• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What do you's think will happen after KH3?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soranort

I am new on this forum, and have been wondering what is everyone's thoughts on what will happen after the Xehanort saga?

Muke

whatever
Awards
Welcome! Make sure to read through the FAQ! Also, here is a page with the Staff - Mods, Admins, etc. - in case you need anything!
If you've got any questions, feel free to message me. :)

Huhh... I guess Sora and his friends will fight some big bad again? I mean, we already know that Sora will still be the main hero, so I really want him to go on an adventure with Kairi and Riku for once to further develop the trio.

Soranort

Thank you very much, i will message you if i need any help! Im not so sure i think they will revamp the series similar to FF with new characters & plot, their is so much you can do with this universe which is not limited to SRK as the main characters.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Thank you very much, i will message you if i need any help! Im not so sure i think they will revamp the series similar to FF with new characters & plot, their is so much you can do with this universe which is not limited to SRK as the main characters.
Of course it's not limited to them, but I just really want some Kairi interactions. She's been left behind this whole time, so I think it'd kinda make up for it.

Well, we do know Sora will stay the main character for a longer time. I'm not really sure if I want new original characters to be honest. They can't even handle their current cast, so I really don't want any more wasted characters, you know?

Soranort

Yea i get you, i was thinking more along the lines of a new keyblade apprentice trained under sora to protect the light that has been saved ... and out off the ashes a new villan arises with an even more alarming threat?

Zeto

Awards
I'm kind of tired of Sora tbh.

I'm ready for a new protagonist. Hopefully a new protagonist would be more unique than sora.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I'm kind of tired of Sora tbh.

I'm ready for a new protagonist. Hopefully a new protagonist would be more unique than sora.
Well, Nomura himself said Sora will stay the protagonist for a while (which is for the best imo). I'm okay with a new OC as long as they can handle them, but a new protagonist of the KH series? Nah…

Soranort

I am open to the idea of a new protagonist for the new saga to be honest, as much as i love Sora and the rest of the crew i personally think a new protagonist with a new story would be the way for square enix to go. Sora will be in the next saga instalments that's for sure but what will happen i think is the new antagonist will be an ancient evil born of darkness which will bring a new threat far more worst than master Xehanort.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
*sarcastic answer* Jiminy cricket will inherit the cricketblade and quickly rise to power as the universe's greatest threat, while Oswald the rabbit teams up with SDG to help him.

*sarcasm off* Um, Sora will be the protagonist again, but perhaps his traveling of the worlds this time is more of a cleanup operation, where he's weeding out any remaining darkness, taking up an apprentice, and eventually discovering some ancient being from before the keyblade war that he must fight off to keep everyone safe? I don't know, I'm hoping for more Sly Cooper-styled gameplay the next time around!

Soranort

*sarcastic answer* Jiminy cricket will inherit the cricketblade and quickly rise to power as the universe's greatest threat, while Oswald the rabbit teams up with SDG to help him.

*sarcasm off* Um, Sora will be the protagonist again, but perhaps his traveling of the worlds this time is more of a cleanup operation, where he's weeding out any remaining darkness, taking up an apprentice, and eventually discovering some ancient being from before the keyblade war that he must fight off to keep everyone safe? I don't know, I'm hoping for more Sly Cooper-styled gameplay the next time around!

YES! im hoping thr scenario plays out something like that

ER_Mac3

Nomura himself said Sora would be kept as the protagonist, so I hope at least some relevant change is made so the character can be used for another whole saga. I'm pretty sure they're gonna try to break the mold when it comes to party members, so I'd keep an open mind, and even more sure they are gonna fill KHIV with Pixar and new Disney animations, making less space for classics (they're probably keeping KHIII with enough classics though for the sake of consistency with the other titles from Dark Seeker saga).

Anyway, Nomura also said next title after III wouldn't be IV, so get ready for some serious milking like rhythm games, more mobile games, and if we're lucky, maybe an all-star game with KH engine and a LOT of characters to play canon and non-canon missions, much like musou-style games... but better. Nomura once talked about multiplayer features in KHIII, I wonder if he meant something along these lines? Although I feel like a dedicated title would be a better choice for both features (campaign and multiplayer missions alike).

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I would honestly be okay with the next saga having a 5-10 year timeskip and focus on a new set of OC and disney protagonists. I don't know what else they can do with Sora's story after he beats Xehanort for good.

D

Deleted member 246005

I'm guessing there will be an antagonist who wants to abuse the power of Light to wipe out the realm of Darkness because of reasons.

There might be a timeskip of 1-2 years maybe 3 if we are lucky. We'll probably see some Star wars/Marvel/pixar to join the disney worlds. FF might have less of a presence which is fine as long as the OCs aren't bland.

Sora and Riku could get jobs as waiters at the House of Mouse club. Even Keyblade wielders who saved the multiverse gotta pay off student loans. In all seriousness i could see them going to be Knights of Disney castle and going on missions etc.

WastedPenguin

Awards
A numbered KH title without Sora as protagonist cant be a real Kingdom Hearts game if you ask me, it would just take the whole magic of this series away.
As for what happens after KH3, depending on how KH3 will turn out overall i might quit with this series because i dont want to see it ruined by Square Enix milking it with tons of other handheld titles. KH3/the end of the Xehanort saga also marks the end of my childhood because i have been following this series since the start so i want to feel the nostalgia when i go back to playing Kingdom Hearts 1-3 as a grandpa.

D

Deleted member 246005

Sora as a character doesnt appeal to me anymore so I'm cool with him taking a backseat to someone new. Swoosh's idea of making him a mentor to a new hero could be a good way to go for me.

EDIT- Maybe all the worlds become one?

Last edited by a moderator:

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Sora IS Kingdom Hearts-- the games DO NOT WORK WITHOUT HIM AND THIS CAN BE PROVEN. Characters that are too cool and aloof to get into hijinks with Disney characters (Aqua, Terra, Riku, Roxas) make every Disney world feel bored and sterile. Ventus is childlike enough but he's honestly written and played like an infant. Sora has displayed much more emotional range and he also has the Donald and Goofy dynamic.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Sora IS Kingdom Hearts-- the games DO NOT WORK WITHOUT HIM AND THIS CAN BE PROVEN. Characters that are too cool and aloof to get into hijinks with Disney characters (Aqua, Terra, Riku, Roxas) make every Disney world feel bored and sterile. Ventus is childlike enough but he's honestly written and played like an infant. Sora has displayed much more emotional range and he also has the Donald and Goofy dynamic.

Well the four characters you mentioned weren't paired up with Disney companions. If a hypothetical new protagonist had at least one, he/she could integrate better in Disney worlds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back