• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Politics What Do You Think About President Biden So Far?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards
Well, anything's better than the far right fascist we had before.

There are many ways in which he should be better. There are even ways in which he is a bit... bad. But I sleep a lot easier than I did before. As an LGBT person, I'm particularly happy to see someone more progressive on that, and not someone that is spending every second trying to destroy them.

Awards
Undergrad is about $20k a year at a good school. The first 2 years of college are a hell of a lot cheaper if you go to junior college, which is the route everyone should take. No need to do those first 2 years in a 4 year. Total waste of money. The $50k would pay for your whole BA. There are much more expensive schools in the Ivy Leagues and private/non-state schools, but I really wouldn't be going to those without scholarships. As my professors told us, Masters can be skipped, it's just a way to fund the PhD programs. They said go straight for the PhD after the BA, and if no one is willing to pay for you to get your PhD (scholarships), then you're not ready. A lot of people go for their doctorate and end up dropping out.

I paid for my college without a dime from the government or a loan, so I have no idea what the interest they charge on loans is. That's where the real question of is $50k a good amount. I see that $50k and think that it's far too much, but it depends on the interest.

Also, yes some conservatives look at our country and think it's Far-Left under Biden, as they did under Obama. It's definitely not. You can look at countries in Scandinavia to compare the US with. But as for Far-Right, you can compare the US to many countries in Africa and the Middle East. Definitely not Far-Right. We're moderates. Being moderate is also the only way you can have a relatively happy population that's this big and this diverse. You have to be somewhat in the middle to accommodate everyone or it's not democratic. You can get away with being much more Left or Right in small countries but we're far too big to have a government that authoritative. We'd have to split into smaller countries. Unfortunately, far too many people in this country are somewhere far to the Right or Left and like to play tug-of-war with the system.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Pretty much this. Even British Conservatives talk about social programs.

But not US Conservatives. Or at least, not the popular ones.
The British Conservatives offered the choice of Brexit to the general public as if it was actually going to be a benefit for the country. The British Conservatives also went through three different leaderships because they had no idea how to handle Brexit negotiations.

They have their own problematic issues that remind us why right-wing government is fundamentally detrimental.

2 quid is good

Awards
If we could get lower gas prices, that would be great
*squints* Is this a Pakistani talking about their economy or an American

It's funny how universal this stuff becomes once a country gets decent governance. Not that Pakistan's current government is brilliant but considering the filth that came before, the current government is great. And yet people complain about how the military and convicted gonverments were better because "potatoes cost less back then".

It amazes me how quickly people forget that the news channels were practically dedicated to drones and bombs and attacks and now these same experts suddenly have to talk about things like inflation and the economy. That alone proves how much more relatively stable the country's become.

Anyway, seeing that comment just reminded me of the small parallels

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I've been happy for the past few weeks with the end of the war as well as all the sanctions on Russia. :D I really wish there was some way they could at least get term limits on Supreme Court picks through. Maybe that at least would ease all the tension in this country every time a vacancy comes up that, oh, civil rights are about to be reversed at the drop of the hat without being able to be undone for a decade or more. Has anyone heard about the anti-trans bill in Florida with "genital checks"? That's going to get *major* pushback even from people who are anti-gay; no parent is going to allow their children to be "checked" by adults in the locker rooms. That's just sick.

As for other political news, I won't be surprised if Floyd's murderer walks free, sadly. The protests will be massive. :(

Elysium

Awards
^ Sorry, I was referring to the withdrawal of troops from Afghanistan, that happened because of the Iraq War. I think we withdrew troops from Iraq back in 2011.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Has anyone heard about the anti-trans bill in Florida with "genital checks"? That's going to get *major* pushback even from people who are anti-gay; no parent is going to allow their children to be "checked" by adults in the locker rooms. That's just sick.
Yikes, not sure which Red State has the worse version of an Anti-Trans law. Texas makes it a felony to give your Trans-kid live saving medication, because despite totally being reversible, puberty blockers to prevent trauma and give the teen more time to figure themselves out seems to be a crime to some.

Personally I'm still not sure what to think of Biden. He's delivered on some fronts but has fallen short on other important matters. The fact that he went over congress to bomb a Syrian militia, isn't really comforting.
I'm not thrilled that he's not pressuring Joe Manchin and Krysten Sinema to play ball and help reform the Filibuster and pass things like HR1. With the targeted voting laws popping up this could cost them dearly. The harder it is to vote the harder it is for the Democrats to win and the more off rails the Republicans can go.

AegisXIII

Awards
By the way, how is he dealing with covid? I haven't been keeping track of this.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
By the way, how is he dealing with covid? I haven't been keeping track of this.
From what I've seen from news outlets, it's mixed.

The vaccination is going better than here in Switzerland, most states are starting to open vaccinations to all. They also have a higher supply than most other countries.

Otherwise it sounds like it's kinda the wild west with some states lifting every protection too soon and others being more cautious.

AegisXIII

Awards
From what I've seen from news outlets, it's mixed.

The vaccination is going better than here in Switzerland, most states are starting to open vaccinations to all. They also have a higher supply than most other countries.

Otherwise it sounds like it's kinda the wild west with some states lifting every protection too soon and others being more cautious.
Wait, we have vaccinations in Switzerland? 😂

AegisXIII

Awards
Funny how we were jocking about this, this morning and now I actually got my appointment for the vaccination, guess Switzerland isnt as slow as we thought.
Wow. Good for you! I am in Valais, where they produce the vaccines for the entire Europe. Well guess what, they are the slowest. XD

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Wow. Good for you! I am in Valais, where they produce the vaccines for the entire Europe. Well guess what, they are the slowest. XD
Funny how that works. My asthma bumped me up a few groups from my peers age wise.

Also I thought we Bernese were the slow ones, at lwast according to my coworkers from Zürich Haha

Somnus cealum

Awards
i never wanted trump of biden to be president. but so far so good. i heard rumors that in 2022 biden is gonna have this place like china witch means you will be forced to take a job and not choice one for your self.

and i heard the new vic president is gonna "take out" biden and she will take over and its all gonna be hell. i don't believe in rumors unless there is proof.

but biden did wave at a empty field and start smelling people for no reason so i hope that he is not the meme people make him out to be. and he has some thing that he forgets a lot and hes old or sum.

so if he dont take our rights in guns, religion, and love (lgbt etc), speech then i will be happy.

Willow A113

Awards
i never wanted trump of biden to be president. but so far so good. i heard rumors that in 2022 biden is gonna have this place like china witch means you will be forced to take a job and not choice one for your self.

and i heard the new vic president is gonna "take out" biden and she will take over and its all gonna be hell. i don't believe in rumors unless there is proof.

but biden did wave at a empty field and start smelling people for no reason so i hope that he is not the meme people make him out to be. and he has some thing that he forgets a lot and hes old or sum.

so if he dont take our rights in guns, religion, and love (lgbt etc), speech then i will be happy.
Yeah, my parents can go on for hours about how Biden wants to take over the world.
I choose not to believe anything they say after the potatohead incident.
Course, if someone I trust said it

Elysium

Awards
Yeah, I've noticed there's a hysteria about Kamala Harris in the way the Right talks about her that isn't directed at Biden--or, rather, they've tried, but it doesn't seem to stick with a White guy, I guess--which is funny because he's the one with all the power here... I think this is normal for them, when you look at how they've treated Hillary, Gretchen Whitmer, Maxine Waters, the Squad, and now Kamala. The squad for example have politics much more extreme than the rest of those, but they all are lumped together as if they're the same. They especially like to typecast Black female figures as dangerous and threatening the same way they demonize Black protesters or civil rights as coming to "take" something from you. How many times have you heard one line from one of those women taken and repeated ad nauseum out-of-context and people from all sides lecture them about being careful about their words over something they didn't even say, but then Biden has the "Neanderthal-thinking" slip-up and it's forgotten in a week.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Republicans are trying to attack Kamala as if there's no tomorrow because she could virtually be the POTUS candidate for 2024. Biden said he'd run for reelection, but dunno. I think it could be a strategy to keep the spotlight on him in order to preserve Harris' image and not burn her out, which is precisely what Democrats did with Trump: burn the hell out of his image. Harris already has the female and Black vote locked. If rumors are true, Mayor Pete could be her VP choice. They'd already have veterans, White and LGBT votes with him. What does the GOP has to offer? DiSantis-Haley?

More importantly, Dems need to be wary with their legislations and/or failure of policy and could lose the Senate.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
He’s almost at his 100 days. I mean he’s doing OK. The stimulus package was big and the country is doing well with vaccinations. Certainly less chaotic than Trump. I really don’t think foreign relations is his strong suite, but we’ll see.

Back