• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What did Xehanort do with Terra's Wayfinder?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Any ideas of what happened to Terra's wayfinder after Xehanort stole his body? Did he toss it or did he store it away somewhere like Aqua's armor

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
He obviously possessed the wayfinder to make a new wayfindernort for the organization, I thought that was completely obvious :p

*sarcasm off* one of the many unexplained things of this series, like how is mysterious tower in the sleeping realm (symphony of sorcery) if mysterious tower is also in the realm in between?

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
i doubt this will be meaningfully addressed. i imagine when terra is saved, he'll just pull it out of his pocket like nothing happened lol

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
i doubt this will be meaningfully addressed. i imagine when terra is saved, he'll just pull it out of his pocket like nothing happened lol

Like when Kairi just pulled her lucky charm out of her ass in Traverse Town after being abducted for many worlds? Like seriously, how did you not lose that thing girl?!

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Any Kingdom Hearts question has one of two answers: It's either "Because Xehanort" or "Because hearts".

Terra will have his Wayfinder, because hearts.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The thing with this is though that both Terra's and Ventus' wayfinders seemed to be not more than an afterthought to begin with.
They pull it out once or twice during BBS and bring up a short sort of connection/friendship-monologue on it but that's it.

So far Aqua's wayfinder is the only one which played a little bit of a bigger role and got somewhat extended focus.

As for what Xehanort did with it, there are three possibilities that are the most logical:

1. Xehanort didn't even find it cuz Terra hid it very well somewhere in these weird clothes of his and it is right now located where Terra's old clothes are (possibly somewhere in Xehanort's old room in the Radiant Garden Castle in a trunk).
2. Xehanort found it but didn't give it any thought since "it's just a small trinket made of glass" and thus threw it in the garbage bin.
3. Xehanort found it and noticed the magic worked into it, possibly trying to somehow manipulating it for his own ends, possible uses being:
- trying to use the "connection" between it and Ven's wayfinder to somehow try to locate him.
- using it in conjunction with Aqua's armor (as the wayfinder also is a symbol of Terra's connection with her, which Xehanort does try to exploit) to try and covertly interrogate her.

Then there's of course also still the possibility of a huge Nomura-surprise-twist-super-mega-crack-scenario you can't fit into any bong to smoke, revealing that the Wayfinders and their connections with each other were what summoned Terra's and Ven's Keyblades to smash the Darksides in the Secret Episode, but the kicker is that they are also a gateway to the Book of Prophecies accidentally without Aqua's knowledge, allowing D-Linking across time and space between TAV and the characters of X[chi] because reasons, something Ventus is already subconsciously doing because just twiddling your thumbs and letting your heart heal gets boring once the most serious wounds are healed, thus he appears in Unchained somehow.

They are also similar to the Lux-star often seen in the x-era and thus can function as a Lux storage cuz why not, diddly logic.
It allows TAV to actually use them as morphers and turn into yet another expy of the Power Rangers, summoning a powersuit made of Lux, with the full team being completed by Ephemer and Skuld who have also Wayfinders because reasons which are obviously connected to TAVs as while Aqua got the idea for making them from the thalassa shell legend of Destiny Islands, the way how she made them is actually the same as the "identification token" of the Dandelions, who each had such a "Lux-Star" made of glass back in the x-era which could also serve as a communication device (Which TAV cannot do simply because plot-induced stupidity needs them to).

Last edited:
Awards
I would imagine it's still in his pockets somewhere. After Xehanort took his body, more than likely he was much more concerned about his plans for wreaking the universe than checking his pockets for stuff.

it any thought since "it's just a small trinket made of glass" and thus threw it in the garbage bin.
2. Xehanort found it and noticed the magic worked into it, possibly trying to somehow manipulating it for his own ends, possible uses being:
- trying to use the "connection" between it and Ven's wayfinder to somehow try to locate him.
- using it in conjunction with Aqua's armor (as the wayfinder also is a symbol of Terra's connection with her, which Xehanort does try to exploit) to try and covertly interrogate her.

I was actually thinking the same thing here! Aqua did say she "worked a little magic on them", so maybe Xehanort did find it, notice the charm's magic, and subsequently uses it to try and find Ventus. But it also stands to reason that, if he was able to find Aqua with it all the way down in the realm of darkness, then shouldn't he have just as easily found Ven in castle oblivion? Unless of course only Aqua is truly able to find him..

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Then there's of course also still the possibility of a huge Nomura-surprise-twist-super-mega-crack-scenario you can't fit into any bong to smoke, revealing that the Wayfinders and their connections with each other were what summoned Terra's and Ven's Keyblades to smash the Darksides in the Secret Episode, but the kicker is that they are also a gateway to the Book of Prophecies accidentally without Aqua's knowledge, allowing D-Linking across time and space between TAV and the characters of X[chi] because reasons, something Ventus is already subconsciously doing because just twiddling your thumbs and letting your heart heal gets boring once the most serious wounds are healed, thus he appears in Unchained somehow.

They are also similar to the Lux-star often seen in the x-era and thus can function as a Lux storage cuz why not, diddly logic.
It allows TAV to actually use them as morphers and turn into yet another expy of the Power Rangers, summoning a powersuit made of Lux, with the full team being completed by Ephemer and Skuld who have also Wayfinders because reasons which are obviously connected to TAVs as while Aqua got the idea for making them from the thalassa shell legend of Destiny Islands, the way how she made them is actually the same as the "identification token" of the Dandelions, who each had such a "Lux-Star" made of glass back in the x-era which could also serve as a communication device (Which TAV cannot do simply because plot-induced stupidity needs them to).

The scary thing is that even with all the exaggeration and sarcasm, this still isn't that far out of the realm of possibility for KH logic.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards

I don't think it's related to Lux of the Book of Prophecies, but her wayfinders are a bit similar to some things from Chi, are they not? Apparently they can give her boost in power/courage whenever she needs it. It helped her defeat Vanitas when she called for Ven and Terra's help. It shined brightly after Terra and Ven's keyblades rescued her. It apparently emits light/signals allowing Mickey to follow it and find her. It's possible that its what made D-Links a thing. It very well could have been an odd communication device and that's why Aqua heard Terra asking her to kill him and she was able to sense him out.

I think it's the star symbol overall that's very uh... 'magical' in this game. Kairi's Charm. The Wayfinders. Lux. The Paopu fruit. And there's probably more

G-SANtos

Awards
I think Apprentice Xehanort kept the charm and looked at it whenever he talked to Aqua's armor while wondering who he was.

You see, Apprentice Xehanort is the form of Xehanort we know the least about, and I don't think this one is as simple as "it was Xehanort all along". I'm making a theory that is still a bit incomplete, but the basic idea is "Ansem and Xemnas are Xehanort's enforcers, but Apprentice Xehanort is a victim", and I think Terra's Wayfinder might be important in KHIII.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I would imagine it's still in his pockets somewhere. After Xehanort took his body, more than likely he was much more concerned about his plans for wreaking the universe than checking his pockets for stuff.

I was actually thinking the same thing here! Aqua did say she "worked a little magic on them", so maybe Xehanort did find it, notice the charm's magic, and subsequently uses it to try and find Ventus. But it also stands to reason that, if he was able to find Aqua with it all the way down in the realm of darkness, then shouldn't he have just as easily found Ven in castle oblivion? Unless of course only Aqua is truly able to find him..

This would go hand in hand with the assumption that then the wayfinder is at the exact same place as Terra's old clothes are (if Xehanort didn't find it) OR maybe Ansem the Wise/Even found it in the clothes and presented it to Xehanort in the hopes to trigger some of his memories (the Secret Ansem Reports in KH 2 do state that besides Ansem the Wise Even was also very interested in Xehanort's memories and Ansem does state that one of the objectives of the first, then still harmless experiments was to try and unlock Xehanort's lost memories.
These first experiments were psychological in nature and Xehanort volunteered as a test subject, so Ansem the Wise, Even and the other apprentices performed these with the subject's explicit consent (unlike the later experiments which went off the rail into horror movie esque stuff where human "guinea pigs" were kidnapped and forcefully used by the apprentices after Ansem was banished).
So it is not completely impossible that the orange Wayfinder of Terra was somehow involved in these first psychological experiments.

It is a viable possibility, except the part of finding Ventus because it is indeed as such that only Aqua can find Ventus' resting place. Not even Sora (with Ven's heart inside him) could find Ventus' resting room on his own, he has to be accompanied by Aqua to find it.
Thus in order to truly save Ven both Aqua and Sora are indispensable and need to be present.

The scary thing is that even with all the exaggeration and sarcasm, this still isn't that far out of the realm of possibility for KH logic.

I'm not entirely sure if I should be amused at this or somewhat scared at the prospect due to the writing staffs known knack for rather mediocre writing...

I don't think it's related to Lux of the Book of Prophecies, but her wayfinders are a bit similar to some things from Chi, are they not? Apparently they can give her boost in power/courage whenever she needs it. It helped her defeat Vanitas when she called for Ven and Terra's help. It shined brightly after Terra and Ven's keyblades rescued her. It apparently emits light/signals allowing Mickey to follow it and find her. It's possible that its what made D-Links a thing. It very well could have been an odd communication device and that's why Aqua heard Terra asking her to kill him and she was able to sense him out.

I think it's the star symbol overall that's very uh... 'magical' in this game. Kairi's Charm. The Wayfinders. Lux. The Paopu fruit. And there's probably more

Well, Aqua does describe the magic she worked as an "unbreakable connection" and for all we know this might indeed mean something more than just the D-Link feature. There are some hints scattered out as you mentioned, although there is as of yet no "tangible" ability or property to tie it with.
Still, I do not think that a possible connection to the x[chi]-era is totally out of the question, especially since the five-pointed star is practically all over Daybreak Town and x-era imagery, arguably even more so than the Paopu-fruit from DI.

There's indeed the possibility of there being even more to it, as when looking at some other recent and past developments/facts there was
1. Nomura speaking specifcially of five keys (or key-characters) who will usher in the great divergence between Unchained X and the original browser chi (Ephemer, Skuld, Ventus + two more currently unknown),
2. there are five Foretellers and five Unions,
3. the thirteen locks on the mysterious box are split into five distinct groups ( 3 locks on one side, 3 more + 1 big one + another 3 on the front side and a fourth group of 3 on the other side,
the one big lock possibly referring to Xehanort while the four groups of three smaller locks may represent the four main "trios" SRK, TAV, RLX and MDG),
4. the original number of Ansem's apprentices before Xehanort's arrival was five (Braig, Dilan, Even, Aeleus and Ienzo),
5. there are strictly spoken five groups of "lesser creatures" (Heartless, Nobodies, Unversed, Spirits and Nightmares),
6. there are five so far confirmed in-between worlds (Traverse Town, Twilight Town, Mysterious Tower, Land of Departure/Castle Oblivion and the World that Never was),
7. there exist five "true" Xehanort forms so far (Master Xehanort, Terra-Xehanort, Ansem SoD, Xemnas and Young Xehanort),
8. Xehanort has/had so far five plans/attempts to realize his ambitions for Kingdom Hearts, four of which were foiled
(1st plan (the hasty experimental one): BBS, foiled by TAV,
2nd (using world's hearts): KH 1, foiled by SDG,
3rd (using human hearts): Days/KH 2, foiled by SDG
and 4th (using time travel and sleep): DDD, foiled by Riku, Mickey and Lea) the fifth will be the one showcased in KH III.

There might be even more but those are the ones I can observe on a whim (and not all of those may also be feasible or actually of that much importance, I admit)
Five and thus the five-pointed star seems to be thus also an important number just like the 3, 7 and 13.

I think Apprentice Xehanort kept the charm and looked at it whenever he talked to Aqua's armor while wondering who he was.

You see, Apprentice Xehanort is the form of Xehanort we know the least about, and I don't think this one is as simple as "it was Xehanort all along". I'm making a theory that is still a bit incomplete, but the basic idea is "Ansem and Xemnas are Xehanort's enforcers, but Apprentice Xehanort is a victim", and I think Terra's Wayfinder might be important in KHIII.

Then it would by extension mean Xemnas inherited it due to him having Terra's body.

I really dunno about that one, mainly because of the KH 1 Ansem Reports. There is not a single indication that there was any change between "Apprentice" Xehanort and Ansem SoD as implicated here:
Ansem's Report 12 said:
I have transcended to an existence of only the heart. I should have come back as a Heartless, but there is no sign of such a transformation.
My body has surely perished. However, I am different from the other Heartless, keeping the memories of before, and I have not taken on the form of a Heartless. It is clear that there are still many things to be studied.

Xehanort/Ansem just writes on with the reports and while he notes the make-up of his being has changed (to an existence of only the heart aka Ansem SoD in Mr. Robe-Guy form) there is no indicator of his personality or identity changing at all, ergo "Apprentice" Xehanort = Ansem SoD in identity and personality.

The opening scene of DDD also shows "Apprentice" Xehanort calling himself Ansem and summoning No Name (aka the Goatblade) meaning he hadn't split into Ansem SoD and Xemnas yet before striking down Braig.

Except of course if one wants to open yet another can of worms and indicate that this wasn't "Xehanort" at all (he does say to Braig "Xehanort? That's not my name, my name is "Ansem") but maybe someone entirely else?
Terra taking control for a very brief time? Unlikely, why would he use/have access to the Dark Goatblade with the MoM's pop eye? Eraqus? Huh?
Maybe even freaking Luxu somehow from within that Keyblade? *shrugs shoulders*

Considering the attention Aqua's wayfinder got in 0.2 though I would hope for Terra's and Ven's wayfinders to also get some importance along the way.
BBS itself certainly more or less "wasted" the wayfinders apart from one or two scenes in each of the trio's stories. The custom-made wayfinder of Stitch had arguably more importance than theirs, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back