• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What do you Think about Xion?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xpectra No. Zero

¬¬ ok i just need to say----XION what happened with she? ¬¬ is kind of crazy or What?!....i know she just wanted save Roxas....but i didn´t like when she said.."i need return with Sora, and you have to come with me, Roxas" and then fight with him...So.. HEllo XION?! can´t you explain all to Roxas first?...poor Roxas U.u he was so confused...and then Xion said that and Roxas was like WTF?o_O haha well this is my opinion...i think Xion had other options to solve her problem U.u haha maybe without Xion,,,,Axel and Roxas would be excellent... =D post your opinions about it =)

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
That really isn't the characters fault per se, it is more of the writing. But I see where you are coming from kind of.

I don't really have anything against her, she is pretty much just like Kairi, except in a different situation.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
inb4massivepostsabouthowshittyxionis

I don't like her because she's a Mary Sue, depressed emo, pointless, etc etc blah blahh

I find Xion was a rather uninteresting plot device. I mean it says a lot when Nomura makes up a new character just because he can't do anything to make Organization XIII as is more interesting. It's sad really.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I find Xion was a rather uninteresting plot device. I mean it says a lot when Nomura makes up a new character just because he can't do anything to make Organization XIII as is more interesting. It's sad really.
wahts even more sad is that she failed at that to.

wahts even more sad is that she failed at that to.

Personally it was all badly executed. Days could've been interesting without her had Nomura spent a little more time developing an actual story around Roxas and the Organization instead of around Xion.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Personally it was all badly executed. Days could've been interesting without her had Nomura spent a little more time developing an actual story around Roxas and the Organization instead of around Xion.

it was badly executed, the story and missions both.
well cant blame nomura to much they keep giving him shit to do, which is why ffvs13 isnt done yet.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
it was badly executed, the story and missions both.
well cant blame nomura to much they keep giving him shit to do, which is why ffvs13 isnt done yet.

-Looks at KH3D when it wasn't even planned and is making me buy another damn system-

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
You can probably go to the Xion hate club and the Xion fan club for a rundown on most everyone's opinions on the matter. =) It'll save you from pages upon pages of, "Xion sucks!" and "No she doesn't, Xion's awesome!".
Trust me, I made the same mistake on my second thread here, only asking about Kairi instead of Xion. xD

inb4massivepostsabouthowshittyxionis

I don't like her because she's a Mary Sue, depressed emo, pointless, etc etc blah blahh

Pretty much this. xD A lot of people here hate Xion (though, there are many members here, so Xion still has a sizable fanbase).

D

DomTheNobody

I think that Xion is pretty annoying and can be a bit clingy at times, and evem though I don't really like her, she is kinda essential to the plot of Kingdom Hearts, because if Xion wasn't even in Kingdom Hearts, then things would have gone very differently and Roxas probably wouldn't have run away from the Organization and so on... :)

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think that Xion is pretty annoying and can be a bit clingy at times, and evem though I don't really like her, she is kinda essential to the plot of Kingdom Hearts, because if Xion wasn't even in Kingdom Hearts, then things would have gone very differently and Roxas probably wouldn't have run away from the Organization and so on... :)

I have to disagree. With or without Xion, the Org were still lying to Roxas, and Riku still wanted him for Sora. He would have left anyway, for the exact same reasons we thought he left in KH2 before Days was a twinkle in Tomoko Kanemaki's eye.

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Yea I never really had a beef with her and for a while couldn't really understand why so much of khi did as well.
While I have everyones attention I'm going to throw something out that I didn't think needed its own thread, but is kind of relevant here.

The real reason roxas can dual wield (Xion related):
As soon as Roxas is created he can instantly use the keyblade right? Well why is this? Because he has a portion, if not all of Ven's heart inside him and is therefore wielding a version of his keyblade. We only see him dual wield as a result of absorbing Xion at the end of days, and she certainly has nothing to do with ven, so what if the whole time Roxas has been wielding a version of vens keyblade, and Xion, being an imperfect clone of Sora, thereby wielded a cloned version of Sora's keyblade. And when she was absorbed, Roxas then found himself able to wield 2 keyblades.

Thinking about it, if Xemnas found Roxas with the intention of having a keyblade wielder, he would have expected him to summon sora's keyblade. What if when Roxas tried to summon it he awoke a long dormant power of vens to do so, because he was unable to summon Sora's. How could he use sora's, if sora was still using it until the end of KH1 all through chain of memories? So without anyone knowing it Roxas accidentally summoned Ven's keyblade, and upon reabsorption with Sora, allowed Sora to dual wield as well. The ability lying dormant idea could explain why Sora was never able to dual wield in KH1, and if its not true, then Sora's dual wielding ability isn't really explained. If it isn't vens keyblade that he is able to dual wield with, than it is Roxas's, which in a ven-less dualwielding theory doesn't really make sense, since Roxas's keyblade would then be soras, and sora can't exactly wield 2 of his own keyblade.

This does kind of make sense, and give Xion a bit more importance as a character in my opinion.
Watcha think?

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The real reason roxas can dual wield (Xion related):
As soon as Roxas is created he can instantly use the keyblade right? Well why is this? Because he has a portion, if not all of Ven's heart inside him and is therefore wielding a version of his keyblade.

It was already confirmed by Nomura a long, long time ago that Roxas and Sora use the same Keyblade because of their connection, i.e. they are the same person. I could go dig up the quote if you want. At the time he said this, Nomura said that the reason they could both dual wield was a mystery connected to the story of Xehanort's memories... which is BBS... so the reason for dual wielding is Ven.

We only see him dual wield as a result of absorbing Xion at the end of days, and she certainly has nothing to do with ven, so what if the whole time Roxas has been wielding a version of vens keyblade, and Xion, being an imperfect clone of Sora, thereby wielded a cloned version of Sora's keyblade. And when she was absorbed, Roxas then found himself able to wield 2 keyblades.

First of all, Roxas didn't absorb Xion. She was floating up into the sky. She went back to Sora; she even says so.

Second of all, that's not where the second Keyblade came from. The second Keyblade is Ven's; when Xion died, Roxas felt an intense will not to forget her, and that made him connect to Ven's heart, letting him feel that murderous rage and sadness and also pop out a second Keyblade. That's why her death triggered a second Keyblade despite her having nothing to do with Ven; it was Roxas' feelings that she caused. If you think about it, any intense feeling that would resound with Ven's heart (i.e. wanting to protect a close friend) would have triggered it.

All this stuff is confirmed by Nomura...

How could he use sora's, if sora was still using it until the end of KH1 all through chain of memories?

Because Roxas and Sora are essentially the same person. If you still don't think it makes sense, take it up with Nomura; he's already said that this is the case.

So without anyone knowing it Roxas accidentally summoned Ven's keyblade, and upon reabsorption with Sora, allowed Sora to dual wield as well. The ability lying dormant idea could explain why Sora was never able to dual wield in KH1, and if its not true, then Sora's dual wielding ability isn't really explained.

Yes, this is exactly what happened, except the feelings at Xion's death triggered it, not Roxas' birth itself.

I personally found it more plausible that Roxas could've had dual wielding explained due to him having Ven's heart and being the nobody of Sora and/or because of Ventus and Vanitas but lalalalalalalalala :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back