• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KHUX ► What did you like about Union X that you will miss?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

DefiantHeart

Awards
Now that the series has finally concluded. I've been reflecting on my experience playing Union X. I started ever since Chi on jp, and I still remember like yesterday, how excited I was for it coming to global. We all know the good and the bad, the delays etc. I've made my peace with the negative parts, especially since they at least caught us up at the end. So naturally, I would like to talk about the positive experiences. For me, I will miss the magical moments I felt when certain events happened near my birthday each year in Union X. The significant moments to me were: Ava being the first to acknowledge the player's gender after the fight in the underground passage, seeing Strelitzia for the first time, and getting the Kairi medal that says "Make a wish" on it, EXACTLY on my birthday. It's funny, especially the latter, since I legally got my name changed to Kairi a couple of years ago because there was just so many coincidences for me with her character. Being transgender, those coincidences helped me during my depression when I felt like giving up, like there was more to the world then what we see. That medal, Re:Mind, and Melody of Memory, they all helped me during the most important parts of my transition. And now this year, June 3rd, I was finally able to get my gender confirmation surgery and for the first time in my life... felt like I had hope. I know it's all just random stuff, but it helped me get through the darkest moments of my life. And I'm going to miss those magical moments after Union X shuts down honestly. But I do plan on remaking my keykid into a 3d model using blender, and then importing her into vr chat, so I can at least have that after it's all over. ( I just need to recover from my surgery first of course.) I also met my best friend because of Union X, so there's that too lol.

Anyways, what are your guy's thoughts? I'm curious how everyone else's journey with this series ended. How did you feel? Did it connect with your life like it did with mine? Etc?

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm gonna miss the cast. I get this sad feeling thinking that the union leaders will never be together completely again as Ephemer probably grew old and has passed.

Willow A113

Awards
I'm gonna miss the cast. I get this sad feeling thinking that the union leaders will never be together completely again as Ephemer probably grew old and has passed.
You know who else passed? Every member of org 13. They’re all back (except for Xehenort). I’m EXPECTING Ephemer to come back to life.

Willow A113

Awards
I’ve never been too into Union x, I played it a year ago but when I got to the then current quest, I stopped. I picked it back up a few months ago because the ending was coming. The ending was amazing and I’m glad I came back to it before it happened.
It’s my least favorite kh game because of the graphics and gameplay. I just enter in a level, watch a (n either filler or awesome, there’s no in between) cutscene, and fight the target enemy with auto mode on… and I just sit there. It’s not very fun because I’m not doing anything. Sure, I can turn auto mode off, but it really doesn’t change anything. The graphics don’t help either. It looks cute, but it’s not how a complex story like that should be consumed.
But enough with the negativity; I really liked this game. (Like I said before) the cutscenes are either filler or amazing and exiting. The cutscenes that fit in the latter category are why I love Union x. Just because It’s my least favorite doesn’t mean I can’t like/love it.

I see how much you love the game (more than the average kh fan) and I’m glad it helped you through so many hard times. I didn’t know you were trans in the last thread we talked and “surgery” could have meant anything. Now I know what you went though and I can completely understand. I have it harder than most trans people, with parents as transphobic as mine. I’m 16 and my parents say I can’t transition until I move out of the house. I plan on leaving when I’m 18, but I’m constantly scared I can’t do it. I fills me with so much anxiety and scares me. Like you, Kingdom Hearts has helped me get through it. Not Union x in particular, but the series as a whole. Few things can distract me from my situation, but Kh might be the thing that does it the best. It definitely helps me.
Also, I love your name! Kairi has always been my favorite name since I watched the cutscenes of kh1 on YouTube back in January 2019 (I own the games now). I even considered picking the name for myself, but it just didn’t feel right. Willow was perfect for me because I already had to go by a similar name, so it was no trouble for me. Still, Kairi is my favorite and if I ever get to name a girl (realistically never going to happen), I would pick that in a heartbeat!

DefiantHeart

Awards
Well, like Willow said, Nomura could always bring back Ephemer somehow. We have Xion literally back despite everyone thinking she was gone for good. So never know with Nomura, nobody in KH seems to stay dead for long lol. XD

I’ve never been too into Union x, I played it a year ago but when I got to the then current quest, I stopped. I picked it back up a few months ago because the ending was coming. The ending was amazing and I’m glad I came back to it before it happened.
It’s my least favorite kh game because of the graphics and gameplay. I just enter in a level, watch a (n either filler or awesome, there’s no in between) cutscene, and fight the target enemy with auto mode on… and I just sit there. It’s not very fun because I’m not doing anything. Sure, I can turn auto mode off, but it really doesn’t change anything. The graphics don’t help either. It looks cute, but it’s not how a complex story like that should be consumed.
But enough with the negativity; I really liked this game. (Like I said before) the cutscenes are either filler or amazing and exiting. The cutscenes that fit in the latter category are why I love Union x. Just because It’s my least favorite doesn’t mean I can’t like/love it.

I see how much you love the game (more than the average kh fan) and I’m glad it helped you through so many hard times. I didn’t know you were trans in the last thread we talked and “surgery” could have meant anything. Now I know what you went though and I can completely understand. I have it harder than most trans people, with parents as transphobic as mine. I’m 16 and my parents say I can’t transition until I move out of the house. I plan on leaving when I’m 18, but I’m constantly scared I can’t do it. I fills me with so much anxiety and scares me. Like you, Kingdom Hearts has helped me get through it. Not Union x in particular, but the series as a whole. Few things can distract me from my situation, but Kh might be the thing that does it the best. It definitely helps me.
Also, I love your name! Kairi has always been my favorite name since I watched the cutscenes of kh1 on YouTube back in January 2019 (I own the games now). I even considered picking the name for myself, but it just didn’t feel right. Willow was perfect for me because I already had to go by a similar name, so it was no trouble for me. Still, Kairi is my favorite and if I ever get to name a girl (realistically never going to happen), I would pick that in a heartbeat!
I definitely understand that, Union X had lots of filler and felt needlessly long, and was mostly money grubbing. My personal favorite Kingdom Hearts game is the first one and the ones where you play as Aqua as it helps with my dysphoria and I like her character. I still wish Nomura had gone with his original plan and made Kairi playable in the first game, but it's whatevs at this point.

Yeah, I probably should have been more specific about that surgery lol. I just didn't feel like expanding on my explanation at that moment, but figured it would help for better context for this thread. I can tell you, having transphobic parents is a lot more common then you think. I've talked to a lot of transgender people, both irl in group meetings and online, that have told very similar scenarios. Many got disowned, or sent to conversion therapy, had to make it on their own etc. If it makes you feel better, I've lived long enough to see things are steadily getting better for the trans community. I'm 31, going on 32 this August 5th. Always felt wrong as a kid, but I never knew transgender people existed until college when I could finally use a laptop. So kept it inside most of my life, until 25 when I couldn't bear it anymore. I was one of the lucky ones that had parents that accepted me and helped me transition with the HRT expenses finding a doctor and counseling, then finally the surgery this year. All stuff I wouldn't have been able to handle on my own, with my autism and terrible social anxiety. I wouldn't be here today if it weren't for the support of my parents, then my best friend, and these games and Pokemon. Your generation has better access to the internet and support then me and the older generations have had. There's more charities etc, that helps transgender youth and other forms of connection. You just have to believe in yourself, look for online resources to help you when you need to move, make the connections. There's plenty of people out there willing to help and be empathetic these days, as research on transgender people continues to grow. It can be terrible with these anti-trans laws across countries etc, but I honestly believe your generation has a better shot at finding peace in this world and coexistence with cisgender people.

Just remember, you're still very young. I've waited 31 years just to begin feeling like I'm alive, and it is honestly never too late to transition. ( I used to doubt when older transgender people told me this, but after that surgery, I finally feel like I'm at a point I can believe it too.) And who knows? People can change. Maybe not immediately, but after or before you leave your parents, they might come around to educate themselves on transgender people and might come to accept you for you. My own parents are Trump supporters and Republicans, yet them and other Republicans have been capable of learning about us and changing their views and minds. A lot of Republicans are seeing this is wrong, especially when it's going against their views of no big government. Just try to believe in yourself. I know it's hard, it's taken me forever to do so as well. And if all else fails, there's always good people out there that can help.

Also, yeah, Kairi was actually my second chosen name. My first was Kinjavalesca, but my mom didn't want me to attract more attention to myself lol. XD Kairi's still good though, and it's funny but it feels like I was meant to be called that. Feels normal. :)

Willow A113

Awards
I definitely understand that, Union X had lots of filler and felt needlessly long, and was mostly money grubbing. My personal favorite Kingdom Hearts game is the first one and the ones where you play as Aqua as it helps with my dysphoria and I like her character. I still wish Nomura had gone with his original plan and made Kairi playable in the first game, but it's whatevs at this point.
My favorite game is kh3 because it looks good. I always prefer the games that look best because I love to be impressed and look at pretty looking things. I agree and Aqua is my favorite character to play as because it helps with my dysphoria as well. I was super excited when Kairi was playable in remind, but I agree that she should’ve been playable earlier. Nomura has definitely been mistreating her in terms of writing and that started way back in CoM/kh2. If she were playable in kh1, no one would be complaining. I want her to be playable again and would love if she got her own game (featuring Aqua as her master of course). I would also FREAK if Xion were playable and she’s overdue for a playable moment. She wasn’t even playable in the big group fight in remind!
Yeah, I probably should have been more specific about that surgery lol. I just didn't feel like expanding on my explanation at that moment, but figured it would help for better context for this thread. I can tell you, having transphobic parents is a lot more common then you think. I've talked to a lot of transgender people, both irl in group meetings and online, that have told very similar scenarios. Many got disowned, or sent to conversion therapy, had to make it on their own etc. If it makes you feel better, I've lived long enough to see things are steadily getting better for the trans community. I'm 31, going on 32 this August 5th. Always felt wrong as a kid, but I never knew transgender people existed until college when I could finally use a laptop. So kept it inside most of my life, until 25 when I couldn't bear it anymore. I was one of the lucky ones that had parents that accepted me and helped me transition with the HRT expenses finding a doctor and counseling, then finally the surgery this year. All stuff I wouldn't have been able to handle on my own, with my autism and terrible social anxiety. I wouldn't be here today if it weren't for the support of my parents, then my best friend, and these games and Pokemon. Your generation has better access to the internet and support then me and the older generations have had. There's more charities etc, that helps transgender youth and other forms of connection. You just have to believe in yourself, look for online resources to help you when you need to move, make the connections. There's plenty of people out there willing to help and be empathetic these days, as research on transgender people continues to grow. It can be terrible with these anti-trans laws across countries etc, but I honestly believe your generation has a better shot at finding peace in this world and coexistence with cisgender people.
You know, I’d rather have had my parents disown me tbh. But no, they’re still set in believing that they can brainwash me into being the “perfect child” again.
Yes, I know transphobic parents is very common, and it makes me feel terrible that so many other teens are on the same boat as me. No one deserves that.
There is no doubt things are getting better. And things will keep getting better. I agree my generation has it a lot better than yours had, and things will be better and better each generation. I’m jealous of the kids that will be born decades in the future. I wish I were one of them lol.
Technology is definitely a factor. The first person I came out to was online because I couldn’t get myself to say the words with my own mouth. I barely knew what transgender meant and research online helped. I researched until I felt I knew all I needed to, plus more. Unfortunately, my parents don’t believe in privacy and they looked through my phone and hated everything they saw. That’s when they found out I’m trans. They thought the internet influenced me even though I had those feelings my whole life. They took away every social media they could think of (discord, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, etc.). Khinsider is the only place I can talk to people online anymore. They took those sites away because they thought without those “influences” I would be “fixed”. But that would never work because the internet was never the reason, it was dysphoria.
My friends and siblings, and my aunt and her family keep me going too. If it weren’t for them, and media I watch/play, I don’t know if I would even still be here. My feelings of gratitude towards all these wonderful people is beyond description and now you’re on that list as well.
Sure my life seems like hell the majority of the time but these people help me remember there’s still good in the world and I can still try to be happy though all of this.
Just remember, you're still very young. I've waited 31 years just to begin feeling like I'm alive, and it is honestly never too late to transition. ( I used to doubt when older transgender people told me this, but after that surgery, I finally feel like I'm at a point I can believe it too.) And who knows? People can change. Maybe not immediately, but after or before you leave your parents, they might come around to educate themselves on transgender people and might come to accept you for you. My own parents are Trump supporters and Republicans, yet them and other Republicans have been capable of learning about us and changing their views and minds. A lot of Republicans are seeing this is wrong, especially when it's going against their views of no big government. Just try to believe in yourself. I know it's hard, it's taken me forever to do so as well. And if all else fails, there's always good people out there that can help.
Yeah I know I sound impatient, but I’m an impatient person. I began feeling dysphoria in 5th grade. I’m starting 11th grade soon so that’s almost 6 years. That’s already too long I don’t know if I can bear waiting past 18 to start my transition. Every day, I feel like I can barely handle another day, but if I have to push though for more than two years, I don’t think I have the strength to do that.
People complain that it feels like yesterday was March and it’s June now. I’m glad it feels like time is moving faster as I can get to a better place sooner (it feels like).
Years in the future, I’ll look back on this and I’ll see how impatient I’m being but now? Well, I want it now.
I seriously doubt my parents will come around. They do research on the OTHER side, actively looking for “proof” being transgender is wrong. They’re not going to switch sides just like that. Also there’s their religion and they believe being lgbt is a sin. Hard to change that.
Speaking of that, my sister is actually part of the same religion as my parents yet she is one of the most supportive allies I know. She picks and chooses what to believe and is completely on my side. She is technically republican too, but she’s 14 and she hasn’t done any research for herself. She is just told things by my (conservative) parents and believes them. She hasn’t done any research for herself before so her opinions aren’t exactly her opinions.
It’s taken a lot to accept myself. I’m the type to believe things I hear and not question it and the damaging things my parents told me stuck with me for so long that even months after I came out to everyone, I still felt like I was doing something wrong and bad. But after seeing so many allies that told me it was ok and I learned that you don’t have to be lgbt to believe that, I finally put those thoughts to rest and I felt a lot better.
Also, yeah, Kairi was actually my second chosen name. My first was Kinjavalesca, but my mom didn't want me to attract more attention to myself lol. XD Kairi's still good though, and it's funny but it feels like I was meant to be called that. Feels normal. :)
Where did you get Kinjavaleca from? I’ve never heard that one before.
It’s great when you find that perfect name. I always loved Kairi, but Willow is the only name that works for me, and no name is more perfect for me than that.

Sorry for such a long, off-topic post.

Last edited:

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
Ephemers name literally means to last a short time. I don't see him becoming a series regular sadly.

GreyouTT

Awards
The people in my party. Granted by this point it was just me and one other guy, but we had fun.

DefiantHeart

Awards
My favorite game is kh3 because it looks good. I always prefer the games that look best because I love to be impressed and look at pretty looking things. I agree and Aqua is my favorite character to play as because it helps with my dysphoria as well. I was super excited when Kairi was playable in remind, but I agree that she should’ve been playable earlier. Nomura has definitely been mistreating her in terms of writing and that started way back in CoM/kh2. If she were playable in kh1, no one would be complaining. I want her to be playable again and would love if she got her own game (featuring Aqua as her master of course). I would also FREAK if Xion were playable and she’s overdue for a playable moment. She wasn’t even playable in the big group fight in remind!

You know, I’d rather have had my parents disown me tbh. But no, they’re still set in believing that they can brainwash me into being the “perfect child” again.
Yes, I know transphobic parents is very common, and it makes me feel terrible that so many other teens are on the same boat as me. No one deserves that.
There is no doubt things are getting better. And things will keep getting better. I agree my generation has it a lot better than yours had, and things will be better and better each generation. I’m jealous of the kids that will be born decades in the future. I wish I were one of them lol.
Technology is definitely a factor. The first person I came out to was online because I couldn’t get myself to say the words with my own mouth. I barely knew what transgender meant and research online helped. I researched until I felt I knew all I needed to, plus more. Unfortunately, my parents don’t believe in privacy and they looked through my phone and hated everything they saw. That’s when they found out I’m trans. They thought the internet influenced me even though I had those feelings my whole life. They took away every social media they could think of (discord, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, etc.). Khinsider is the only place I can talk to people online anymore. They took those sites away because they thought without those “influences” I would be “fixed”. But that would never work because the internet was never the reason, it was dysphoria.
My friends and siblings, and my aunt and her family keep me going too. If it weren’t for them, and media I watch/play, I don’t know if I would even still be here. My feelings of gratitude towards all these wonderful people is beyond description and now you’re on that list as well.
Sure my life seems like hell the majority of the time but these people help me remember there’s still good in the world and I can still try to be happy though all of this.

Yeah I know I sound impatient, but I’m an impatient person. I began feeling dysphoria in 5th grade. I’m starting 11th grade soon so that’s almost 6 years. That’s already too long I don’t know if I can bear waiting past 18 to start my transition. Every day, I feel like I can barely handle another day, but if I have to push though for more than two years, I don’t think I have the strength to do that.
People complain that it feels like yesterday was March and it’s June now. I’m glad it feels like time is moving faster as I can get to a better place sooner (it feels like).
Years in the future, I’ll look back on this and I’ll see how impatient I’m being but now? Well, I want it now.
I seriously doubt my parents will come around. They do research on the OTHER side, actively looking for “proof” being transgender is wrong. They’re not going to switch sides just like that. Also there’s their religion and they believe being lgbt is a sin. Hard to change that.
Speaking of that, my sister is actually part of the same religion as my parents yet she is one of the most supportive allies I know. She picks and chooses what to believe and is completely on my side. She is technically republican too, but she’s 14 and she hasn’t done any research for herself. She is just told things by my (conservative) parents and believes them. She hasn’t done any research for herself before so her opinions aren’t exactly her opinions.
It’s taken a lot to accept myself. I’m the type to believe things I hear and not question it and the damaging things my parents told me stuck with me for so long that even months after I came out to everyone, I still felt like I was doing something wrong and bad. But after seeing so many allies that told me it was ok and I learned that you don’t have to be lgbt to believe that, I finally put those thoughts to rest and I felt a lot better.

Where did you get Kinjavaleca from? I’ve never heard that one before.
It’s great when you find that perfect name. I always loved Kairi, but Willow is the only name that works for me, and no name is more perfect for me than that.

Sorry for such a long, off-topic post.

With me, I care more about gameplay and story then graphics. KH 3 felt short to me and it just didn't interest me as other Kingdom Hearts games have. I've gotten a lot of hate over my opinions on kh 3, but that's just how I feel about it. Had Kairi been playable for the whole game now, that would have been an entirely different story. I still feel kh 3 should have been Kairi's game, especially with the symbolism behind her being the third in the kh 1 race etc, it should've focused more on her character development. Honestly Sora's development and journey could have been summarized in cutscenes, that would have been an interesting new flip with Sora taking to the sidelines for the first time, and it would have further enhanced the foreshadowing of Sora needing help just like with Kairi. I don't entirely blame Nomura though over his decision. Nomura probably saw the hate for Kairi online, and possibly mistook it as people just generally not liking her, rather then Kairi just needing more character development and NOT be used as a plot device. Nomura literally thinks Riku's lacking in popularity means he needs more screentime, and that's just a textbook example that Nomura doesn't really get his fans.

The transgender issues I'll private message you on, it's starting to get on the personal side now.

"Kinjavalesca" is a name that popped into my mind back when I was in high school. I'm not a religious person, and I prefer to think of things logically, possibly due to my autism... but I feel that name is my "heart's/soul's name." You know how we're given birth names by others? What they're doing is naming the body born. But if you believe that the body is merely a vessel, and we're more then that, then it's logical to assume maybe other parts of our essence could be named as well. That's what "Kinjavalesca" is to me, since I felt it, I feel like that was my "heart or soul" that called out to me and said that's my name. So "Kairi" will be my body's new name, but "Kinjavalesca" will always be my "heart or soul" name. If that makes any sense lol. XD

Don't feel bad for writing a off topic post, you're in a difficult situation only a minority of people can understand. It's only logical you would expand more when someone in a similar situation is in your presence, that's human nature.

Ephemers name literally means to last a short time. I don't see him becoming a series regular sadly.

Xion means literally imaginary number, Saix literally says, " we have always been 13," purposely excluding Xion. Literally everyone was forced to forget Xion's existence after her "death." Yet, in KH 3, she still came back nonetheless. Ephemer appears to Sora in the keyblade graveyard, assisting him with fallen keyblade wielder's keyblades... likely the Dandelions due to the credits showing Union X player names during the cutscene. If Kingdom Hearts has taught us anything, it's to never assume anything until it's over.

The people in my party. Granted by this point it was just me and one other guy, but we had fun.

Lol, I get that. At the end, I just made my own party with my best friend I had met because of Union X. Felt fitting to end on that note.

Definitely all those cool Heartless designs

I just hope we get some more cool ones in the future.

Yeah, I loved the unique raid boss designs especially like Jewel Princess. I'm curious if those designs will ever make a comeback in future kh games.

Willow A113

Awards
With me, I care more about gameplay and story then graphics. KH 3 felt short to me and it just didn't interest me as other Kingdom Hearts games have. I've gotten a lot of hate over my opinions on kh 3, but that's just how I feel about it. Had Kairi been playable for the whole game now, that would have been an entirely different story. I still feel kh 3 should have been Kairi's game, especially with the symbolism behind her being the third in the kh 1 race etc, it should've focused more on her character development. Honestly Sora's development and journey could have been summarized in cutscenes, that would have been an interesting new flip with Sora taking to the sidelines for the first time, and it would have further enhanced the foreshadowing of Sora needing help just like with Kairi. I don't entirely blame Nomura though over his decision. Nomura probably saw the hate for Kairi online, and possibly mistook it as people just generally not liking her, rather then Kairi just needing more character development and NOT be used as a plot device. Nomura literally thinks Riku's lacking in popularity means he needs more screentime, and that's just a textbook example that Nomura doesn't really get his fans.
I’m not saying gameplay and story don’t matter. Those are way way more important than graphics. I was just saying that the gameplay and story put together WITH graphics is why it’s my favorite
Kairi was advertised to have a big role but she didn’t until remind.
The transgender issues I'll private message you on, it's starting to get on the personal side now.

"Kinjavalesca" is a name that popped into my mind back when I was in high school. I'm not a religious person, and I prefer to think of things logically, possibly due to my autism... but I feel that name is my "heart's/soul's name." You know how we're given birth names by others? What they're doing is naming the body born. But if you believe that the body is merely a vessel, and we're more then that, then it's logical to assume maybe other parts of our essence could be named as well. That's what "Kinjavalesca" is to me, since I felt it, I feel like that was my "heart or soul" that called out to me and said that's my name. So "Kairi" will be my body's new name, but "Kinjavalesca" will always be my "heart or soul" name. If that makes any sense lol. XD
No that makes sense to me. I think that’s pretty cool. I’m not religious but I feel like there’s something big out there. I don’t know if it’s god or Thor or something else, but I think there’s something.
Don't feel bad for writing a off topic post, you're in a difficult situation only a minority of people can understand. It's only logical you would expand more when someone in a similar situation is in your presence, that's human nature.

Xion means literally imaginary number, Saix literally says, " we have always been 13," purposely excluding Xion. Literally everyone was forced to forget Xion's existence after her "death." Yet, in KH 3, she still came back nonetheless. Ephemer appears to Sora in the keyblade graveyard, assisting him with fallen keyblade wielder's keyblades... likely the Dandelions due to the credits showing Union X player names during the cutscene. If Kingdom Hearts has taught us anything, it's to never assume anything until it's over.

Lol, I get that. At the end, I just made my own party with my best friend I had met because of Union X. Felt fitting to end on that note.

Yeah, I loved the unique raid boss designs especially like Jewel Princess. I'm curious if those designs will ever make a comeback in future kh games.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
We've been saying that since he was introduced in 2014 and he made it not only to the end of UX but also seems to have lived a full life while the rest of his friends were scattered throughout time and space.

I'm not expecting him to be a series regular either (especially now since Luxu's secret reports have become inaccurate) but I don't think the origins of his name is much of a reason to exclude him.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Definitely all those cool Heartless designs

I just hope we get some more cool ones in the future.
This is it for me. In such a dreadful game, the enemy designs were popping off and had no right to look that good. I'd love to see them translated to future console games.

Back