• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What Grinds Your Gears?(a pet peeves thread)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
- Atm Fees: I try not to be cheap but charging $3.25 to withdraw my own money is robbery...

I'm glad I didn't have to withdraw money from the ATM during my stay here in NYC. There's still one more day of stay left, but hopefully I still don't have to do it.

It'd probably be better for you to withdraw a large sum of money altogether so that the fees don't stack and add up quickly.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
Meh, at least when I utilize ATMs sponsored by my bank they do not charge me at all. But I feel for ya: one time I had to withdraw forty dollars and a Scotiabank ATM in a train station charged me $1.50. :/
Normally i just go to my bank but some times you may need quick cash and that's where they get you...

This is understandable since many people just purchase songs through iTunes, download MP3s, watch videos on YouTube, download those videos or utilize the vast tools of the internet instead of watching television.
I hear you. They honestly should change the name of MTV to RTV... I can't remember that last music video i have seen... I just listen to pandora and I<3Radio to get my music fixes, plus i have subscription to Google Play Music All Access.
I do not have a problem with that, but it kind of "irks" me of people that post half-naked pictures of themselves. "Oooh, look, I'm hot, horny and well endowed, admire me." Bah.
That to I wish the instagram app supports multiple accounts i would make a separate account for actual photography and people that don't spam internet garbage.

I'm glad I didn't have to withdraw money from the ATM during my stay here in NYC. There's still one more day of stay left, but hopefully I still don't have to do it.

It'd probably be better for you to withdraw a large sum of money altogether so that the fees don't stack and add up quickly.
That's what i normally do if I'm going to be out of town and not sure where the branch of my back is.

How's your trip to NY going?

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
Another on my list: Brake-happy drivers. Ever encounter one o' these?

Every other moment, this person will spontaneously hit their brakes for a spilt-second before accelerating just to repeat the process ad infinitum, out of a fear of going too fast. In a small suburb this may not be a big deal, but I live right next to an open highway, and when every other car is goin' near 45 MPH; that shit's realllllly annoying.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Another one of my pet peeves would be people who post unrelated comments on my Facebook status update or photos.

I don't expect people to reply, but if I say something on my status update, that means that's the topic that I'm currently interested in. If people do reply, then I expect them to stick with the topic.

For example, when I write "Anybody got some good vacation spot suggestions in Tokyo?" then I wouldn't want someone to reply, "Hey Iggy, have you bought that silverware set that we were talking about yesterday?" but somebody among my friends might do just that. If that's the case, I would delete his or her comment and post on his or her wall instead so the conversation can happen there instead. I don't want the purpose of my status update getting derailed.

Yang

People... People generally get on my nerves. And popcorn. I feel like it's tauntingly delicious. Why does something that taste so good have to always get stuck between your teeth in the most irritating of ways?

Epif

The Delicious
Website
epiphany-delirium.tumblr.com
Strangers who just start asking questions without so much as an "Excuse me" or "Hello." I tend to ignore them until they get upset or think I don't speak English.

People who sit down at the table I was at before I even leave the table. This is really only when I'm actually leaving and not when they just ask for a place to sit while I'm still sitting there.

People who don't give room while walking down the hallway as though they're better than everybody else and deserve the whole flippin' corridor.

Being half-an-hour or more minutes late to an appointment or meeting.

Being five or more minutes early to an appointment or meeting.

I've realized I have a lot of pet peeves since I've gone off to college...

Inficio

My biggest pet peeve is when people don't move, no matter how many times you say excuse me. Commuting by trains, I get this a lot. And yes, I will make sure they can move before I ask, just some people will ignore you completely, to the point I've actually missed my stop a few times because people wouldn't move.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Being part of a forum community going into a discussion and asking for help until a user responds..."Use Google".

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Closing at night at Publix, it's 9:59pm (we close at 10:00pm) and then 6 people walk through the door. Given our policies we have to let people in until 10 o' clock. Even still, this is fucking rude, people.

If you need to get your shopping done, don't do it at other people's expense.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Finding out your sister wants you to read her mind. Background here; I munched on some leftovers that Sis wanted to use in something. AND SHE DIDN'T TELL ME UNTIL AFTER.

UGH, tell me before I get into the leftovers next time!

wolfshadow

219983_v0_600x.jpg

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Oh and here's another RAWR; Firefox changing stuff on me.

Now you understand, I use Firefox with security addons to prevent getting crap on my pc. Well, when they came out with the new theme, I hated it, and installed something called Classic Theme Restorer to fix it.

Today? They messed with the search bar GGGGGRRRRR! I had to install a beta of Classic Theme Restorer to bring back the old search bar. GRRRRR! It works now tho.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I'm greatly annoyed at the lunch boxes my family brings home. Every time I take the lid off of one there's a left over sandwich inside of it. Half eaten. Is there no garbage can nearby? Do they not have enough time in their schedules to throw it out? Sheesh.

Then there's contradictory in a particular person's words that I'm related to. I can be a supportive person and encourage them to lose weight and not drink pop or tell them to do what makes them happy. But I can't keep listening to this person complain after two years of switching back and forth, because I simply don't care. Now I'm all for being proud of this person for being able to work out for a few months straight and all. I just can't handle the sudden degrading about what counts as an athlete or not; which is directed at me. -__-

I think that's it for me.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
People standing on the left of the escalator. People walking side by side on crowded sidewalks. I'm trying to get to my destination faster and you're only slowing me down. You dont drive in the fast lane if you want to take your sweet time. Sheesh.

Last edited:

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
People driving the WRONG WAY in parking lots.

Oh, didn't see the arrow? Perhaps you noticed how narrow the drive was, or the angle of the parking spaces not being in your favor, or the CAR COMING RIGHT AT YOU.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
People driving the WRONG WAY in parking lots.

Oh, didn't see the arrow? Perhaps you noticed how narrow the drive was, or the angle of the parking spaces not being in your favor, or the CAR COMING RIGHT AT YOU.

Yeah, where did these people get their licenses, Clown College? Actually clowns can drive better.

What grinds my gears is probably having to watch Patrick Star's incredible stupidity.

Polaris

Yeah, where did these people get their licenses, Clown College? Actually clowns can drive better.

What grinds my gears is probably having to watch Patrick Star's incredible stupidity.

Well, I guess it's not applicable if you're in a different country but where I live, no one really cares which way they're driving in parking lots. Especially if the parking lot is full and then everyone becomes pretty much desperate to get a parking space so we're driving in regardless of which way the arrows are pointed.

My super pet peeve is when someone eats with their mouths open because not only can you see chewed food in people's mouths, you can hear that munching sound and I hate hearing it. I have a friend who also tastes his food with his mouth open too, and I always have to walk away before I get extremely irritated.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Well, I guess it's not applicable if you're in a different country but where I live, no one really cares which way they're driving in parking lots. Especially if the parking lot is full and then everyone becomes pretty much desperate to get a parking space so we're driving in regardless of which way the arrows are pointed.

My super pet peeve is when someone eats with their mouths open because not only can you see chewed food in people's mouths, you can hear that munching sound and I hate hearing it. I have a friend who also tastes his food with his mouth open too, and I always have to walk away before I get extremely irritated.

That's pretty desperate, I also have a pet peeve about J-Walking. I don't know how many people I've seen cross the street while not in the crosswalk. Somebody could become roadkill, or seriously hurt. I should know, but that's another story. I only do it to get to the hospital across the street from my apartment, so I have no room to complain.

I also cringe when people bite their nails, and the popping sound that gum makes. I also hate people leaving dried-up gum on the sidewalks, along with spit. Those are some of the things that get me grossed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back