• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What Eraqus gonna do?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaebora

So aside from possible prologue gameplay, anything else? Xehanort said that he felt Eraqus in Terra when he took him over. It would be kinda worthless to resurrect an old man, but do you think theyd go so far to use his prescence in the heart? Maybe for returning terra to light?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I think Eraqus will play a part in saving Aqua and possibly Terra. Then after the final battle, his spirit will appear one more time to TAV to give them words of guidance before disappearing. Maybe even apologize for trying to kill Ven.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Maybe even apologize for trying to kill Ven.

"...See ya around, kid."
*Troll ghost disappears*

Seriously though, I agree that Eraqus will kick the bucket by the end; in contrast to Xehanort, he'll be leaving a legacy behind. I also agree that him making an active effort to save his students would be a good way to progress his character arc.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
I feel like Eraqus is gonna be key for something important in 3. Him coming up in Blank Points as well as his younger self being featured back when 3 was announced, I'm curious to see what they'll do with him. Whatever plot that is going to involve saving Terra I'm sure he'll play some part but I kind of want a final conversation between Eraqus and Xehanort. Maybe a parallel to the conversation they had as youths. I feel we didn't get enough of Eraqus to really love him in BBS, hopefully we get more of him even if they're just Xehanort's Thanos flashbacks

Last edited:

Gaebora

A convo with Xehanort upon death would be cool. Like when Hashirama was there as Madara died lolol

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I feel we didn't get enough of Eraqus to really love him in BBS, hopefully we get more of him even if their just Xehanort's Thanos flashbacks

Heh, I'd say that holds true for all newly introduced characters in BBS aside from Xehanort.
It's telling when several people state that the (dialogueless) appearances of Terra, Aqua and Ventus in the opening of 0.2 made them care for these characters more than the entirety of BBS itself.

Do you think he has a nobody lurking somewhere?

Nope, Eraqus didn't even fullfill one of the conditions to create a Nobody.

Leaferian

Awards
Nope, Eraqus didn't even fullfill one of the conditions to create a Nobody.

Excuse me, excuse me but...

Didn't he, though?

Sure, Eraqus' regular body seems to have just been destroyed. But going off the aforementioned scenes, his heart is within Terra, seemingly locked up in the memory-less Apprentice Xehanort. And Apprentice Xehanort somehow "gave up" his own heart to become both Ansem, Seeker of Darkness and Xemnas.

But uh. We know somebody else who had multiple people's hearts in him and released his own. That little event lead to the creation of Namine, a previously unheard of subtype of Nobody. If Nomura felt rascally enough, he could easily get away with saying Terranort doing the same thing as KH1!Sora lead to the creation of a similar Nobody for Eraqus.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Since only Xehanort's heart seemed to exit Terra's body I always assumed his and Eraqus' hearts were dormant inside of Xemnas.

Leaferian

Awards
And that's entirely possible, though I admit I don't recall ever seeing it actually happen. I do remember him releasing Braig and the other apprentice's hearts. Functionally speaking the only operating difference between the two events was Kairi being a princess of heart. And although DiZ wondered if that was part of what made it possible, he admitted Namine's circumstance was so unique he had no way of knowing just how it happened.

Either way though, it's just a possibility to throw out there. I'm sure Nomura will do as he pleases and justify after hahaha.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
My theory is that Eraqus is Brain from Union Cross, and that Eraqus being in Terra's heart provides Terra with not only the light to be a Guardian of Light, but to understand the truth of who his master and Ventus really are.

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
In my head, the perfect prologue to KH3 is the time Eraqus and Xehanort were young. Right when Xehanort joined Eraqus as fellow apprentices, you'd control Eraqus in order to warm-up the controls. It should be shorter than Roxas' scenario in KH2, but convey enough plot in order for us to understand that happened with Xehanort, which I presume has a lot to do with possessing No Name. Give us a human side to Xehanort before we finish him in the game's end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back