• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What ethnicity are Riku and Sora?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MDSora

I guess it is true that their nationality isn't really that big of a deal..its more of an interesting fact to know. but like Monkey flute said, their names are in japanese...maybe it means they are?

MDSora

I thought that it meant sky ....hee hee...sora da duck...

But really if you do look up close at them during the cut scenes they really do look asain...especially with Riku.

Sora though it could be speculated that he is a mix or something.

We could always look at their parents...but alas we never do get to meet them. and who is to say that the parents they live with are their real parents?

I thought it was kinda weird that sora and riku were gone for a while...and they never seemed to even mention their parents after their return to the islands....i suppose after saving the worlds from total destruction lol they don't need parents

SoraKHLuver

the hair looks japanese
the face looks kinda japanese but more american
th way their body and movement is is japanese
so i thnk their japanese but 10% american!!!!!!!

Eternamente926

Sora and Riku are racially adrogynous (giggle at the terminology! =p) ... meaning, to American audiences they look Japanese (the country which the design of the game originated from), but even to Japanese audiences they might look American or otherwise. In-game, they'd probably be classified as Islander or some such.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Japanese.
Japanese names, etc.

and are you guys saying they don't look Japanese because of the hair?
Uh...dude. People bleach their hair all the time. Plus there's mixtures of European and Asian all the time.
Brown hair, red hair. It can happen. Not all Japanese people have just brown eyes and black hair.

Valkia

maybe they are of japanese american decent like mixed blood.....but who knows and how does this deal with the storyline:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back