• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What Games would you like to see remade for Current Gen Consoles?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Ven_Roxas

Awards
Mega man x series
Spyro (I only played the original but I loved it)
Rayman 1 and 2
KH series (actually remade with current gen, 0.2 graphics).

That's all I can think of. I'm fine with the Digimon world and rumble arena series being left alone. Unless they just got a rerelease. (All star rumble was a joke. Which was disappointing. I was really hoping).

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Plus, in a Japan survey of favourite Sega franchise, Sakura Wars scored at number one over Sonic the Hedgehog.

No kidding. Steampunk mecha, harem of waifus, tactical RPG, dating sim, katanas, stage shows, J-pop themes, Oni/yokai whatevers, girls named after flowers with lead girl being named Sakura, purple hair, kimonos, anime & manga adaptations, obligatory token loli, obligatory tsundere, limited localization.

Sakura Wars is the MOST. JAPAN. THING. EVER.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
The Legend of Dragoon is a big one for me. I've also always thought a console Golden Sun would be really cool.

We could go on and on about Chrono Trigger (I honestly prefer Cross, a remake of that would be welcome too). I would honestly like to see a remake of Dragon Quest 1,2, and 3. We now have easy access to 4-9, I would love to be able to buy and play some legitimate update of the original trilogy.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
I'm surprised Max is the only one who mentioned Chrono Trigger. Tbh, I'd love a remake of that but I'd actually be fine with an HD Remaster of DS Trigger and Chrono Cross together in a package for PS4, Switch and Steam. Trigger honestly still works in its artstyle and can easily be upscaled or whatevs - it's Cross that would need the most work, and I'd love to see them make it look current gen. Not even fancy, just at least FFXIII level of pretty.

Ephemeral Fantasia is a game that could benefit both from a remake and, potentially, a different development company entirely since it's a Konami JRPG title, but had a lot of potential. I loved how it was essentially a Majora's Mask-inspired JRPG with, oddly enough, Guitar Hero minigames with your weapon before Guitar Hero even existed. The story, characters, and gameplay all have potential, and seeing as how it's a dead IP, I'd love to see someone redo it or do a spiritual successor.

FFVIII desperately needs a remake after the VII saga is done, considering the only real developed lead in that game is Rinoa and the gameplay can leave a bit to be desired. Tbh, I'd love to see it be remind with three gameplay options - an updated version of the game's original system, a FFX-style system, and a FFXIII-style system. That would never happen, but boy would I love that. Also, way more character exploration for everyone other than Squall and Rinoa, and for them to properly develop Squall instead of having him go from a loner dude to a co-dependent character.

Oh, and FFII/V/IV deserve a III/IV style remake.

Oh, but the best game of all that needs a remaster (not a remake!) is KH V-Cast. KH V-Cast HD for Vita, pls. Let's spread some more KH titles out on more systems, Square. The fans demand it.

dwroxas16

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I love the love for Legend of Dragoon. Just recently bought the PSOne download for my PS3 and it is not bad at all. A complete remaster of this would probably look pretty incredible.

Also Spider-man 2 but sadly that's just not realistic (darnit, sony...)

D

Deleted member 246005

Jak and Daxter. Just go full FF7R y'all. Jak 2 involves a stable time loop so you could handwave the changes if people cared.

DMC1/DMC2.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vulpes XIII

Awards
I would like to see a KH 358/2 days remake. Also I would like to see The Simpsons hit and run either remade or remastered can’t decide which would be better. Have no idea if it the game would even sell that well, I just want it simply because of childhood nostalgia.

The Dead Skin

like tears in rain.
Awards
I'm super in favor of remaking bad games into actually good ones, so...

Devil May Cry 2 - so Capcom can stop obnoxiously ignoring it and actually make it a good game.

Final Fantasy II and III - Good in concept, bad third-gen jank in execution. With some proper design balance, they could work.

Ink Ribbon

Awards
Silent Hill. We have the Shattered Memories version but an actual remake of the original game would be great. Konami, seriously...we're waiting lol.

Haunting Ground. Using the RE engine to bring this survival horror gem to life would be amazing. It was a frustrating experience but totally worth it lol. I know there were talks of a HD remaster but nothing ever came from it sadly.

The Evil Dead. It doesn't matter which one, we just need a new or updated Evil Dead game lol.

The Dead Skin

like tears in rain.
Awards
Silent Hill. We have the Shattered Memories version but an actual remake of the original game would be great. Konami, seriously...we're waiting lol.

There's been rumors that Konami's announcing a new Silent Hill game at The Game Awards... but having seen what happened with post-Kojima Konami, I hope SH stays dead until there's a massive corporate reform. I don't trust Konami anymore.

While I'm here:

Street Fighter III — Preferably with an art direction that's nothing like the uglier-than-sin SF IV or V.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
A Xenogears remake in the Octopath Traveler style would be perfect with the addition of making Disc 2 more of a playable experience.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
THE LEGEND OF ZELDA Ocarina of Time Remake using the Breath of the Wild Engine, but with an art style closer to OOT than to BOTW. Though the game would have to be reimagined, seeing as how they would have to change a lot due to the pacing of the original game versus the bigger scale of an open-world game like BOTW.

A Xenogears remake in the Octopath Traveler style would be perfect with the addition of making Disc 2 more of a playable experience.
Speaking of Octopath Traveler: either remake FINAL FANTASY VI using the Octopath Engine or give me a FFVI Remake a la FFVIIR. I feel like they can use the FF7R Engine to remake any of the older games while preserving turn-based combat.

To mention another game to use as a base to remake another one: Bravely Default/Second. Use the Bravely Engine to remake FINAL FANTASY V. I think this one fits more with the Bravely Engine that with the FF7R Engine.

Once again speaking of FF7R Engine: use it to remake FFVIII as well. Square Enix should aspire to remake the PSOne era games using the FF7R engine and should go one Remake at a time (finish the FF7 Remake before jumping into FF8).

Also, I know this may be too early, but: remake The World Ends With You using Neo's engine. If you ain't gonna port Final Remix to PS4, at least remake it.

Finally, maybe 10 to 20 years from now: remake FINAL FANTASY XV

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
The Legend of Dragoon is a big one for me. I've also always thought a console Golden Sun would be really cool.

We could go on and on about Chrono Trigger (I honestly prefer Cross, a remake of that would be welcome too). I would honestly like to see a remake of Dragon Quest 1,2, and 3. We now have easy access to 4-9, I would love to be able to buy and play some legitimate update of the original trilogy.

Bluepoint Games should remake The Legend of Dragoon, they already have an impressive resume with Shadow of the Collosus and Demon's Souls. As far as a Chrono Trigger remake is concerned, Square Enix should use the Dragon Quest XI assets to recreate the game as that's a title that's already using Akira Toriyama's character designs.

Speaking of Octopath Traveler: either remake FINAL FANTASY VI using the Octopath Engine or give me a FFVI Remake a la FFVIIR. I feel like they can use the FF7R Engine to remake any of the older games while preserving turn-based combat.

Final Fantasy VI deserves the remake treatement, it's the first ever game that Tetsuya Nomura did character design for.

The Dead Skin

like tears in rain.
Awards

Much as I hate to say this, a FFVI remake would have to be turn-based to appeal to that game's fans. VI is a massive sacred cow to its audience, more so than VII, and they won't settle for less.

And I'm sure they can use the "VIIR engine" for that—VII Remake uses Unreal 4, which was also used for Dragon Quest XI.

Use the Bravely Engine to remake FINAL FANTASY V. I think this one fits more with the Bravely Engine that with the FF7R Engine.

I'd be in if it was in a lower scale than VII-R—less voiced dialogue, less detailed and more stylized visuals—but I feel V deserves more than Bravely's suffocatingly milquetoast "old-school" art direction. Perhaps something like Dissidia 012?

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Final Fantasy VI deserves the remake treatement, it's the first ever game that Tetsuya Nomura did character design for.
Didn't know about that. Thanks!

Much as I hate to say this, a FFVI remake would have to be turn-based to appeal to that game's fans. VI is a massive sacred cow to its audience, more so than VII, and they won't settle for less.

And I'm sure they can use the "VIIR engine" for that—VII Remake uses Unreal 4, which was also used for Dragon Quest XI.
By "Engine" I meant the entirety of the game including gameplay, not just UE4

I'd be in if it was in a lower scale than VII-R—less voiced dialogue, less detailed and more stylized visuals—but I feel V deserves more than Bravely's suffocatingly milquetoast "old-school" art direction. Perhaps something like Dissidia 012?
Dissidia could also be a nice art style direction for it. And well, if Nintendo has two art styles for Zelda games in the Switch era (BOTW vs Link's Awakening), then surely FINAL FANTASY Remakes can have them as well.

D

Deleted member 246005

Sly cooper ps2 trilogy- an FF7R approach could work here but Sly holds up better than Jak as a story/game. It feels more cohesive as a series so I don't know if this would work but outside of doing a new game this approach might be the next best thing.

Ninja Gaiden SNES - doing an FF7R style remake could work with these old classics. NG3/Yaiba were considered failures by fans/critics so this is could be a way to win back the crowd. A new game could also do that but this approach feels easier. I thought about replacing Ryu in these games with his father Jo. So it's a fun framing device where Jo tells his son of some past adventures. Its not essential but it would be an interesting way to tie the two series together.

Sonic 06/Boom were games that had promise but were held by Sega Sonic Team's own mistakes. Remaking feels like a longshot but I wouldn't mind them making a comeback.

Granted Sonic adventure 1/2 feel like likelier to remake.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Sonic 06/Boom were games that had promise but were held by Sega Sonic Team's own mistakes.
Funny, just today I was thinking that '06 deserves a remake.

Granted Sonic adventure 1/2 feel like likelier to remake.
Although I consider Heroes to be Adventure 3, a remake or HD Remaster of both Adventure games, to later lead into a third Adventure game, seems plausible.

Also, remake whatever the hell Megaman Legends 3 was left at.

D

Deleted member 246005

If DMC5 hadn't put DMC2 right after 1 in its prequel light novel "Before the nightmare", I would've just remade it as a Lady/Trish spinoff.

@Ballad of Caius great minds etc....

The Dead Skin

like tears in rain.
Awards
Ninja Gaiden SNES - doing an FF7R style remake could work with these old classics. NG3/Yaiba were considered failures by fans/critics so this is could be a way to win back the crowd. A new game could also do that but this approach feels easier. I thought about replacing Ryu in these games with his father Jo. So it's a fun framing device where Jo tells his son of some past adventures. Its not essential but it would be an interesting way to tie the two series together.

Reimagining OG Ninja Gaiden with Jo sounds legitimately raw and potentially a good second wind for the series.

Seriously though... I never liked the 3D Ninja Gaiden games much, but before Bayonetta came around, but I'll admit that series was the closest to a legitimate Devil May Cry competitor. Tecmo has always fallen short of greatness historically, so while it doesn't surprise me, it's really sad to think about.

Back