• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What got you into the Kingdom Hearts series?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hallowseve

When I got a Playstation 2, my father bought the game since it was made by Square Enix and he enjoyed Final Fantasy 7. Believe it or not, my 3-4 year old brother played it before he could even read and I watched. Eventually, some 13 years later, I started watching HMK and TheGamersJoint videos, saw the E3 trailer and decided to invest in 1.5 and 2.5 just recently for nostalgic purposes.

Awards
Website
the-blue-wraith.tumblr.com
My sister played it first I remember watching her play it but I didn't know how to play video games in that time xD. Around June 2009 I first played KH2, then my parents gave us a PSP on Christmas in 2009. So all I did was to wait for KH BBS to release. I started playing KH1 in 2013 it took me a long time to finish it then during my graduation in middle school my grandpa gave me a Nintendo DS + KH 358/2 Days because he knew how much I love KH! Ahh good times...

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
it was late 2002. i was 3 years old, my young mind barely even conscious but i was surrounded by disney. then when my sisters bought this game and i saw it in action, i fell so deep in love you wouldn't believe it. i would study the boxart to try and find deeper meanings but i never could. it didn't help that a few blocks down from my house there was a clocktower that lit up at night, further fueling my young mind.

i grew up with the franchise, as much as anything else and more. its a permanent part of me and this probably sounds pretty cheesy but something so deeply rooted in my growth as a human being gives me a perpetual soft spot for it. i love kingdom hearts and all of it's shortcomings, i hope it never ends.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
i grew up with the franchise, as much as anything else and more. its a permanent part of me and this probably sounds pretty cheesy but something so deeply rooted in my growth as a human being gives me a perpetual soft spot for it. i love kingdom hearts and all of it's shortcomings, i hope it never ends.

Lol no.
I was "already" 12 when I got into the series but I feel the same. It was like..."with me" through most of my childhood. Sweet, sweet memories.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
"You never know who you'll run into next."

Amazing tagline, and feeling, that has mostly been lost with the recent games since they go out of their way to spoil exactly who you'll run into next =____= (aka the biggest reason i'm going to stop following all kh3 news, including world announcements, soon)

Zeto

Awards
reading these posts were fun x3

- - -

Back in 1st grade, I saw a manga in the library with a animu boy in the front, and since I was in a DBZ phase at the time, anything anime-like would instantly grab my attention. So I read the first three volumes of it. Since my library only had the first 3 volumes, I guess I must have thought it ended right there. Fast-forward 7 years later, when my favorite youtuber uploaded a video of a KH1FM LP. I watched through the whole LP, and the story, characters, and music all moved me. I bought 1.5 to experience the rest of the story as I was very hooked. I realized one day that this was the same universe that was in that manga I opened so long ago. Fast-forward again... 3 months? I have beaten both 1.5 and 2.5 and waiting (un)patiently for 2.8 and 3. I was destined to find and beat these game, I feel.

Xyology

I got KH Recoded for Christmas in 2014 and I somehow loved it, and I was hooked. I even wrote my own cringy fan-fiction! Now I'm just hoping that I'll at least get to watch the cutscenes of KH3.

h.e.hassanein

Mike's Super Short Show introduced me to the series with his ads for CoM, so when my dad randomly took me to the video game aisle at like Target or whatever I picked KHI out...but I was 9 then and couldn't get past Alice's world (I kept hitting the cars, not the bell tower thing). Flash forward three years later, another friend told me how amazing it was and showed me CoM and what older Kairi looked like. I decided I had to play. flash forward to now, watching the 2.8 ad and not being able to wait to see what the future has in store for these characters I p much grew up with ^^

Dodi Dream

In the 2002 my parents bought it for my brother; I played it too, but I was only four so for me it was difficult to proceed with the game and I understood nothing about the plot so I didn’t like it very much. Anyway I always watched my father or my brother while they were playing it, and every now and then I played it too for fun.
I remember that when I was a child I didn’t like Sora, so the first time I saw KH2 I was happy because I thought the main character was Roxas, and I was very sad when I saw that Roxas was disappeared and Sora was the main character again (fortunately I didn’t understand what was really happened to Roxas xD)
After some years I was looking for a videogame to play and I found KH 358/2 Days. I remembered it like my childhood game, and I was happy because there was Roxas as main character so I bought it. From Days I started playing all the other titles again and now KH is my favourite videogame series xD

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
My childhood friend Brenden had introduced the series to me and my brother 7 years ago. My brother bought the first game and he became a fanatic. I played soon after and both me and my brother became addicted and collected games of the series till they went to the DS and PSP. The story and the feeling when you play the games is what got me hooked. The plot was confusing so I had done more research and watched each cutscene in the games I didn't have. My brother isn't a fanatic anymore, but I still am and have a poster of KH2 in my bedroom that shows my pride! :D

George~

Website
steamcommunity.com
The first time I ever remember knowing of Kingdom Hearts was when my Sister left home to go to University. This was around 2007 and I had just gotten my PS2 and all I really played was Lego Star Wars. A couple of months after she had left home we went to visit her, whilst my parents went out to go and get food they left me to be looked after by one of my sisters flat/room mates. In his room he had a PS2 and I remember begging him if I could play it. When he finally allowed me to I ended up being really sad finding out that he didn't own Lego Star Wars. He then decided to load up Kingdom Hearts to see if it would cheer me up. Luckily it did, I sat there playing it for the rest of the night. I had no idea what I was doing and I was really bad but for some reason I still loved it. The next day we had to leave, he gave me Kingdom Hearts to keep and for the next few months it was all that I played after school.

So yeah, that's how I got into Kingdom Hearts. I hope you enjoyed this little story :D
Side note: I went and did some digging and found the copy that he gave me. Almost 10 years later and it's still intact

Awards
Now this is a story all about how my life got flip turned upside down, and I'd like to take a moment just sit right there. I'll tell ya how I got into Kingdom Hearts.

....WHEN I WAS AN EXTREMELY YOUNG LAD, I saw something on the TV involving Donald, Goofy, and a spiky haired lad. Weirdly, they were all on the normal version of Destiny Islands[they were at the Star Tree from the Riku race]I ended up forgetting about it three minutes later aside from the logo, which ended up haunting my dreams for some reason. Few years later, about 2009, my brother bought Kingdom Hearts 1. We only had one PS2[maybe. My memory's pretty foggy]and it was in my sister and I's room, so he came in, popped in the disc, and started playing. My sister and I weren't allowed to play it. We could only watch. I wanted to play it so bad because it looked so freaking cool! Unfortunately, once again, my siste and I weren't allowed to play. And every time we asked, he simply got mad, said no, and told us to shut up. A little later down the line, and I ended up playing Kingdom Hearts 2. I kinda sucked at it, but I had so much fun with it. I didn't exactly know what was going on....for a few minutes. After those minutes, I understood the story perfectly. I beat KH2 before my brother and sister could. When my brother got Re:Chain of Memories, I begged to play it because I thought it was Kingdom Hearts 3. Eventually, after multiple failed arm wrestles, I got the game, and played it, facepalming due to how I was dumb enough to think the letter M was the number 3. I loved it like KH2.

I then played KH1. I beat it, loved it, ended up losing the disc.

THEN, my brother got a DS, and with it, 358/2 Days. This is where it gets crazy. I constantly had to steal my brother's DS in order to play the game, and I couldn't get far because I had to delete my save file repeatedly. I managed to sneak the DS and the game to school, and I got pretty far...only to be grounded when I got home simply because I took the DS. I cried a lot after that moment.

But yeah, I played four games, read up on the story when I got the chance, got excited when KH3 was announced, and am now begging for the heavens to send me a PS3, PS4, and the HD Collections.

Extra bits

I drew Assassin's Creed references into my brother's Chain of Memories manga because I was in my AC phase.

I somehow managed to have knowledge of future KH games right after beating Chain of Memories, to the point when I nearly screamed Dream Drop Distance in class, BEFORE THE GAME WAS EVEN ANNOUNCED.

I had a crush on Kairi.

I ended up thinking I was Sora for three days.

I thought Riku was a girl for a bit before being told otherwise.

I drew the X-Blade with near perfect accuracy[and I suck at drawing so how I managed to do that was beyond me]

I dragged this post out way too long.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
When my brother got Re:Chain of Memories, I begged to play it because I thought it was Kingdom Hearts 3. Eventually, after multiple failed arm wrestles, I got the game, and played it, facepalming due to how I was dumb enough to think the letter M was the number 3. I loved it like KH2.
Re: Chain of 3emories?!
That's...actually a very Kingdom hearts sounding title. XD

I somehow managed to have knowledge of future KH games right after beating Chain of Memories, to the point when I nearly screamed Dream Drop Distance in class, BEFORE THE GAME WAS EVEN ANNOUNCED.
Did you just say that you saw into the future?
tumblr_o8glud3vOV1rsgx6xo3_r1_500.gif

I thought Riku was a girl for a bit before being told otherwise.
I've heard of some people thinking that and I'm still baffled as to how.

Awards
Re: Chain of 3emories?!
That's...actually a very Kingdom hearts sounding title. XD

Did you just say that you saw into the future?
tumblr_o8glud3vOV1rsgx6xo3_r1_500.gif

I've heard of some people thinking that and I'm still baffled as to how.
1. I felt like an idiot when I realized that the M wasn't a 3 lol

2. I'm Captain Americoaty?! But seriously, it was pretty odd. I didn't even know what I was talking about until it actually came true because I thought it was all a dream lol.

3. Wait, other people think that too?

namidawa

Well...
I was first exposed to the series when I was nine. We luckily were able to obtain the PS2 after the long haul from west coast to east coast.
Dad bought KH1 for reasons I will never know and said, "Here, bought it for you." I was weirded out because I remember before then of these big boss shadow-like creatures that ultimately scared me away from playing the whole game.
About a year later I got the dsi and wanted some games. We were at Sam's one day and I saw one game in particular that looked extremely familiar to me, 358/2 Days. I looked at it and asked her for the game. She bought it. I wimped out shortly after playing the missions due to the flying mammoth aerial BEASTS. :(
NOW IN 2015, I played some Witcher 3 and thought 'wow, rpgs are cool games why didn't I do this before." So I searched the web and a lightbulb click in my head.
"Hey, what about those games you chickened out in?"
LUCKILY ENOUGH, it was around E3 and the KH3 trailer was out. I pretty much gasped in amazement and went back to watch everything KH. Subsequently I cried for the next few days for Roxas's story.
Yeah. Not my proudest moment.
And that is how I got into the KH hell.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Well...
I was first exposed to the series when I was nine. We luckily were able to obtain the PS2 after the long haul from west coast to east coast.
Dad bought KH1 for reasons I will never know and said, "Here, bought it for you." I was weirded out because I remember before then of these big boss shadow-like creatures that ultimately scared me away from playing the whole game.
About a year later I got the dsi and wanted some games. We were at Sam's one day and I saw one game in particular that looked extremely familiar to me, 358/2 Days. I looked at it and asked her for the game. She bought it. I wimped out shortly after playing the missions due to the flying mammoth aerial BEASTS. :(
NOW IN 2015, I played some Witcher 3 and thought 'wow, rpgs are cool games why didn't I do this before." So I searched the web and a lightbulb click in my head.
"Hey, what about those games you chickened out in?"
LUCKILY ENOUGH, it was around E3 and the KH3 trailer was out. I pretty much gasped in amazement and went back to watch everything KH. Subsequently I cried for the next few days for Roxas's story.
Yeah. Not my proudest moment.
And that is how I got into the KH hell.

Not far off from what got me back into KH. I wasn't very good at KH1 as a kid (I first got it when I was 8 or 9 I think), but one morning I saw the KH2 trailer on TV while getting ready for school. When I got home, I put on the TV all day only to realize that I was on a channel that wouldn't show it. I switched channels, and not long later came the glorious KH2 TV trailer. I immediately googled the release date, and had my mom bring me to Walmart the night after release, in my pajamas, so I could get the game. Summer soon approached, and I very slowly progressed through the game. I had to borrow the strategy guide that my friend at summer day camp owned in order to get through the game, and that's what got me back into KH1 and fully into the rest of the series for what would be the future. It wasn't the original game (which after playing through them all, is still my least favorite anyway), that got me into the series, even though I owned it first. It was KH2 that inspired me to give KH1 another go, and that fueled my love for Kingdom Hearts.

fei93

Website
www.youtube.com
Actually I have known KH since 2002s, but not really got into it (my brother was the one who always played it). But since I knew Final Fantasy X at around 2012- 2014s, I started to try Kingdom Hearts this time. Then, I got hooked into it. Start playing from Kingdom Hearts I followed by playing Kingdom Hearts II, Kingdom Hearts re : Chain of Memories, Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep, Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance, and now Kingdom Hearts Unchained Key.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Aaah, I remember it like it was yesterday -- October 16th, 2008, the day my brother bought me a copy of KINGDOM HEARTS II. I had never heard of this game before, so I was really excited to play this Disney Game.

The music had me captivated. I played as Roxas in Twilight Town and just loved all of the characters. Hours passed and suddenly Roxas was gone and I played as Sora.
"Wow, do Donald and Goofy fight with me??"
Days passed, months passed and I finally arrived at the Battle against 1000 Heartless -- and that's when I stopped playing KH2, lol.
No matter how much I tried, I just couldn't beat them. Kinda funny, haha

Caxinuld

Awards
Everyone's talking about how Kingdom Hearts made them fans of the series & I feel like the only person in this thread who became a fan thanks to Unchained X.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back