• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What do you Think about Xion?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I've beat the game Six times and I still don't get her.
thats cause theres nothing to get :D

LOL....haha relax we know we know....Xion is the shame of the game xD
shame isnt the word.

THEN SHE HAS THE NERVE TO MESS WITH DEEP DIVE! Rape my childhood will you!?
XD hahahahahaahahahah LMFAO!

That's all Xion runs on to catch the audience: pity, pity, pity. I was happy she was gone.
this x10

xion is so cool, plus she is a replica of sora so its good ^_^

also roxas wields her keyblade now so ya, she made roxas even cooler so there xion is cool
no he doesnt xion's was fake.
what roxas weilds as he's duel weilding is his/soras and vens keyblade

Xentus

I kinda feel bad for her. She was all left out and then when she found out she was something more she went to the castle and everybody forgot about her. And in the end she did the best thing by herself even though she knew she would never see her friends again. So for that I praise her.

Key of Valor

The Professor
SogeUsopp114 said:
xion is so cool, plus she is a replica of sora so its good ^_^

Xion is Roxas' Replica according to the game.

I was annoyed how KH'Days was less about Roxas and more about his Replica. Most of the story took place behind the scenes, and Roxas was hardly aware of even a fraction of it for a good portion of the game. Even at the end of the game, he still has little understanding of anything going. If the premise of the story was to leave Roxas so clueless the whole time, then the game might as well been told through Xion's perspective exclusively. At least then it wouldn't feel like she was stealing the spotlight if it already belonged to her (but I guess the spotlight is just one of many things she was stealing from her "original").

I also have a long list of other issues with Xion, but I don't really care to go through each an every one. It would take too long.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Xion is Roxas' Replica according to the game.

I was annoyed how KH'Days was less about Roxas and more about his Replica. Most of the story took place behind the scenes, and Roxas was hardly aware of even a fraction of it for a good portion of the game. Even at the end of the game, he still has little understanding of anything going. If the premise of the story was to leave Roxas so clueless the whole time, then the game might as well been told through Xion's perspective exclusively. At least then it wouldn't feel like she was stealing the spotlight if it already belonged to her (but I guess the spotlight is just one of many things she was stealing from her "original").

I also have a long list of other issues with Xion, but I don't really care to go through each an every one. It would take too long.
if you think of it even up til the end of day 6 in kh2 roxas didnt know what the hell was goin on :/

Allister Rose

French Lover
Anyways, i would find Xion more tolerable, if she wasn't such a plot device and made the story. She seems to do these pointless things that leads to inevitable. She doesn't do any hardcore stuff that helps the series, her death is what matters, her living isn't. thats the problem in days. We care for her, but it's not important in kh series, all we know is she's in paina nd needs healing now.

Sakulily

And fall for what the staff wanted?

Pfft.

That's all Xion runs on to catch the audience: pity, pity, pity. I was happy she was gone.

But you realise that the staff also made the game WANTING you to enjoy the game, which you did. Therefore you're giving into what the staff wanted by just playing the game. They didn't create her to be hated or loved, they created her for a reason. Because she has an importance to Kingdom Hearts and to Sora.

Allister Rose

French Lover
But you realise that the staff also made the game WANTING you to enjoy the game, which you did. Therefore you're giving into what the staff wanted by just playing the game. They didn't create her to be hated or loved, they created her for a reason. Because she has an importance to Kingdom Hearts and to Sora.

Not exactly, they retconned the story so that she could be important. It really makes me question whether the prologue of kh2 was even needed.

Sakulily

Not exactly, they retconned the story so that she could be important. It really makes me question whether the prologue of kh2 was even needed.
She doesn't have a vast importance but being a part of Sora, who is THE importance to Kingdom Hearts, I'd say that creates her some importance. Just like Roxas has an importance too, but that's just the way I see it. All those that are connected to Sora all have the same value.. but, I'm a big Roxas and Xion fangirl so it may just be the fangirl side in me talking here. But there's no way that anyone can say they were ill made characters, because I love them. :)

And we'll see, hopefully KH3 isn't too far away for us. I'm sure it'll help connect things even more.

Allister Rose

French Lover
She doesn't have a vast importance but being a part of Sora, who is THE importance to Kingdom Hearts, I'd say that creates her some importance. Just like Roxas has an importance too, but that's just the way I see it. All those that are connected to Sora all have the same value.. but, I'm a big Roxas and Xion fangirl so it may just be the fangirl side in me talking here. But there's no way that anyone can say they were ill made characters, because I love them. :)

And we'll see, hopefully KH3 isn't too far away for us. I'm sure it'll help connect things even more.
But the problem is she didn't need to be important. they MADE her that way. If she didn't exist, kh2 would still exist, because KH2 was thought up before days.

and Xion, had personality, and some could reason with her, but as a character that was forced to make up the plot, she really didn't do anything amazing.

In_a_Quandary

But the problem is she didn't need to be important. they MADE her that way. If she didn't exist, kh2 would still exist, because KH2 was thought up before days.

and Xion, had personality, and some could reason with her, but as a character that was forced to make up the plot, she really didn't do anything amazing.

Xion's primary importance lies in her being the catalyst that spurs Roxas to leave the Org. It can be argued that Roxas would have (inevitably) come to that decision on his own, but I guess the game developers wanted to create a reason more substantial than being withheld vital information about one's identity.

Allister Rose

French Lover
Xion's primary importance lies in her being the catalyst that spurs Roxas to leave the Org. It can be argued that Roxas would have (inevitably) come to that decision on his own, but I guess the game developers wanted to create a reason more substantial than being withheld vital information about one's identity.
Most figured out that roxas left the organization due to him wanting to know why the keyblade has chosen him and wanted to find sora himself.

the ending to days really pushed it for me.

In_a_Quandary

i think so.

It begs the question of how Roxas had come by that particular tidbit of information, considering the higher-up's (including Axel's) unrelenting efforts to withhold it from him. Had circumstances remained static, I'm certain he would have been content to continue smacking Heartless around with the Keyblade without being any the wiser.

Because the battle has been retconned to have Xion be part of it. I just thought they over did it.

I won't deny it - they had. Not that it roused any feeling of aggravation whatsoever.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I have to disagree. With or without Xion, the Org were still lying to Roxas, and Riku still wanted him for Sora. He would have left anyway, for the exact same reasons we thought he left in KH2 before Days was a twinkle in Tomoko Kanemaki's eye.

Old reply is old but I hardly see it like that. The Organization in Days were lying to Roxas mostly about - shock - Xion. Most of what they were hiding from him was - shock - about Xion. Most of the conflict between him and Axel spawned from - shock - Xion.
You can and do argue that the characters were written the way they were BECAUSE of Xion, but way I see it? Without Xion the Organization would've had no reason whatsoever to ever let Roxas out of their sight or even tell him so many lies.
The biggest question here is what would Roxas have done when he'd have Sora-related dreams. Would he do nothing like he did in Days, or would he have became the new Xion in her absence?
Either way though it leaves the Organization for the most part out as a truly active force in the story still.

Funny, this is how I feel about BBS.
My appreciation to Xion and Days as a whole grew ridiculously after finishing BBS and finding out that They retconned Sora into being Ven, more or less
Compared to that, Days' relative lack of any substantial plot while at the same time focusing on the characters even through ice cream chats feels refreshing.

Most figured out that roxas left the organization due to him wanting to know why the keyblade has chosen him and wanted to find sora himself.

Roxas: but WHY, Axel? ;w;
Axel: you'll understand when you have a Heart
Roxas: .-. ok *smacks another Heartless*
...derp.

I'd sooner say he'd have left because he BECAME Sora from the Memories, but depending on how they would've sugarcoated it, why wouldn't a Sora want to help people for a seemingly noble cause? Without knowing what they really did to people, something they basically threw in his face in KH2?

tl;dr I loved her to bits, I think she's adorable and cute. I didn't mind the quality of Roxas and Axel's characters because I didn't feel like they were OOC and I understand why Riku waited as long as he did to drag Xion back to Sora - he saw her as a part of Sora. Regardless of the end result he couldn't do this, even if she was just a shadow of his best friend.

And lord help me if even half of my theories about how she ties into BBS are half correct.

[/mandatory reply]

Allister Rose

French Lover
It begs the question of how Roxas had come by that particular tidbit of information, considering the higher-up's (including Axel's) unrelenting efforts to withhold it from him. Had circumstances remained static, I'm certain he would have been content to continue smacking Heartless around with the Keyblade without being any the wiser.
thats where another Dive and kh2 opening comes in. xemnas told him.

I won't deny it - they had. Not that it roused any feeling of aggravation whatsoever.
I just perferred it if xion wasn't involved. either that or xion would do more action and left an impression in the story other than needing saving.

She didn't really do any actions worthy of remembering her other than fighting roxas and that one scene where we see her as ventus. It would have been great if she did something that Roxas couldn't or did something worth trying.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
She didn't really do any actions worthy of remembering her other than fighting roxas and that one scene where we see her as ventus. It would have been great if she did something that Roxas couldn't or did something worth trying.

She enabled Sora and Riku's Memories to move back and forth between the two.
I fear the mess this'll most likely make in future installments, especially with the number of Hearts each of them has inside them going up due to BBS.

Allister Rose

French Lover
You can and do argue that the characters were written the way they were BECAUSE of Xion, but way I see it? Without Xion the Organization would've had no reason whatsoever to ever let Roxas out of their sight or even tell him so many lies.
the lies yes, but leaving his sight is pushing it.

I have no idea how you conjured up that the characters were written because of xion. that is defintely pushing it.

The biggest question here is what would Roxas have done when he'd have Sora-related dreams. Would he do nothing like he did in Days, or would he have became the new Xion in her absence?
Either way though it leaves the Organization for the most part out as a truly active force in the story still.
I think Roxas could've done the same xion did even if he were to become similar to xion (considering they don't share the same personality) but org. 13 as an active force was probably due to days.

Funny, this is how I feel about BBS.
My appreciation to Xion and Days as a whole grew ridiculously after finishing BBS and finding out that They retconned Sora into being Ven, more or less
Compared to that, Days' relative lack of any substantial plot and focus on the characters feels refreshing.
I was also upset about it being like this, but at the same time something this simple was obviously probable.

refreshing maybe, but it can be a double edge sword. personally, the difference between her and that other comparison is, that the first one seemed much more planned out than xion. during kh2's development nomura thought up BBS, after kh2, he thought up of coded and dayswhen developing KH2FM. so it's not like BBS retconned anything, it just revealed more that was already planned. Days retconned more scenes than realized and arely did an affect.

I'd sooner say he'd have left because he BECAME Sora from the Memories, but depending on how they would've sugarcoated it, why wouldn't a Sora want to help people for a seemingly noble cause? Without knowing what they really did to people, something they basically threw in his face in KH2?
I dont know what that means, ansem reports state the memory transfer between him and sora lasted so short, hardly any made it to roxas. or i misunderstanding what your saying

I loved her to bits, I think she's adorable and cute and hardly in need of any redeeming flaws. I didn't mind the quality of Roxas and Axel's characters because I didn't feel like they were OOC and I understand why Riku waited as long as he did to drag Xion back to Sora - he saw her as a part of Sora. Regardless of the end result he couldn't do this, even if she was just a shadow of his best friend.
well she does look cute and somewhat adorable, but she didn't have any flaws flaws within personality because there wasn't enough room for her. Still not enough historic moments with her

And lord help me if even half of my theories about how she ties into BBS are half correct.
What does this have to do with anything? Certain specific theories i made in the past
that many have ignored were dead on. i dont see why this affects our conversation.

wait.....half correct isn't 100% correct, so you were still 50% wrong. though IMO nothing about xion directly connected her to BBS, that's kind o fwhy coded is there

She enabled Sora and Riku's Memories to move back and forth between the two.
I fear the mess this'll most likely make in future installments, especially with the number of Hearts each of them has inside them going up due to BBS.
but that was barely important in days, see that what days does, it only hints the upcoming titles, but doesn't have anything for itself other than explaining dual wielding.

Last edited:

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Without Xion the Organization would've had no reason whatsoever to ever let Roxas out of their sight or even tell him so many lies.

How about, needing a nice compliant and loyal Keyblade wielder to collect hearts for them?

From KH2 and FM+, we were shown that Roxas had no memories, and wanted to find out about himself. So, it's easy to see Roxas helping the Organisation because they promised him answers (and perhaps a heart).

The Organisation already knew all the answers; they knew about Sora. If Roxas also knew, he would have no reason to work with them (of course the Organisation wouldn't have counted his friendship with Axel as another valid reason for him to stay; listen to how they talk about their friendship in the FM+ scene), so they lied to him to keep him dependant on them and working with them.

Isn't that why they lied to him about Xion anyway? So he wouldn't find out about Sora?

We'll never know...

It all depends on imagination and creativity.

he saw her as a part of Sora. Regardless of the end result he couldn't do this, even if she was just a shadow of his best friend.

You must think Riku is a real idiot, then. To put all of Sora at risk (right after a conversation with Namine in which the danger was clearly stated to him) over one little piece of him. This is what canon says, but I think it is a flaky device made up to drag out Xion's plot, that doesn't do justice to Riku.

I have no idea how you conjured up that the characters were written because of xion. that is defintely pushing it.

What she means is, I have often told her that I think that the way characters acted in Days was written around Xion existing
eg. Roxas being useless, Axel's backtracking 'development arc', Riku putting someone else over Sora in the middle of his redemption phase

Not that they were created in the first place FOR Xion :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back