• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What do you Think about Xion?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Allster Rose said:
I have no idea how you conjured up that the characters were written because of xion. that is defintely pushing it.

Oh, not me. But a lot of people dislike Xion because they had a certain view about the Organization and Days didn't live up to it. So they blame Xion and say her being written into the game is what made the writers write the other characters in this manner.

I was also upset about it being like this, but at the same time something this simple was obviously probable.

I don't find either occurance to be complicated, truth be told. But I prefer that the NEW character (Xion) to be replica and one that went away to boot rather than have an existing character whose story the series is SUPPOSED to be telling to be retconned into being a proxy for someone else

so it's not like BBS retconned anything, it just revealed more that was already planned. Days retconned more scenes than realized and arely did an affect.

If this is his rushed planning vs. planning that took years, I think I prefer his rushed planning. I also prefer him writing the script.

I dont know what that means, ansem reports state the memory transfer between him and sora lasted so short, hardly any made it to roxas. or i misunderstanding what your saying

You REALLY misunderstood. The Memories leaked from Sora to Roxas and from there to Xion. Remove Xion and Sora's Memories remain within Roxas. Nobodies who absorb their Somebodies' Memories become closer to them. Look at the rest of the org. So if Roxas would've been the one with the Memories, he'd be a blonde Sora and act closer to him, most likely. Unless of course we're dealing with the Ven factor which can help explain why Xion considered those Memories to be her own while Roxas seems to have been more of an onlooker and saw the boy in red but that only means Xion's even more necessary for this mess to unfold.

well she does look cute and somewhat adorable, but she didn't have any flaws flaws within personality because there wasn't enough room for her.

I personally don't want flawed characters if they don't get redemption acts. That's the true redemption I find in "redeeming flaws". I don't want broken friendships if they don't get mended. I don't need forced, say-so characters and couples and BFFs. Xion was cute because she was honest and actually cared about Roxas and Axel and did her very best, even if she messed up. Call if a Mary Sue, vomit at the clicheness, whatever. I cherish her for those exact reasons.

What does this have to do with anything? Certain specific theories i made in the past
that many have ignored were dead on. i dont see why this affects our conversation.

To show likely importance on her part. Most people write her off as useless because unlike BBS, she didn't came to explain KH2 - she came to become a possible framework for future installments. And BBS gives her more material to work with.

but that was barely important in days, see that what days does, it only hints the upcoming titles, but doesn't have anything for itself other than explaining dual wielding.

Chain of Memories only "hinted" at upcoming titles. But remove it and you basically remove most of the series as we know it today. It's a game in a freaking series, it's not supposed to be a stand-alone title. To top it all it's one of the three games that they released because they basically finished the story in KH2 with a rather happy ending. They need material and they need it fast.

goldpanner said:
You must think Riku is a real idiot, then. To put all of Sora at risk (right after a conversation with Namine in which the danger was clearly stated to him) over one little piece of him. This is what canon says, but I think it is a flaky device made up to drag out Xion's plot, that doesn't do justice to Riku.

We already know Riku had issues facing Sora and the rest of his friends, and not doing whatever it took even for the cause. Ironically, Xion did give him a reason to drag Roxas by the hair - it was either that or Roxas would've gone bye bye. So he dragged Roxas back.
And I don't think he's an idiot. I think he just has a lot of issues and that he didn't want to dirty his hands any more than he did. Sora's basically a saint especially post BBS. "He'd have found another way" must've been going through Riku's head all the time, especially when he looked up and saw the Kairi-Sora hybrid in front of him actually giving him the time of day when he asked her to basically wipe herself from existence.
So no, not an idiot, just a messed up kid who wants to see his friend again but not at the cost of being unworthy of it.

Last edited:

Allister Rose

French Lover
Oh, not me. But a lot of people dislike Xion because they had a certain view about the Organization and Days didn't live up to it. So they blame Xion and say her being written into the game is what made the writers write the other characters in this manner.
Not me, i knew we wouldn't get much out of days. And no, we're not blaming XIon for lack of organization 13 background.

I don't find either occurance to be complicated, truth be told. But I prefer that the NEW character (Xion) to be replica and one that went away to boot rather than have an existing character whose story the series is SUPPOSED to be telling to be retconned into being a proxy for someone else
but it wasn't retconned. that adn the spoilers made no sense.

[/quote]If this is his rushed planning vs. planning that took years, I think I prefer his rushed planning. I also prefer him writing the script.Either way, days was the one that retconned and even nomura himself gave days the rank of spin-off while he says BBS is like a kh0.

You REALLY misunderstood. The Memories leaked from Sora to Roxas and from there to Xion. Remove Xion and Sora's Memories remain within Roxas. Nobodies who absorb their Somebodies' Memories become closer to them. Look at the rest of the org. So if Roxas would've been the one with the Memories, he'd be a blonde Sora and act closer to him, most likely. Unless of course we're dealing with the Ven factor which can help explain why Xion considered those Memories to be her own while Roxas seems to have been more of an onlooker and saw the boy in red but that only means Xion's even more necessary for this mess to unfold.
but thats where further retcon goes and more complications. Xion was a mirror, so if she had more dominant memories of someone else, she would look like that or if someone remembered something that they see in her, she takes their appearing in their eyes. In kh2 there was no hint of "leaked" memories.

I personally don't want flawed characters if they don't get redemption acts. That's the true redemption I find in "redeeming flaws". I don't want broken friendships if they don't get mended. I don't need forced, say-so characters and couples and BFFs. Xion was cute because she was honest and actually cared about Roxas and Axel and did her very best, even if she messed up. Call if a Mary Sue, vomit at the clicheness, whatever. I cherish her for those exact reasons.
theres a flawed character that redeems themselves, and theres a character who has flaws that changes to what they are now. i think she owud've been more interesting if she earned axel and roxas's trust rather than being friends so quickly.

still you're far more bias than most. I personally like xion as a character in general, just hate her story, her fainting, her actions basically.

To show likely importance on her part. Most people write her off as useless because unlike BBS, she didn't came to explain KH2 - she came to become a possible framework for future installments. And BBS gives her more material to work with.
see, you're not doing much of the explaining.

[/quote]Chain of Memories only "hinted" at upcoming titles. But remove it and you basically remove most of the series as we know it today. It's a game in a freaking series, it's not supposed to be a stand-alone title. To top it all it's one of the three games that they released because they basically finished the story in KH2 with a rather happy ending. They need material and they need it fast.[/QUOTE]

Not exactly, COM made up the plot of kh2, rather than just being hinted. Days wasjust like you said a possible frame work. If we don't have COM we don't have kh2.

Days was thought up and made AFTER kh2 and hinted nothing on the future (until re:Coded)

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
i think she owud've been more interesting if she earned axel and roxas's trust rather than being friends so quickly.

I actually didn't think they became friends so quickly. It took Roxas several days of being completely lonely to open up to Xion, and Axel seemed downright untrusting of her at first. It wasn't until a while later he called her his best friend.
I personally don't find it any better or worse than AkuRoku's instant-BFFness-over-ice-cream routine.

see, you're not doing much of the explaining.

I did, it's just that like in most of your debates you don't understand the English :\

Not exactly, COM made up the plot of kh2, rather than just being hinted. Days wasjust like you said a possible frame work. If we don't have COM we don't have kh2.

The only reason why Days is a POSSIBLE framework is because we don't have 3D and KH3 to see how it came to be. CoM has KH2, so it's important NOW. Don't judge now, is all I've been saying forever now.

Days was thought up and made AFTER kh2 and hinted nothing on the future (until re:Coded)

Future =\= KH2. And seeing how the future wasn't even RELEASED, you can't say it didn't hint towards it. Time will tell about that.

Allister Rose

French Lover
I actually didn't think they became friends so quickly. It took Roxas several days of being completely lonely to open up to Xion, and Axel seemed downright untrusting of her at first. It wasn't until a while later he called her his best friend.
I personally don't find it any better or worse than AkuRoku's instant-BFFness-over-ice-cream routine.
i prefer akuroku...in the end Xion wasn't much of help to the trio

I did, it's just that like in most of your debates you don't understand the English :\
no you didn't....you just said it, but didn't explain it.

The only reason why Days is a POSSIBLE framework is because we don't have 3D and KH3 to see how it came to be. CoM has KH2, so it's important NOW. Don't judge now, is all I've been saying forever now.
well it's not just a possible framework but at the same time, it only added more nuissance to the story. I preferred Days to be a stand alone rather than be part of the series. XIon did so much damage to the series and it has to be cleaned up now.

COM didn't end in the crosspaths with sora still chasing pluto. DAys on the other hand pretty much led up to everything we already know and nothing more, thats the difference between days and COM.

Future =\= KH2. And seeing how the future wasn't even RELEASED, you can't say it didn't hint towards it. Time will tell about that.
I'm saying Days hinted nothing beyond BBD.

Allister Rose

French Lover
And like I said - you didn't know Sora and Riku's Memories were mixing, right? But 3D and KH3 might just talk about that, right? So. Derp.
because they weren't until days come in. you see, days causes more problems than create mysteries.

Allister Rose

French Lover
And Sora's Memories weren't in pieces until CoM came along, what's your point?
but were brought back in kh2, which showe d a drastic change in setting between kh1 and kh2, not to mention time gap. you're ignoring these aspects on purpose.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
We already know Riku had issues facing Sora and the rest of his friends, and not doing whatever it took even for the cause.

Yes, Riku had issues facing Sora and Kairi--the real ones. He had no trouble facing Namine, or Roxas. What has this got to do with Xion?

No, Riku didn't have issues doing 'whatever it took'. That's why he went creepy in the opening, to do whatever it took to get off the island. That's why he went along with Maleficent, to do whatever it took to save Kairi. That's why he succumbed and ended up looking like Ansem, to do whatever it took to take Roxas. That's why he went to enormous levels of self sacrifice all through KH2, to do whatever it took to help Sora and atone.

Ironically, Xion did give him a reason to drag Roxas by the hair - it was either that or Roxas would've gone bye bye. So he dragged Roxas back.

I don't understand what you're trying to say... He would have had a reason to drag Roxas by the hair no matter what. Sora needed the memories in him to wake up. Xion didn't create that reason...

I think he just has a lot of issues and that he didn't want to dirty his hands any more than he did. Sora's basically a saint especially post BBS. "He'd have found another way" must've been going through Riku's head all the time, especially when he looked up and saw the Kairi-Sora hybrid in front of him actually giving him the time of day when he asked her to basically wipe herself from existence.
So no, not an idiot, just a messed up kid who wants to see his friend again but not at the cost of being unworthy of it.

Except he was willing to dirty his hands to help Sora, which is why he wore the blindfold, which is why he kept on using darkness, which is why he followed DiZ's orders, which is why he ended up giving in to Ansem's powers and getting stuck like that.

He already went through the 'I must embrace my darkness so I can see Sora and Kairi again' arc in CoM--

Kairi: You can't fade. No power can defeat you — not the light, not the dark. So don't run from the light — and don't fear the darkness. Both will make you stronger.
Riku: Darkness, too?
Kairi: Especially darkness. Because that power is yours alone. The darkness in your heart is vast and deep...but if you can stare into it unflinching, you'll never know fear again.
Riku: All this time I've been pushing the darkness away...
Kairi: Just be brave. Know that the darkness is there and don't give in. Do that, and you'll gain strength unlike any other. You'll be able to escape the deepest darkness —
Riku: — and I'll be able to see through the brightest light...
Kairi: Follow the darkness, Riku. It'll show you the way to the friends you miss.
Riku: But can I face them...
Kairi: You don't want to?
Riku: You know I do. And I will! The darkness — MY darkness — will show me the way! (reappearing) Darkness, awaken!

--why regress? Oh, almost forgot. Days is a pile of crap.

In_a_Quandary

thats where another Dive and kh2 opening comes in. xemnas told him.

Deep Dive was merely a concept trailer. Are you referring to the following scene, then?

Xemnas: I've been to see him. He looks a lot like you.
Roxas: Who are you?
Xemnas: I'm what's left. Or...maybe I'm all there ever was.
Roxas: I meant your name.
Xemnas: My name is of no importance. What about you? Do you remember your true name?
Roxas: My true name is...
Xemnas: You have been with us for six days now. The time has come... (soundlessly) Sora.

Nomura mentioned that this scene didn't actually occur in reality - it was symbolic. Regardless, Roxas knows of Sora and that he is somehow connected to Sora through his dreams and random flashbacks. But this connection, unlike his parasitic relationship with Xion, didn't have any serious detrimental effects.

Let's take the hypothetical situation where Xion wasn't around. If Roxas asked about Sora, Xemnas would probably have replied that the memories of his past life were simply returning - albeit belatedly - to him. Roxas would then have concluded that Sora was the Somebody he had once been - therefore Sora is no more - and that would be the end of that. Nobody in the Org would mention to Roxas that Sora is still alive - they wouldn't have any reason to.

As for the Keyblade, I don't think Roxas ever came by the information that Keyblade wielders are chosen by the quality of their hearts. If you recall in the beginning of Days, he had no objections as to accepting the fact that he was unique in his ability to wield the Keyblade. It captures hearts released from defeating Heartless (and sends them to the artificial Kingdom Hearts) - so what? A convenient side-effect, eliminating the harmful Heartless from an area. He never learned of its mystique beyond that. It was due to the fact that Xion also wielded it that Roxas questions the validity of its ownership.

What I'm saying is that Xion's presence exacerbated his awareness of Sora and the Keyblade, eventually inciting his defection from the Org to learn of what was deliberately withheld from him. Without her, he would have remained blissfully ignorant.

She didn't really do any actions worthy of remembering her other than fighting roxas and that one scene where we see her as ventus. It would have been great if she did something that Roxas couldn't or did something worth trying.

I think her sacrifice, in addition to being an aid in Roxas' character development, is enough to make her memorable.

Edit: Oops, looks like the debate already took off without me.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Yes, Riku had issues facing Sora and Kairi--the real ones. He had no trouble facing Namine, or Roxas. What has this got to do with Xion?

Last I checked he did have trouble facing Roxas when push came to shove.
And, well, he didn't know whose Nobody Namine was for some bizzare reason. But he knew that Xion was "the Kairi in Sora".

That's why he went creepy in the opening, to do whatever it took to get off the island. That's why he went along with Maleficent, to do whatever it took to save Kairi. That's why he succumbed and ended up looking like Ansem, to do whatever it took to take Roxas. That's why he went to enormous levels of self sacrifice all through KH2, to do whatever it took to help Sora and atone.

You're confusing ways of "doing whatever it took".
KH1 Riku did whatever it took because he didn't care. Because he was eaten away by Darkness.
Then came CoM and onwards and Diz told Riku to off Namine, somewhat of a logical conclusion even without his drive for revenge if you see what running into her did to Sora, and Riku refused. Riku stopped being the person who kidnapps six stranger girls because a mad old hag that unleashed Heartless onto the worlds told him it'd help save Kairi and beat Sora. He became someone who didn't do whatever it took if the price was too high.

Saying that KH2 Riku's redemption act is the same as what he did in KH1 that he needed to redeem himself for... to each their own, I suppose.

Except he was willing to dirty his hands to help Sora, which is why he wore the blindfold, which is why he kept on using darkness, which is why he followed DiZ's orders, which is why he ended up giving in to Ansem's powers and getting stuck like that.

Diz told him to off Namine. That's not following Diz's orders.
He wore the blindfold to hold the Darkness back. He was ashamed of himself. Why make it worse?

He already went through the 'I must embrace my darkness so I can see Sora and Kairi again' arc in CoM--

--why regress?

I fail to see a regression. He did embrace his Darkness, but Riku's whole motif is embracing the Darkness =\= becoming a complete and utter bitch. Darkness is NOT vile and filthy, people's weakness that attracts the Darkness is.
In that sense I'm GLAD Days is a "pile of crap" as you put it. That Riku stopped being that cold and heartless and a complete bastard like he was in KH1. That the price matters to him. That he'd do whatever it takes - but not at all costs.

In_a_Quandary said:
-lots of things I really really agree with

;w; ♥

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Roxas would then have concluded that Sora was the Somebody he had once been - therefore Sora is no more - and that would be the end of that. Nobody in the Org would mention to Roxas that Sora is still alive - they wouldn't have any reason to.

But then, Roxas would start getting memories of Castle Oblivion and seeing Axel, and he would start to get suspicious...

This already happened in Days, with Xion. She got Sora memories, Axel told her it was just her past memories coming back. Then she remembered seeing him in Castle Oblivion, and confronted him about it. To which he tried to bullshit it away, to which she ran away to find her own answers, defecting from the Organisation.

So... that argument has already been proven in canon not to work.

It was due to the fact that Xion also wielded it that Roxas questions the validity of its ownership.

I don't remember him questioning it's validity past 'omg! someone like me! :D *gives ice cream*'

Without her, he would have remained blissfully ignorant.

As the events in Days stand, yes. But I will always think that they could have written a rather different story.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
But then, Roxas would start getting memories of Castle Oblivion and seeing Axel, and he would start to get suspicious...

This already happened in Days, with Xion. She got Sora memories, Axel told her it was just her past memories coming back. Then she remembered seeing him in Castle Oblivion, and confronted him about it. To which he tried to bullshit it away, to which she ran away to find her own answers, defecting from the Organisation.

I have to wonder how much Xion actually being to Castle Oblivion had to do with this. They already said in game that they didn't let Roxas and Xion go to Castle Oblivion for no good reason, after all, so despite that argument not working in-canon, one has to wonder if they'd have a reason to try it at all.

I don't remember him questioning it's validity past 'omg! someone like me! :D *gives ice cream*'

They did make an issue out of them both being Special Nobodies. And without her, Roxas would have his own unique weapon like the rest of the Organization. It's a lot less suspicious.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Last I checked he did have trouble facing Roxas when push came to shove.

What, telling DiZ 'poor thing'?

And, well, he didn't know whose Nobody Namine was for some bizzare reason. But he knew that Xion was "the Kairi in Sora".

Namine still had the same face.

Then came CoM and onwards and Diz told Riku to off Namine, somewhat of a logical conclusion even without his drive for revenge if you see what running into her did to Sora, and Riku refused. Riku stopped being the person who kidnapps six stranger girls because a mad old hag that unleashed Heartless onto the worlds told him it'd help save Kairi and beat Sora. He became someone who didn't do whatever it took if the price was too high.

Hang on. But that happened after he already took Roxas, much further into his development arc, after he'd succumbed into Ansem's form. So being lenient for Xion is still regressing.

Saying that KH2 Riku's redemption act is the same as what he did in KH1 that he needed to redeem himself for... to each their own, I suppose.

No, I am saying that it is a character trait of Riku's to do whatever it takes for his friends, which in the end didn't go away even at the end of KH2: it just evolved into him willing to sacrifice himself for his friends (events through KH2, taking the blow for Sora in their battle, willing to live in the RoD for Kairi and Mickey) instead of being willing to sacrifice others. His redemption act was only halfway through when he met Xion--by all rights, coming straight out of the mentality we saw in CoM, he should have been at his most ready with his newly-embraced darkness.

Until I see a better reason than 'she was a piece of Sora!' then I'm not going to think much past rolling my eyes at it.

And you have me wrong, I didn't mean 'embracing darkness' as Riku's motif; I meant the development arc in CoM. He started CoM hating his darkness, wanting to avoid it and feeling insecure that he was nothing without it, and ended CoM having embraced it as his natural power to harness.

In that sense I'm GLAD Days is a "pile of crap" as you put it. That Riku stopped being that cold and heartless and a complete bastard like he was in KH1. That the price matters to him. That he'd do whatever it takes - but not at all costs.

Except he learned that price mattered just for Xion, then regressed to be cold and heartless for Roxas, then re-learned empathy watching him in TWTN, and then grew to realise price mattered to him and not kill Namine...

I have to wonder how much Xion actually being to Castle Oblivion had to do with this.

If the unchained links were flowing into Roxas, then it stands to reason he would get CO memories, going there or not.

They did make an issue out of them both being Special Nobodies. And without her, Roxas would have his own unique weapon like the rest of the Organization. It's a lot less suspicious.

Except then he would have been the only one with the power to collect hearts. None of them could do that, and he was already beginning to wonder why he was the only one and why he was special when he figured out Xion could too, realised he wasn't as special as he thought (about having no memories, too), and settled into his ice cream.

In_a_Quandary

I have to wonder how much Xion actually being to Castle Oblivion had to do with this. They already said in game that they didn't let Roxas and Xion go to Castle Oblivion for no good reason, after all, so despite that argument not working in-canon, one has to wonder if they'd have a reason to try it at all.

As Smile said, Roxas had been expressly denied access to Castle Oblivion. In the event that Roxas receives Sora's memories of C.O, Axel would have been able to bullshit it away as past memories, since Roxas never had the opportunity to familiarize himself with C.O's interiors and hence recognize the whereabouts of Sora's and Axel's meeting.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
As Smile said, Roxas had been expressly denied access to Castle Oblivion. In the event that Roxas receives Sora's memories of C.O, Axel would have been able to bullshit it away as past memories, since Roxas never had the opportunity to familiarize himself with C.O's interiors and hence recognize the whereabouts of Sora's and Axel's meeting.

That doesn't mean anything. Whether he had been in CO or not, the point would have been him meeting Axel and Larxene and everyone, without Axel ever having mentioned that he knew his Other.

And then one day, Roxas would receive the memory of Sora going into the pod--since it was de-linked and would have flowed into him--and he would be rather suspicious and angry.

Not to mention that in this hypothetical situation, Riku would probably have found a way to make contact with him and provide more reasons for doubt and questioning, just as this happened with Xion.

edit: and according to the novels, Xion was dreaming of CO and Axel before she went there, which was why she brought it up with Axel in that post-Neverland conversation. You can read the chapter here...

Last edited:

In_a_Quandary

That doesn't mean anything. Whether he had been in CO or not, the point would have been him meeting Axel and Larxene and everyone, without Axel ever having mentioned that he knew his Other.

And then one day, Roxas would receive the memory of Sora going into the pod--since it was de-linked and would have flowed into him--and he would be rather suspicious and angry.

Bah, I knew you'd see the flaw in that argument. I saw it mere moments after I posted.

Not to mention that in this hypothetical situation, Riku would probably have found a way to make contact with him and provide more reasons for doubt and questioning, just as this happened with Xion.

Would Roxas have willingly gone with Riku and given up his chance at life to merge with Sora for supposed 'completion', though? I think not.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Bah, I knew you'd see the flaw in that argument. I saw it mere moments after I posted.

Sokay~ <3

Would Roxas have willingly gone with Riku and given up his chance at life to merge with Sora for supposed 'completion', though? I think not.

No, of course not. I would have hated that too :p But I would like to think they fought at least once before the 'deep dive' fight, in which Roxas won, and that seeing Riku triggered memories inside him, like what happened to Xion. When the Org made Xion fight Riku, she started to get weird feelings of 'not allowed to lose to Riku' and the like. Then she went into a coma, remember?

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
What, telling DiZ 'poor thing'?

Facing Sora's Nobody.

Hang on. But that happened after he already took Roxas, much further into his development arc, after he'd succumbed into Ansem's form. So being lenient for Xion is still regressing.

It depends on what you think his struggle is about. I don't see it as "sacrificing other people for his selfish needs". That seems to be the Darkness inside him talking, and is more what he regretted ever since the end of KH1. His struggle was with the Darkness, and the "journey", his "ascension" was more from "I'll fight the Darkness and redeem myself!" to "I'll redeem myself WITH my Darkness!"
So how much Darkness Riku used, or didn't use, doesn't make him any colder or warmer imo. That was settled at the end of KH1.

His redemption act was only halfway through when he met Xion--by all rights, coming straight out of the mentality we saw in CoM, he should have been at his most ready with his newly-embraced darkness.

and again, that's contradicting Riku's basic concept. So he embraced the Darkness, so what. So now he goes and sacrifices things and does basically what made him loath the Darkenss to begin with? Yeah, I see Riku a mite differently than you do.

He started CoM hating his darkness, wanting to avoid it and feeling insecure that he was nothing without it, and ended CoM having embraced it as his natural power to harness.

For the sake of good. It was HIS Darkness to use as he sees fit. Nothing in there about dragging people by the hair.

Except he learned that price mattered just for Xion, then regressed to be cold and heartless for Roxas, then re-learned empathy watching him in TWTN, and then grew to realise price mattered to him and not kill Namine...

Both Xion and Namine would've been sacrificed. Well, they were sacrificed anyway it just wasn't half as much on Riku's hands as had it been if he'd have been the one to do the did.
With Roxas, it was the other way around. Say Riku let Roxas go. Roxas does what? Get killed by Xemnas. I'd say that's pretty damn counter-productive all around and stands in rather perfect coordination with everything else so far considering he basically saved Roxas.
Then we have the complication that Diz walked in, not really giving Riku the option of running away with him even if he was considering it, in light of having became everything he hated in the process.

If the unchained links were flowing into Roxas, then it stands to reason he would get CO memories, going there or not.

How much did he really see though? And again, how much were "flashes of the boy in red" and how much were "his own Memories"? There's a difference in approach which comes to show a great deal of why Roxas and Xion acted differently despite both housing Memories of Sora.

Except then he would have been the only one with the power to collect hearts. None of them could do that, and he was already beginning to wonder why he was the only one and why he was special when he figured out Xion could too, realised he wasn't as special as he thought (about having no memories, too), and settled into his ice cream.

One has to wonder though how much he'd have still wondered if they told him it was because his Somebody would've had it. Roxas had several times, not only once, settled for the explanation of "you'll understand when you have a Heart" for different reasons. I don't find this to be too unsimilar.

In_a_Quandary

No, of course not. I would have hated that too :p But I would like to think they fought at least once before the 'deep dive' fight, in which Roxas won, and that seeing Riku triggered memories inside him, like what happened to Xion. When the Org made Xion fight Riku, she started to get weird feelings of 'not allowed to lose to Riku' and the like. Then she went into a coma, remember?

Hmm, are we still operating on 'Xion didn't exist' hypothetical situation? Say Roxas leaves the Org after regaining Sora's C.O memories. Since he knows this would mean a literal death sentence, he would make himself scarce. Not only will Riku have difficulty tracking him because of this, but Roxas, upon seeing Riku's Org coat disguise, would also instinctively flee. If Riku pursues and corners Roxas, Roxas would probably kill Riku out of sheer desperation before Riku has a chance to transform into Ansem.

And KHII as we know it wouldn't exist. =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back