• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What Do You Think The Mystery Game Be About?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MeggieKeyblader

Okay, so we all know that there's gonna be a mystery game(OR SERIES?) before KH3 is released that will connect the story together, with a character other than Sora as the main protagonist. What do you guys think this game will be about, and who do you think will be the main character? I have a few possible theories, but all of these scenarios also come with problems, so I'm not really sure.

The Keyblade Wars We really don't know anything about them except for a very vague description and the fact that it happened a very long time ago. A game like this could explain the mysteries behind Kingdom Hearts and the Keyblade, two of the most important topics in the KH universe that need explaining, such as how a Keyblader is chosen, and why. The main characters could be slightly connected to the current main characters; for example, a trio of protagonists that are like SKR and VAT, and an antagonist like Xehanort. However, I'm not sure how they would incorporate Disney into this, since this takes place many years before any of the other games and all the Disney characters from the current KH worlds would not be born yet, so they would have to come up with a complete new set of Disney worlds, and I'm not really sure if there's enough worlds. xD

Young MX and Eraqus We all know that all Xehanort reports explain much of the philosophy and knowledge behind the KH series, so a game would kinda make sense. After reading the MX Reports, I was like, 'wow, this can be made into a game!' because MX talks about traveling to many worlds (presumably Disney worlds). The game can go into the discoveries he made about the Keyblade, darkness, and Kingdom Hearts. We could also learn more about the creation of Vanitas, Ven, and the X-Blade. Eraqus also seemed to be close to him, so he can be there as well. Like with the Keyblade War scenarios, they might have a little trouble putting Disney games into it, but it's a lot later on the timeline compared to the Keyblade Wars, so it might be a little easier. Maybe the game can also explain about Apprentice Xehanort and his experiments on the darkness, so we'd finally figure out about the whole Terra and MX deal, and what Xemnas and Ansem SoD are. It'd pretty much be a villain-viewpoint game. Those are always pretty cool.

While both of those scenarios seem pretty plausible, Nomura stated that BbS was going to be the earliest game on the KH timeline, so that may nullify the possibility of them... but Nomura also said the KH was going to always be Sora's story, so he may change his mind again. xD So, for the final possiblity...

The Realm of Darkness We really don't know anything about Riku/Mickey/Aqua's (Ansem the Wise's?) journeys throughout the realm of darkness, so a game encompassing this would be pretty interesting. We'd learn what is actually found in the Realm of darkness, besides Darksides. Although there are major flaws with this scenario... it's almost impossible to bring Disney characters into this game, since I doubt Disney worlds are located in the RoD. Also, this game really wouldn't explain anything worth knowing and I don't see how it would connect everything.

What do you guys think? Any other possible scenarios?

EDIT: Wow, the Title sounds retarded. Sorry for that. xD

Last edited:

mjejr1

The mystery Kh isn't about a new character. The one with a new core character is the new series in development which is different then mystery kh.

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Honestly, I'd kind of like to see a KH set in the dark realm, so we could learn what exactly is the Dark Realm. Well, that and the chance we could finally see a decent amount of original worlds. Perhaps, there might be inverse versions on the original worlds there or maybe other worlds.. or maybe, should this take place before or during KH1, ruins of fallen worlds.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Personally I want it to be more about Riku above anything else. Riku is obviously going to be more involved in future installments so I thought they could show what he did after Chain of Memories through KH2 and maybe even some things he did during the year after KH2 (which probably isn't much with them being on the islands and all.)

SuperSailorEarth

I had a random Chain of Memories flash back and thought maybe someone's (AKA Sora's?) Chain of Memories had to be RE-reconnected. I think it would fit into the whole "Reconnect: Kingdom Hearts theme".

Or maybe its a literal reconnection of Kingdom Hearts through Ventus and the X-Blade, so the game would have to center on him. There are so many possibilities and things Nomura needs to wrap up that it's hard to tell...

Samhain

Bronze Member
riku or mickey's time in the realm of darkness.

i wish they can show us what the heck was xemnas, and xehanorts heartless doing for the 9 year period. or how about showing us how xehanort and the apprentices created the heartless? how he then lost his heart with the apprentices and then became xemnas and banished ansem the wise and then we see a scene of him constructing the room of sleep. yes. xemnas constructed the room of sleep, not xehanort. but either way i wish they can show us all of that. it intrigues me. and what the heck was mickey doing during the 9 year period? he had NO CLUE that worlds were being destroyed prior to kh1? it took him over 9 years to figure that out? was he that slow?

MeggieKeyblader

I know everytime I try to explain this to people thy get all mad.

Fine, then, I'll change it to the mystery series.

Mickey would be a good choice, I think. He's a Disney character, so that might make the inclusion of Disney worlds not as important, because I really doubt that there would be Disney worlds in the RoD. They could also show the 9 years between BbS and KH1 from Mickey's point of view, as well.

i wish they can show us what the heck was xemnas, and xehanorts heartless doing for the 9 year period. or how about showing us how xehanort and the apprentices created the heartless? how he then lost his heart with the apprentices and then became xemnas and banished ansem the wise and then we see a scene of him constructing the room of sleep. yes. xemnas constructed the room of sleep, not xehanort. but either way i wish they can show us all of that. it intrigues me. and what the heck was mickey doing during the 9 year period? he had NO CLUE that worlds were being destroyed prior to kh1? it took him over 9 years to figure that out? was he that slow?

Yeah, these are all huge plot holes and I really hope that Nomura explains it in the future games. All the Xehanort things are so confusing, and Mickey was a mystery for those 9 years.

Samhain

Bronze Member
Yeah, these are all huge plot holes and I really hope that Nomura explains it in the future games. All the Xehanort things are so confusing, and Mickey was a mystery for those 9 years.
exactly!

this is what i dont understand.
im guessing xehanort apprentice lived bout less than a year working under ansem the wise since the whole world went to hell 9 years later. ok but xehanorts goal in kh1 before he became a heartless is to kidnap a "princess" who he sensed that she would bring him to the keyblade wielder. i dont get this though. xehanort the apprentice already met someone with a keyblade! mickey, remember? in the reports it said mickey talked with xehanort for countless hours in kh1 and yet xehanort completely contradicts himself saying he must know what this keyblade is. ? huh

everything about when xehanort apprentice is born gets even more confusing. another thing i thought when you open a door's heart it calls on the heartless and the world is basically destroyed but another plothole i found. after xehanort opened the door to the heart of radiant garden mickey came in wit his gummi ship because xehanort destroyed the wall barrier of radiant garden. but.....why is everything all "nice and clean" when ansem the wise is speaking with mickey? that scene happens right after xehanort opens the door of the heart of radiant garden. why isnt the world in chaos like destiny islands was when riku opened the door? this is so confusing.

whats funny is the world didn't even get completely destroyed till maleficent came and xehanort was gone by then.
ugh timeline is so screwed up.

sry if its too long lol

MeggieKeyblader

exactly!

this is what i dont understand.
im guessing xehanort apprentice lived bout less than a year working under ansem the wise since the whole world went to hell 9 years later. ok but xehanorts goal in kh1 before he became a heartless is to kidnap a "princess" who he sensed that she would bring him to the keyblade wielder. i dont get this though. xehanort the apprentice already met someone with a keyblade! mickey, remember? in the reports it said mickey talked with xehanort for countless hours in kh1 and yet xehanort completely contradicts himself saying he must know what this keyblade is. ? huh

everything about when xehanort apprentice is born gets even more confusing. another thing i thought when you open a door's heart it calls on the heartless and the world is basically destroyed but another plothole i found. after xehanort opened the door to the heart of radiant garden mickey came in wit his gummi ship because xehanort destroyed the wall barrier of radiant garden. but.....why is everything all "nice and clean" when ansem the wise is speaking with mickey? that scene happens right after xehanort opens the door of the heart of radiant garden. why isnt the world in chaos like destiny islands was when riku opened the door? this is so confusing.

whats funny is the world didn't even get completely destroyed till maleficent came and xehanort was gone by then.
ugh timeline is so screwed up.

sry if its too long lol

I know! Nothing really makes sense regarding any of the Xehanorts... that's why a game on him would be the best choice. That, or a game on Mickey.

However, many of the things you wrote can't really be changed or retconned... they're just mistakes that Nomura made. >_< Kinda makes me doubt some of the 'facts' that keep me from making some theories up, since Nomura may end up changing/ignoring them.

destiny seeker

Seeker of the Future
Awards
I don't know...
With Nomura it could be about anything.
Still I think there is going to be 1 or 2 side games and then the final game KH3.

Newsun

F e b r u a r y 1 7 , 2 0 1 0 M U L T I
- Tetsuya Nomura mentioned to Famitsu that the next Kingdom Hearts title won't be Kingdom Hearts III, it will not star Sora. The next game will server to bridge the stories in previous titles, and the protagonist will be another central player in the series. Nomura also mentioned he would like to have one Kingdom Hearts release every year, which indicates the next one will be released in 2011.

The Magic Box: International Videogame News

Sorry forgot to paste the link but they ya go. Kinda interesting. Might go all Disney on us and Mickey the game up. If there smart itll be Riku.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Like I said my bet's on Riku...if not Xehanort since he could be classified as an important character. Sora being the core protagonist and Xehanort being the core antagonist. I mean apprentice Xehanort here, but all in all I want it to be my boy Riku

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Like I said my bet's on Riku...if not Xehanort since he could be classified as an important character. Sora being the core protagonist and Xehanort being the core antagonist. I mean apprentice Xehanort here, but all in all I want it to be my boy Riku

I agree with the hope that it's a Riku game. Honestly, after seeing the ending (final, not secret) of BBS, I feel that Riku might have a larger role than side-kick or the friend in KH3 (i.e. his own scenario). A Riku game would fill in the gaps/ gaping holes we still have in his time-line.

I'll quote the little snippet from the last line again.. "Our two heroes..."

Awards
The Keyblade Wars We really don't know anything about them except for a very vague description and the fact that it happened a very long time ago. A game like this could explain the mysteries behind Kingdom Hearts and the Keyblade, two of the most important topics in the KH universe that need explaining, such as how a Keyblader is chosen, and why. The main characters could be slightly connected to the current main characters; for example, a trio of protagonists that are like SKR and VAT, and an antagonist like Xehanort. However, I'm not sure how they would incorporate Disney into this, since this takes place many years before any of the other games and all the Disney characters from the current KH worlds would not be born yet, so they would have to come up with a complete new set of Disney worlds, and I'm not really sure if there's enough worlds. xD
I'd like to see a game about the stuff that led up to the keyblade wars like a where you go to a world where see your keyblade be created. (dont know how the travel system would work since the worlds are connected.)

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
From what I've heard, there's a mystery game and a whole other series Nomura will start. I think that the series will focus on the life of Master Xehanort and the mystery game will be about Aqua in the Realm of Darkness (plus a few cutscenes explaining stuff with Xehanort the apprentice).

MeggieKeyblader

I'm pretty positive it's gonna be either Riku, Master and Apprentice Xehanort, or Mickey, in that order. Since now we know that it's supposed to connect the storylines of all the previous KH games, I think Riku, MX or AX, and Mickey's storylines could really explain most of the things that need explaining. Aqua's wouldn't really solve anything.

Vexen o3o

I doubt it's the Keyblade War, even though I'd really love to see that. A Riku game would be awesome, maybe something like what exactly he was going through during Days, y'know, instead of getting a few little cut scenes you get his side of the story. It's debatable, but there's a slight 2% chance it could happen. As long as it's not disappointing like Days, I really don't care.

MeggieKeyblader

Although there is one thing that's keeping me from thinking it's gonna be a Riku series. In Lissar's translation it said something different, but in the Kh-vids translation, this is what Nomura said about the series' main character:

The story for Kingdom Hearts is about Sora, but also one other person. The series is expanding and is also centering on this other person.

Since KH is pretty much centered on Sora and Riku already, and we know most of Riku's story, I doubt that Nomura would say something like this. I feel like the new main character's gonna be a relatively new character that wasn't as explained in the past games.

Lissar's translation seems more correct and believable, though. So I really don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back