• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What do you Think about Xion?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
lol if you hate xion then you hate sora and roxas because she is a replica of him lol. xion is a nice cool awesome character which to me made days more interesting even if what was gonna happen to her was predictable. almost cried when she went back to sora T_T

Some fail logic right there :\

Even though they are technically Sora, both Roxas and Xion became their own person.

Allister Rose

French Lover
...I'm not sure why I forgot to point this out, but unless they did a completely different origin story for her, that would be impossible, would it not? Not saying it's bad or anything, just that it contradicts the continuity. As long as Xion is...well...alive...Sora will never wake up. ;p It's clear the writing team was hell bent on writing Xion out by any means necessary. haha

And I believe, by majority vote, whether you love her or hate her: Sora>>>>>Xion. So...she needed to die for Sora's sake.
i still think they could've done something. for example, xion is a replica made up of memories.

why not make it so she both survives and gives back the memories

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Well, i don't absolutly HATE her like everybody else. i think she complicated the the some and i like that. The Kingdom Hearts story is supposed to be complicating.

actually wasn't xion technically a copy of Roxas? thus the reason they actually share so much in common throughout the game?

well Xion is Sora's clone and since Sora and Roxas are to side's of the same coin she technically Roxas's clone as well, but it didn't play a part as to why these to had a lot in common.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
no I mean

wasn't she technically copied from Roxas directly and NOT from Sora?

Nope. Remember the Xemnas fight in KH1:FM, and Xemnas walks right through Sora? THAT was where Xemnas got the data to make Xion.

Unless Nomura mentioned something against this in a Ultimania, I'm pretty sure Xion was cloned from Sora.

Soxas

she literally wasnt needed.she was just a trap at times but mostly a puppet but its a shame that they got so close and then they had to fight eachother.

flurryflames

She should of been killed off, by one of the organization members. I could actully see that it could of happened.

Key of Valor

The Professor
VirgilTheart said:
Nope. Remember the Xemnas fight in KH1:FM, and Xemnas walks right through Sora? THAT was where Xemnas got the data to make Xion.

Unless Nomura mentioned something against this in a Ultimania, I'm pretty sure Xion was cloned from Sora.

8298906 said:
I've just answered your question. No she's Sora's clone not Roxas.

According the game, Xion is Roxas' Replica, not Sora's.

Secret Report said:
Behind the Truth

Xion is gone. Roxas still doesn't know anything, but Xion found out. That's why I need to find her. We don't have hearts, so we accept the facts we're given as the truth. But something far more important lies behind that truth. Saïx would laugh at people with no hearts calling one another friends, but that doesn't make it not so.

As the Nobody of the hero of the Keyblade and the Replica of that Nobody, these two are special. Unique in every sense of the word. But that doesn't change the fact that we're friends. Nothing will. Got it memorized, Xion?

In_a_Quandary

The first time I learned of Xion (discounting the promotional trailer) was through a video of her (purposefully melodramatic, I concede, but it tugged my heartstrings nonetheless) death-scene on Youtube. Curiosity piqued, I decided to investigate her character more thoroughly.

And promptly discovered that she was so disliked that a (prominent) hate-club had been formed after her.

I found out the reasons soon enough. Xion unquestionably borderlines on - if not outright crosses over into - Sue-territory. 14th Organization member, wields a Keyblade, next-to-instant-BFF to Roxas and Axel, yada yada yada. Sounds like a typical fangirl self-insert, until you factor in her convoluted origins (which I'd say are cleverly devised, even if they're only there to justify her presence in the Org). Yet for this, her (already bland) character degenerates into mere plot device, which revolves around being the catalyst that drives Roxas' defection from the Org. As Xion-critics point out, the above purpose of hers is redundant (and perhaps even useless), since Roxas, continually deprived of information regarding his identity, would (probably have) left on his own accord, anyway. Her story is entirely self-contained, her design even co-ordinating with the convenient mind-wipe that explains her lack of mention in KH2.

Despite all this, I like Xion. While her personality may as well be a carbon copy of Naminé's (shy, reserved, meek), her humanity - like Roxas' - shines especially brightly in an environment governed by cold, unfeeling pragmatism. It is under her influence that Roxas and Axel become characters who are real and human and able to be sympathized with. Whatever others may say about her 'playing the martyr', I was struck by the sheer magnitude and nobility of her sacrifice. It holds no reward aside from saving Roxas (albeit temporarily, unbeknownst to her) and being a final act of defiance - she is doomed to oblivion for it. Not only will her precious, beloved friends fail to mourn her loss, it will be as though she had never existed to them. The courage and strength of heart required to overcome that is unthinkable.

I suppose some people would dismiss what I've found likable about Xion on the premise that she is a Sue. I would venture that they feel robbed that she, lousy Sue that she is, was the one who drove Roxas' (and Axel's) character development and had the plot centered around her (instead of Roxas or some other more deserving character). No doubt some hate her because she turns Roxas into a whiny brat who is constantly moping about her. In the latter case, I can only frown, as it seems they have missed the overarching principle of the matter!

What Days impressed upon me is the importance of emotions and the power of friendship. Roxas' character development exemplifies those. In no way did I find his outbursts (most frequently regarding Xion) whiny or childish; on the contrary, I thought them apt and powerful demonstrations of how someone would express concern over a dear friend. That Xion should be this friend is mere semantics. He would do no less for Axel, or anyone, for that matter, who had managed to earn themselves that special place in his (supposedly non-existent) heart. His interactions with Xion merely unearth the inherent kindness and loyalty within him, making him out to be the good person (and role model, too, I suppose, considering the main target audience) who he is.

That said, I don't begrudge anyone who hates Xion. The difference between my opinion and theirs is what makes her character palatable to me and not them. But I find it kinda pointless to expend so much negative energy over a reasonably well-designed character when not only are there far worse examples out there *coughcertainfemaleTwilightprotagonistcough*, but it is also much easier to content myself with enjoying the script (rather than agonizing over underwhelming character defects).

Axel's girl1312

I like her but she is a little weird at times. I didn't understand half the stuff she did or why. but I think she had very good reasons to confuse the hell out of everybody. anyway...yeah she's cool.

In_a_Quandary

I like her but she is a little weird at times. I didn't understand half the stuff she did or why. but I think she had very good reasons to confuse the hell out of everybody. anyway...yeah she's cool.

Perhaps the Secret Reports (accessible end-game) would enlighten you as to her motives?

Basically, she spent the first half of the game uncovering her identity and purpose in the Org, hence her initial defection, and the second half mulling over the ultimatum (return to Sora) Riku had given her. (Riku probably also disclosed DiZ's assumptions of Xemnas' true goal to her when she was running around with him). Upon learning of her parasitical relationship with Roxas (what with her draining his power) and the Org's intention to eliminate either him or her, she decided that sacrificing herself (and having Roxas survive) was best, prompting her second defection.

Xpectra No. Zero

. i know she did things that made her have personality, but she just didn't seem appealing as much as the other cast
-.- Xion hasn't personality xD and....well ¬¬ the people think she puts emotion into Roxas story =/ but... no...she is only the sadness part of the story ¬¬ XDXD IS THE SHAME !! XDXD...the character who has the award and is very important in Roxas' Story is AXEL ...he puts all the emotion there =D he has the truth personality =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back