• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What, exactly, happened to Vanitas?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

digimikej

Awards
i was reading another thread and I had a thought: at the end of BBS, vanitas fuses with ven again and makes venitas and a pseudo X-blade, yeah? so, does that mean after ventus defeated vanitas and took control of his own heart, he absorbed vanitas again? i originally took the scene at the end of the van fight to be his "demise" so to speak, but what if that was just his consciousness evaporating as he became one with ven again? this idea brings up a lot of interesting other ideas, such as vanitas being in sora (technically) and it could make for an epic moment where xehanort extracts the darkness from vens heart out of ven/sora (depending on point of the game,i suppose.) gives it form again, and vanitas is just like, "HEEEEEERES JOHNNY!" and they darkness port outta there.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Re: what, exactly, happened to vanitas?

Bitch didn't roll over and die just yet, for lack of better wording.

Xammag

Remember that the Vanitas and Ventus we saw throughout BBS were just two halves of Ventus' original heart: the light in his heart and the darkness in his heart given form. Ideally, Vanitas rejoining with Ventus means he is made whole again, so he's not in there hiding out in the sense of how MX does. You could say Vanitas is potentially still there since he's just the darkness in Ventus' heart. I don't think they will do that the exact same way again though, because it'd just make Ventus a walking coma waiting to happen instead of an actual character. I expect Vanitas to return in some form though.

Seighart

Awards

Vanitas will be Vens Ansem SoD, calling it. Expect 20 boss fights against Van as Ven

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards

This is a sticky idea.

The easy answer is that Ventus and Vanitas recombined to become the full, original Ventus. Vanitas is no more.

However, we see Vanitas specter his way into a cameo for Dream Drop Distance. And while it's a fairly benign sequence, it could be taken that he appeared not just by Ven reacting to Young Xehanort's presence, but by Vanitas's own recognition of that presence.

As it stands, Vanitas is gone. But he isn't dead, per se.

digimikej

Awards

Vanitas will be Vens Ansem SoD, calling it. Expect 20 boss fights against Van as Ven

i feel like im the only person who enjoyed every single fight against him. i loved his returns. except in DDD, when i was like, "HOW. MANY. TIMES. MUST. YOU. DIE." then again, not as bad as xemnas and his, what, 5 forms in KH2?

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards

He's just sleeping~
Boo will be back after a ten year nap.

The natural answer would be that he went back to Ven after being defeated. Exactly what state he's in is curious.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards

He's just sleeping~
Boo will be back after a ten year nap.

The natural answer would be that he went back to Ven after being defeated. Exactly what state he's in is curious.
Watch, Aqua will be there to wake up Ven, only to find a malicious grin with golden eyes. Picture-perfect moment that'd have been over a decade in the making, ruined by this troll. :p

DefiantHeart

Awards

I see a Keyblade weilder's demise as their Keyblade remaining with their user gone. Hence the Keyblade graveyard. Vanitas weilded a Keyblade so he could just be sleeping like Nayru said, waiting for the opportune time to act and take over again. In a way, Vanitas is like another Xehanort in a way.

JonGeorgeXz

The entire reason Ven is in a coma is because he destroyed his other half- that's at least what they were implying. Vanitas tells Ven that destroying him will destroy them both. When Vanitas is defeated, Ven is, somehow, still alive but left comatose.

It's near safe to assume Vanitas is destroyed. Ven may be alive based off the nobody gaining hearts thing- Roxas, Axel, and even Xion were thought to have somehow acquired hearts. It's possible Ven repaired the damage from having his heart split in a similar manner. He sent what was left of it to Sora, and it's why Roxas looks like Ven rather than Sora.

Vanitas may be brought back by the new Organization, given that they are recruiting Xehanort's forms from different time lines. One of these, though not a form of Xehanort, could be Vanitas.

Last edited:

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards

I don't think their hearts stayed merged, especially because by destroying the X-blade Ven shattered his own heart. I also think that Ventus and Vanitas had grown so independent of each other, that I can't really consider them one heart but two separate hearts.

digimikej

Awards

I don't think their hearts stayed merged, especially because by destroying the X-blade Ven shattered his own heart. I also think that Ventus and Vanitas had grown so independent of each other, that I can't really consider them one heart but two separate hearts.
i disagree. i think that they stayed merged, and thats WHY the destruction of the x-blade put ven in a coma. if they didnt stay merged, the destruction would have just ripped him in two again and hed go back to zombie ven mode like when MX brought him to eraqus.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards

Nomura is giving out hearts to basicly evryone, so why not him

Gram

Banned
Awards

Watch, Aqua will be there to wake up Ven, only to find a malicious grin with golden eyes. Picture-perfect moment that'd have been over a decade in the making, ruined by this troll. :p

If this happens I wont know whether to be in rage or begrudged respect for such a trolling moment.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Their hearts never merged fully again, as Ventus rejected the fusion of their hearts.
Many people seem to forget that their fusion was never properly finished.
Beside that, heart fragments can grow into full hearts if they are nurtured properly and Ventus' heart was nurtured properly in the four-year-gap between Vanitas' initial separation and the start of BBS proper.

Nomura explicitly stated this in the BBS Ultimania that Ven's heart was not fully formed (due to the damage done when Vanitas was removed) and that's why he had blank eyes when Xehanort first brought him to LoD.

They are two separate hearts as they grew during the four-year gap until BBS started.

i disagree. i think that they stayed merged, and thats WHY the destruction of the x-blade put ven in a coma. if they didnt stay merged, the destruction would have just ripped him in two again and hed go back to zombie ven mode like when MX brought him to eraqus.

No, Vanitas and Ventus never merged fully, as Ventus resisted the fusion to a degree, that was why they even fought in the awakening platform in the first place. Vanitas wanted to complete the merge/fusion while Ven wanted to completely undo it.
The destruction of the proto-X-blade caused Ven to fall into a coma because it totally shattered his heart. That he was "Zombie-Ven" when he was brought to Eraqus was because of the interjection of Sora's heart who helped him to awake, but his heart wasn't yet fully healed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back