• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► What Disney films are your favourites?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Vulpes XIII

Awards
Since there has been so many Disney films made over the years , I was wondering what’s everyone favourites? For me it would have to be these films:

Lion King 1 and 2
Mulan
Aladdin
Hercules
Beauty and the Beast
The Little Mermaid
Fox and the Hound
Emperor‘s new groove
Tangled
Wreck it Ralph

Last edited:

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
The Little Mermaid
Hercules
The Sword in the Stone
One Hundred and One Dalmatians
Pinocchio
Cinderella
Frozen
The Princess and the Frog
Beauty and the Beast
Mulan

The lower half of my top usually moves around depending on my mood; Treasure Planet, The Lion King, Lady and the Tramp, and Aladdin alternate in there sometimes.

palizinhas

Awards
Lilo and Stitch and Beauty and the Beast have been my favorites since I watched them for the first time.

Outside of that, I love Aladdin and have a really soft spot for Frozen.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Meet the Robinsons
Aladdin
Tangled
Moana
A Goofy Movie
The Little Mermaid
Beauty and the Beast
Mulan
The Princess and the Frog
Big Hero 6
The Lion King
Pocahontas (yes, it’s problematic now and I recognize that and criticize it at ever turn but Alan Menken put in work for that OST)

Honestly there are few animated Disney films I dislike outside of Home on the Range...And I’m not incredibly fond of Frozen.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
My list seems to change quite a bit over time. Also I haven't watched them(Disney Animation Canon) all yet though I'm working on it and have seen most at one point or another in my live time

I think right now I'd say these are my 10 favorites:
  • Moana
  • Lilo & Stitch
  • Beauty and The Beast
  • Mulan
  • The Emperor's New Groove
  • Tangled
  • Big Hero 6
  • Wreck-It Ralph
  • Aladdin
  • The Lion King
I think I'd pick differently based on different criteria. Like, if the question was for soundtracks I'd definitely place the Princess and the Frog and Hercules into my top 10, heck even The hunchback of Notre Dame, a movie I personally am not fond of would make it in thanks to its soundtrack.

Like Spockanortsaid there aren't too many Disney Animated movies I don't like and even among the ones I dislike there are usually aspects I do enjoy.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Fantasia
Lion King
PatF
Hercules
Mulan
Atlantis
Moana
Tangled
Treasure Planet
Zootopia
Ichabod and Mr. Crane
Tarzan
Three Amigos

Fantasia is my favorite Disney film with everything else in loose order

ImVentus

Awards
Out of the Disney library I can enjoy the most of the lot, but I personally feel happy revisiting these.

. Brother Bear
. Lilo & Stitch
. Tarzan
. Enchanted
. Emperor's New Groove
. The Chronicles of Narnia from 2005
The Lion King, The Jungle Book, Big Hero 6 & Mulan as honourable mention. Usually these 4 films are not revisited as often as the ones above, cause they got the charm of being revisited every once in a while when having a rough day. Especially Big Hero 6.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Let's see, in no particular order (although Mulan and Big Hero 6 are probably my favourites):
  • Aladdin
  • The Lion King
  • The Rescuers Down Under
  • The Little Mermaid
  • Mulan
  • Tangled
  • Wreck-it Ralph
  • Big Hero 6
(BTW all the original animated versions, NO LIVE ACTION).

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Honestly, I love most of them. Though my favorites shuffle around with the ages, my sentimental top 3 usually never flinch. Also, the older I get, the more I really appreciate Walt's First Five. They show some true grit, and I have mad respect for the labor and technical innovation involved.

I'll just put a current top 10 in chronological release order:

- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
- Pinocchio
- Dumbo
- Bambi
- Cinderella
- Sleeping Beauty
- The Black Cauldron
- The Little Mermaid
- Aladdin
- Tarzan

A top 20 would likely include Fantasia, The Three Caballeros, Fun and Fancy Free, Alice in Wonderland, The Sword in the Stone, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Treasure Planet, Wreck-it-Ralph, and Big Hero Six. See? This is hard.

And I actually have yet to see a small smattering like Princess and the Frog, Moana and Frozen II. I think I have a future date with Disney+.

PikaPal

Awards
My favorites include The Jungle Book, 101 Dalmatians, Beauty and the Beast, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Robin Hood, Aladdin, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh and The Lion King.

Barrett

Awards
Really hard to pick from a large selection of movies I really like in general so here are some of the movies that I either currently feel some nostalgia for or would happily put as background noise.
  • Cinderella
  • Sleeping Beauty
  • 101 Dalmatians
  • The Rescuers
  • The Great Mouse Detective
  • The Little Mermaid
  • Fantasia 2000
  • The Emperor's New Groove
  • Atlantis: The Lost Empire
  • Lilo & Stitch
  • ...Home on the Range 😶
  • The Princess and the Frog
  • Tangled
  • Frozen
  • Moana
  • Frozen II
Although if I ever had to choose just one film out of the Disney Animated Canon that I appreciate, it would hands down be Beauty and the Beast. There's just a lot going for it, especially when you look at the film's production history with how much hard work and love went into this. The final version of the film was done on a tight schedule with no confidence from higher ups and yet came they were able to produce this beautifully crafted animated piece. We're approaching this film's 30th anniversary and honestly, everything holds up so well to this day—the visuals, the storytelling, the music... I've never seen a film that perfectly fits the bill as "timeless" as well as this honestly.

WaltK

Awards
My all time favourite is Beauty and the Beast. That movie has just resonated with me since I was very young, and I don’t really know why. I guess, for one thing, Belle reminds me so much of my big sister, who would have been around Belle’s age when I was a toddler.

In later years, I’d go on to appreciate it on a whole new level upon learning about all the behind the scenes stuff with how it came to be, the historical significance of it, the story of Howard Ashman, etc.

The movie really does mean so much to me.

Epic Mickey

Awards
Let's see, in no particular order (although Mulan and Big Hero 6 are probably my favourites):
  • Aladdin
  • The Lion King
  • The Little Mermaid
  • Mulan
  • Tangled
  • Wreck-it Ralph
  • Big Hero 6
(BTW all the original animated versions, NO LIVE ACTION).

Aladdin most def and of course the others here are just as amazing in the list. I can remember getting Lion king on VHS and it was the coolest day ever cause I loved Lion King when it was a big deal. Wreck It Ralph for sure here too; one of the coolest films ever made.

Back