• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What games need current gen sequels?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Sly Cooper needs a sequel. Especially as the last game was left in a cliffhanger. Ape Escape is also overdue an sequel.

I would also like to see a new Jak & Daxter game, but it should be developed by some good gaming studio, in order to avoid another abomination like The Lost Frontier. Ready at Dawn made a good job with Daxter, so I wouldn't mind them making the next one.

I also wish for a non-remake Ratchet & Clank game. I mean, the PS4 remake was fun to play, but it actually did a lot of things worse than the original PS2 game (namely story, characters, music, cutscenes and game length), which is why I'm not sure do I want to see a Going Commando remake.

Insomniac doesn't usually have their heads up their own asses so I'd expect the GC remake to fit into the new continuity but to be good, so long as it doesn't end up being a movie tie in.

Sly 4 was really good, but just like R&C there is/was a movie in the works and if they made a new game it might follow R&C's path and be a short, not as good remake of the first one.

Jak 4 was rumored recently based off some list that surfaced from a Naughty Dog server, but you always have to take those kinds of things with a grain of salt. Once Last of Us 2 finishes development maybe they'll be able to come up with a concept that works for Jak 4 since I read somewhere once that their problem was coming up with a story to tell for a sequel.

Phantom

Insomniac doesn't usually have their heads up their own asses so I'd expect the GC remake to fit into the new continuity but to be good, so long as it doesn't end up being a movie tie in.

Sly 4 was really good, but just like R&C there is/was a movie in the works and if they made a new game it might follow R&C's path and be a short, not as good remake of the first one.

Jak 4 was rumored recently based off some list that surfaced from a Naughty Dog server, but you always have to take those kinds of things with a grain of salt. Once Last of Us 2 finishes development maybe they'll be able to come up with a concept that works for Jak 4 since I read somewhere once that their problem was coming up with a story to tell for a sequel.

Yeah, the problems I mentioned were most likely caused by movie tie-in and small budget. Don't think either would be a problem with GC remake. Though the story would need to be altered a lot, especially as Qwark was redeemed in the remake and thus doesn't really have any reason for revenge.

Not sure if the Sly movie will happen, considering how badly the R&C movie flopped and there were some recent news about a Sly TV series.

Sadly, I don't think Naughty Dog will ever return to Jak & Daxter series. They've made it pretty clear they're not interested anymore, which is a shame.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Bro, dark cloud 2 happened, it's actually on sale right now on PSN I believe. Great game. I don't think dark cloud 3 is happening though.

Sorry I kinda overlooked you, I meant like Dark Cloud 3 lol

Yeah, the problems I mentioned were most likely caused by movie tie-in and small budget. Don't think either would be a problem with GC remake. Though the story would need to be altered a lot, especially as Qwark was redeemed in the remake and thus doesn't really have any reason for revenge.

Not sure if the Sly movie will happen, considering how badly the R&C movie flopped and there were some recent news about a Sly TV series.

Sadly, I don't think Naughty Dog will ever return to Jak & Daxter series. They've made it pretty clear they're not interested anymore, which is a shame.

Yeah, that's what I was trying to figure out myself, how they'd change what happened with Qwark. I was thinking maybe it would be a robot made by Nefarious. I want it because they kinda just swept Angela's existence under the rug after GC.

A Sly tv series eh? That'd be pretty neat, especially if it's animated like the games. That would be a beautiful sight to behold.

I wish that they wouldn't let it die. That was one of the big 3! IDK who was in charge of the ports but those have to be a good indication to ND that they need to revisit this franchise.

Leon123

Vanquish-Loved this game. Think this has potential if you give it more content and hd graphics.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
.hack infection to quarantine. The gameplay was horribly repetitive even back then, mechanics were clunky and there was seriously no need to split that story into four games. Each game story had about 15-20 hours, so it would've been appropriate for an RPG. Story and characters were quite interesting though, would love to see a remake or at least a remaster with a few changes to the combat system.

EDIT: I got the wrong thread, I meant to say they needed HD remasters. Oops.

There was a lot more that went into those games that wouldn't fit in one disc back then, all the code words and the generator for the stages probably took up a majority of the space.

Phantom

Sorry I kinda overlooked you, I meant like Dark Cloud 3 lol

Yeah, that's what I was trying to figure out myself, how they'd change what happened with Qwark. I was thinking maybe it would be a robot made by Nefarious. I want it because they kinda just swept Angela's existence under the rug after GC.

A Sly tv series eh? That'd be pretty neat, especially if it's animated like the games. That would be a beautiful sight to behold.

I wish that they wouldn't let it die. That was one of the big 3! IDK who was in charge of the ports but those have to be a good indication to ND that they need to revisit this franchise.

As much as I like Nefarious, I personally wouldn't want him to be involved. I was quite disappointed he replaced Drek as the main villain in the remake, and I don't want the same to happen with GC remake. Just make Thug-4-Less Leader the main villain or something like that.

Yeah, Sly would probably work better as a TV series than a film.

I don't want the J&D series to die either, TPL was my first game after all, but things look quite grim at the moment, as ND is unlikely to make another game and I've heard rumors they are reluctant to hand it over to another company after how TLF turned out.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
As much as I like Nefarious, I personally wouldn't want him to be involved. I was quite disappointed he replaced Drek as the main villain in the remake, and I don't want the same to happen with GC remake. Just make Thug-4-Less Leader the main villain or something like that.

Yeah, Sly would probably work better as a TV series than a film.

I don't want the J&D series to die either, TPL was my first game after all, but things look quite grim at the moment, as ND is unlikely to make another game and I've heard rumors they are reluctant to hand it over to another company after how TLF turned out.

Honestly they should have expected it, Size Matters and Secret Agent Clank were always mediocre. If Vicarious Visions is interested maybe they could take over for a better remake than the ones we got...They need to just suck it up and bust out a Jak 4 or a game that takes place in the far future in the same universe and make a new series. Maybe Otsel are more common now and we get to play as some kid/guy who befriended a mischievous Otsel that liked to get into trouble. Go back to a silent protag and a wise cracking side kick, but maybe the sidekick is a descendant of Daxter.

As for Sly, yeah TV or bust. I'd still prefer a new game myself, that and a new Infamous game. I liked the take that Second Son had that implied we could have a planet full of people with different types of powers to explore. On the subject of partners though, nothing beat the trio of Sly, Bentley and Murray. All this reminiscing makes me wanna boot up my PS3 and hop back into the adventure!

Yeah, I was upset about that too but it was an interesting way to introduce the character as more than a one-off like with the Qwark video games. He would still have just as much reason to be a villain at that point as well. I also really liked Lawrence too lol I was kinda sad we didn't really officially get a Deadlocked remake. It was an awesome game and the finally scene has stuck with me all these years. "Kiss me like the school boy I once was" "Wait, what?"

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Startropics could totally do with an Uncharted like remake. Outside of Metroid, Nintendo doesn't really have a grounded/realism IP.

D

Deleted member 246005

DmC2 but it's unlikely to happen due to low sales and Ninja Theory becoming a Microsoft exclusive. Maybe a spiritual successor or DMC x DmC?

@TruestSyn @Phantom
I'd be ok with a reboot of Jak and Daxter that has hack and slash gameplay instead of 3rd person shooter mechanics.

Nyx Winters

The Dawn Fox
Awards
1. Jade cocoon - beautiful ghibli world with a monster catching raising and fusing system and a fun rpg all round ps1 1999

2. Dragon age origins remake

3. Infamous 3

4. Portal 3

5.sly raccoon

They should remaster Mass Effect trilogy or at least make it compatible with modern consoles. For example, you can't play Mass Effect 2 on PS4, even though the PlayStation3 version of ME2 is the best-refined version there is. It uses ME3 engine. Such a shame I didn't get to play it yet. Mass Effect 2 is my favorite video game of all time.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
A Chrono Trigger sequel that isn't Chrono Cross. Done with maybe an Octopath Traveler visual style or similar.

Nintendo resurrecting Star Tropics and Ice Climber as modern franchises.

Actraiser.

Veevee

Awards
I have always longed for a new Pokemon Trading Card Game, loved the heck out of the old (and only) one. Also, Pokemon Snap.
Golden Sun. I loved the first two and never started the third because I heard it ends on a cliffhanger and I'd hate to get excited for a game that probably never gets a sequel.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
I have always longed for a new Pokemon Trading Card Game, loved the heck out of the old (and only) one.

I could have sworn there was a JP release only sequel.

Golden Sun. I loved the first two and never started the third because I heard it ends on a cliffhanger and I'd hate to get excited for a game that probably never gets a sequel.

It's good enough to play on it's own. It captures the feeling and nostalgia of the first. You're doing yourself a disservice. It's been a while, but I don't remember a cliffhanger.

Zelda 2. My favorite Zelda game.

Mass Effect should make a comeback in the form of a prequel or alternative universe. Its sci-fi world-building has lots of potential and it would be a shame to see it wasted

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Agree on the Ratchet and Clank and Ape Escape posts. We need new ones lol

Dark Cloud 3 would be nice too

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Agree on the Ratchet and Clank and Ape Escape posts. We need new ones lol

Dark Cloud 3 would be nice too
Having recently finished Dark Cloud 1 and 2 on PS4 it would be amazing to get a 3. The studio is still around I'm pretty sure. Level 5?

I wonder what kind of gadgets they'd have in a new Ape Escape? Weren't there more than 3 outside of the US too?

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
There were a couple side games (including Piposaru 2001 which had you vacuuming up the underwear of the monkeys while Specter watched?).

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
There were a couple side games (including Piposaru 2001 which had you vacuuming up the underwear of the monkeys while Specter watched?).
Wow, Specter's a freak. I know that MGS3 had a cameo mini game too. We need more whimsical series like that to return. Too many gritty shooters out now a days.

Back