don't see the point in needing to. I have no intentions of falling in love or marrying anyways lol

thank you. i feel bad that some people dont wanna be with someone... its like they dont believe in love

Somnus cealum

Awards
You and I are very different lol. I want a boyfriend so bad and I constantly daydream an imaginary love story with me and someone lol. I probably shouldn't as it might mess up my expectations, but I can't help it!

Thank you. And I'd like to hear about those local services.
i daydream about having a bf too. sometimes it can be a furry or just a beastman like from shows and movies lol.

Somnus cealum

Awards
I spoke with the gay vicar who oversaw my uncle’s funeral a few years ago, and he told me about how he interpreted the “man shalt not lie with another man” (or whatever it is) line as actually being about adultery.

I can understand that completely. There is no logical reason whatsoever for homosexuality to be considered bad. It’s two consenting adults who love each other, and what they do together effects absolutely nobody.
@OKP its this i was talking about.

Somnus cealum

Awards

i also am forced to go to church. and go to church activities and im forced to pray with my family. i need to survive from my family. and im happy my dads dad is dead, because he is a major christian and major homophobic.
and if he was still alive, i would be dead. or worse.
@Willow A113 i hope that no one in ur family could do something like this if they were alive. i am now scared of my grandpa. and is glad he is dead.

Somnus cealum

Awards
Yeah, that “love the sinner, hate the sin” schtick is condescending as hell and doesn’t fly with me.

“I love you, but I hate what you are”. Well, what I am is me, so... what are you saying?

Imagine applying that same line of thinking to literally any other facet of human identity (race, gender, class, etc.) and see where that gets you.
@OKP this sounds what u said and "sin" i dont care about since im not a christian but im not gonna do bad stuff like kill people and steal.

and YAAAAAAAS GIRL!!!:
👏You👏don't👏belong👏on👏this👏thread👏

Somnus cealum

Awards
I think I should clarify. When I turn 18, I might move in with my aunt. I'll stay there as long as I need to until I can live a normal life in my own home.

Thank you for the advice. I'm a very impatient person, but I will try. I think your story is very great and I'm happy for you that you and your girlfriend got away and are now happy together.
i also agree. like my little sister and all the kids at my church.

Back