• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What games need current gen sequels?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Which games have you not seen since last generation or even farther back that you want to see a sequel for this generation?

It's probably an off the wall answer from me, but I badly want to see another Katamari sequel. I adored Katamari Forever back on PS3, and would be so down for something completely new on PS4. Namco Bandai registered a trademark for Amazing Katamari Damacy about a year ago, but nothing has come of it yet.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale is another one for me too, as I loved the first one and I really want to see them take another crack at it. Sony definitely has more relevant characters now, and with the somewhat revitalization of Crash, it makes me wonder if they could get a hold of some additional older characters as well. A little retuning of the original system, to make it simply look less like Smash, could probably go a long way.

So, what do you want to see a sequel to?

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
TWEWY :l Also some old random jrpgs would be nice, except that most of them were for Xbox and I'm never buying another one of those again.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
TWEWY :l Also some old random jrpgs would be nice, except that most of them were for Xbox and I'm never buying another one of those again.

TWEWY is a great one I didn't even think of. The JRPG genre is so different now (and is finally coming back from the dead), that I'm not sure if there are really that many I'd want to see get sequels. I'd love more new stuff from proven developers, but seeing a new TWEWY would be nice.

SkeithTheTerror

Man, there's plenty I would love to see.

A new Fatal Frame (This will never happen considering how bad Maiden of Black Water did)
A Twewy 2
A new .Hack// (Again, will never happen)
A new Darkstalkers (Capcom won't even acknowledge the series nowadays)
A new Megaman (Legacy Collection doesn't count)
A new Sly Cooper (If we're lucky, we'll get one alongside the movie, like we did with Ratchet and Clank)

I could go on, but I think I made my point, there are SO many series that deserve sequels

Hakan Xatos

Awards
Indiana Jones and The Emperor's Tomb. The original PS2 game, not like the Staff of Kings junk. We need Uncharted, Tomb Raideresque game play and Harrison Ford voice acting.

Don't hate on this unless you've played The Emperor's Tomb.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Vanquish.

sniper-flipq9unq.gif

It was the first game that I played which was made by Platinum Games, and it`s probably one of the best third person action games that I have played. The story left it in a point where a sequel is possibly, so to get more of that crazy, fast and cool Platinum Game madness is always welcome. It was so fun to speed trough the battlefield with your exoskeleton suit, slowing time, gunning down and smashing enemies. The power armor in that game really made you feel strong as heck.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
TWEWY
TWEWY
TWEWY
TWEWY
TWEWY
TWEWY
TWEWY

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
A new Megaman (Legacy Collection doesn't count).

I'd be so down for this.

I really want Ratchet sequels too. I guess that would maybe not fall into this camp, because I'd love to see a sequel based off of the rebooted PS4 Ratchet and Clank, but we haven't gotten a true sequel in any form since the PS3.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
A Kingdom Hearts 3 would be nice >_>

TWEWY
TWEWY
TWEWY
TWEWY
TWEWY
TWEWY
TWEWY

That's 1 game along with TLoU that I'm in the "better as a 1 off" camp.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale is another one for me too, as I loved the first one and I really want to see them take another crack at it. Sony definitely has more relevant characters now, and with the somewhat revitalization of Crash, it makes me wonder if they could get a hold of some additional older characters as well. A little retuning of the original system, to make it simply look less like Smash, could probably go a long way.
Super-only kills didn't do that game any favors. The characters with easier to hit L-1 supers or those that can combo into supers better rule the game. It's frustrating to spend a long time building up a meter only to watch it drop down to zero on a move that missed. 1-on-1 matches can go on forever as players either whiff many L-1s or spend eternities building up to L-3s just to get a single kill. In fact the whole game seemed designed around 4 player FFA so much that 1-on-1 matches were an afterthought.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
A Kingdom Hearts 3 would be nice >_>

That's 1 game along with TLoU that I'm in the "better as a 1 off" camp.

Super-only kills didn't do that game any favors. The characters with easier to hit L-1 supers or those that can combo into supers better rule the game. It's frustrating to spend a long time building up a meter only to watch it drop down to zero on a move that missed. 1-on-1 matches can go on forever as players either whiff many L-1s or spend eternities building up to L-3s just to get a single kill. In fact the whole game seemed designed around 4 player FFA so much that 1-on-1 matches were an afterthought.

The game was definitely fundamentally flawed past the 4 player party game type design, and from a mechanical standpoint, a sequel would for sure need some retooling. I'd still love to see a sequel with a more vibrant roster and much better mechanics, as I loved the idea behind the first one, and I'm more attached to Sony franchises than I am Nintendo franchises whereas something like Smash is concerned. Crazy, I know.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
The game was definitely fundamentally flawed past the 4 player party game type design, and from a mechanical standpoint, a sequel would for sure need some retooling. I'd still love to see a sequel with a more vibrant roster and much better mechanics, as I loved the idea behind the first one, and I'm more attached to Sony franchises than I am Nintendo franchises whereas something like Smash is concerned. Crazy, I know.

SSB should be a genre, not just a single franchise. & PS4's lacking in 4-player local multiplayer in general. A shame Sony screwed up the 1st attempt so bad that people will more hesitant of a sequel.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Jak and Daxter, and maybe a Crash Bandicoot and Spyro in their old style. (For the time being I'd totally settle for a remaster of Spyro like Crash is getting though.)

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

TWEWY
TWEWY
TWEWY
TWEWY
TWEWY
TWEWY
TWEWY

I'd rather not, only because The World Ends With You seems to be a complete game. I'm not denying how good it is, but the story doesn't really warrant a sequel out of it. A HD remake would be the next best thing out of that game to be honest.

If you want a sequel out of something, I refer you to this...

[video=youtube;JDJZsUT1b0M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDJZsUT1b0M[/video]

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
I'd go with a brand new Crash Bandicoot as well as a new Spyro. I loved these two characters as a kid. But I really want to see a sequel for The Legend of Dragoon and a proper sixth entry in the Suikoden series. Sadly I'm not holding out much hope for those last 2. :(

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
Didn't they completely reboot the Spyro series and make it edgy.
Like, could they not.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Didn't they completely reboot the Spyro series and make it edgy.
Like, could they not.

I was thinking more along the lines of a Remakester like Crash Bandicoot's N'sane Trilogy. Remaster the first three Spyro games with the same graphical engine.

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
Midnight Club and Skate are the two series I'm dying for a sequel from.

Back