• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What got you into KH?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingroxas

Awards
So... this seems like a simple question, what got you into kingdom hearts was it the actually the story of the games, were you just in it for the FF cameos, did you just like the Disney aspect.

Last edited:
Awards
I guess just the initial charm of anime characters adventuring and interacting with Disney characters. I remember seeing commercials for the first kh back in 2000's, but i didn't have a ps 2 so I'm like welp, I guess I can't play it. Years later when days came out on the Ds, I'm like, oh nice now I can jump in and play it.

As confusing and vague the plot was at first, I loved it. In fact it made me want to check the other games out just to see who tf Sora was lel

KH fan 1989

Awards
[video=youtube;QNvTWohCFjI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNvTWohCFjI[/video]

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
*comes into living room*
Hmm, that looks like a cool game that my brother's playing, looks like fun with that cutesy style and Disney. I'm not going to ask now, but maybe I can play it later?...That's kinda how it started. (He was playing KH1)

Took me years before I could play any KH games due to the PS2 not being available; I actually started with KH Re: Coded which I haven't beaten yet, then I borrowed KH1 and KH2 from my brother, ripped them (legally of course, I've deleted the rips after; the popular PS2 emulator at the time had TERRIBLE dvd support; I don't know if it's improved enough so you can actually play the games off the disks without stuttering) and played them, had a good time. I later got the collections and played every game/movie in those (I'm having trouble petting my dream eaters in DDD HD tho right now, but not in a hurry to beat that one since I have the 3DS version) and DDD, and am still playing KH Chi Unchained mostly for the story.

Never have looked back, and I hope we can see KH3 soon.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Disney is what made me buy KH1, particularly how on-point the graphics were in the commercials. "Simple and Clean" was amazing, too, but I don't think I'd have bought the game if it was just the song set to original characters.

After playing, I became invested in the series because I liked the original characters/storyline, gameplay, plus the use of Disney and FF characters in KH1.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
My parents originally bought it for themselves because of the Disney aspect, and it was going to be "their game" they would play through. Eventually my mom got bored with it and just let me, who must have been five at the time, play it. I probably originally got into it because of the atmosphere of Destiny Islands, and Deep Jungle stood out to me as a kid because I loved water levels so much and the hippo part had water (I also liked original Atlantica). I never actually beat it until I was 15 or 16, and then I suddenly got sucked into the atmosphere of the first three games and quickly spoiled myself for everything up to dream drop distance since I couldn't get enough of the story. The rest is history.

SkeithTheTerror

I remember being a little kid and going to the game section at my local Walmart and my parents said I could buy one game. Two things caught my eye. Shadow the Hedgehog and Kingdom Hearts. Picking KH was the obviously the best decision

Myst Knight

Awards
[video=youtube;QNvTWohCFjI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNvTWohCFjI[/video]

Yeah, that game had some epic commercials. The "Simple and Clean" song alone was a selling point.

Also, I really like the slow-burn storytelling of the first game. Like, how you start off as just a kid playing with his friends on an island, then get thrown into a whole new world with Traverse Town. Kind of mirrors the additional freedoms granted to people as they grow up.

The King of sad

Awards
I got into the Kingdom Hearts franchise thanks to a friend who let me have his copy of Re:coded.

After completing the game, I bought the REmixs and a cheap copy of DDD from gamestop.

Malla

I love Disney and I love Final Fantasy so Kingdom Hearts was a match made in heaven.

Raybrand

I fell in love with the concept of keyblades and the world setting

The thing that determines a person's identity i.e the heart is also the resource that keeps the worlds in balance and gives the character's their power and from that you get really emotional scenes that are difficult to explain, seriously if you watch a video on youtube of them trying to explain the story each of them explain it differently because the motives behind are also the resource that grants their power and affects the world. The drama and acting allows you to apply your own feeling to try and fill in the mysteries which is what I really love

D

Deleted member 246005

I remember really liking KH2 cause of Roxas and the nobodies so i'd say the story of KH attracted me more than the disney/ff elements. I didn't mind the FF/Disney elements tho and i thought they were a cool hook for the franchise. I do think they could be used better tho but thats another topic.

Muke

whatever
Awards
As a child, my brother bought a copy of KH2 (I didn't even know KH existed) and gave it to me. As soon as I saw the cover I just fell in love with the game. Disney + anime characters = love, apparently.

Anyways, I completed Roxas' tutorial and fell in love with SDG. And in battle I was like "whaat donald and goofy are helping me in battle??" and was amazed. xD
I also really loved the story as a child (still do, but KH2's story could be a lot better)

takeoutbag

I played the demo for KH1 at a local video game store. I remember the demo was just sora being on Destiny Islands and the final boss was the Darkside. I thought the demo was great, I was really into the gameplay and graphics. then of course I bought a ps2 and bought the game, and the rest was history. :)

Last edited:

KudoTsurugi

Awards
I remember seeing a commercial for it once, but it wasn't until I saw it in shops that I began to get curious about the kid with the key. I didn't even know if they were a boy or a girl at the time(sure I found out later, but the only other 'Sora' I knew of back then was from Digimon). I was only roughly around 2003/4 that I got a chance to play it and I've been a fan since.

sugarplums

My mom got me my first ever KH game! Back in 2005 or so when i was just a little ol' baby getting into gaming, i used to pick out my games but occasionally my mother would come home and surprise me with a brand new game. KH 1 was one of them. From the starting menu, as soon as Dearly Beloved started playing, i knew i had stumbled upon something great and magical.

SogeUsopp114

Awards
sitting with you know who in the realm of darkness
When the first KH game came out, I honestly thought it was silly due to the mixture of disney chatacters with FF's (along with Sora's name which I thought sounded like a girl's XD) but after being flashed with Kingdom Hearts 2 commercials a couple of time, I wound up trying it out (though with KH2 first) and LOVED IT!!!!! It's now one of my favorite series and stories ever, and I always love replying through them all to relearn the story and enjoy everything about it! 8D

SoulXaldin

Awards
I believe it was when I first got a PS2 that it came with a copy of the first Kingdom Hearts. Being so young at the time, it was relatively difficult for me to complete it. It wasn't until much, much later before the 1.5 ReMIX was released that I actually finished the game on my friend's PS2 at his place. But ever since KH2, I've been hooked.

Zapt

Awards
Vanitas (Get it? My title is "Unversed" So...)
Prepare to hear my epic story in how i got into KH! its filled with drama,betrayal,killings,romance and much more!

I bought the game,found interesting and said "this game is cool,gonna follow the series"

That is all.

Seriously thought it has the gameplay and the story that hooked me up.

Last edited:

XTREEMMAK

Website
keyjaycompound.com
My cousin actually brought me into it.

Though I've always had an appreciation for Disney animation, I wasn't (maybe a bit still) too much of a fan of Disney as a brand, at least when they went more reality and less animation. At the time, I found my favorite callings around Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon more so than anything that Disney had to offer EXCEPT for the Saturday block with Darkwing Duck, Tail Spin, Gummy Bears, etc. Then the commercial hit and my cousin hyped it up, I instead (or more so) fell in love with Utada Hikaru's song, "Simple and Clean" before anything else.

I managed to rent it and almost IMMEDIATELY fell in love with the game, and discovering/rediscovering a new found love with Disney characters; it was like I was watching my first Disney film (Bambi fyi) all over again and discovering why I love Disney as animation brand powerhouse.

...ohh and seeing Cloud and Sephiroth made me flip my shit XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back