• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What Grinds Your Gears?(a pet peeves thread)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anagram

Banned
Yeah and then they will learn to never do it again. Assuming they can walk

But like they know that people will stop.
In my dad's home country everyone does it. they don't even look both ways. they just go its so scary....

I would be kicked out of your Dads home country then. They would learn quick that I won't stop. lol

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
GRRR, here's a good one.

I use a Dual Shock 3 on my pc, using a homebrew wrapper thing that's normally pretty reliable. Glitched on me the first time today. I couldn't bleeping MOVE in FFXIV! UGH!

Had to reboot the pc to get it to stop wigging out on me. UGH. At least it's fixed now.

Noel

Awards
When people quote a post that's about longer than the great wall uve' china, to only have a reply thats a mere sentence long.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
whenever i eat at a buffet and people stare at me like they haven't seen anyone eat before.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I get angry when I listen to the news, there is a lot of depressing events going on in the world. For instance, today I just found out about a twelve-year-old girl that put Bleach into her mom's smoothie. Her mom wound up going to the hospital and all of this happened, because this spiteful tween got her iPhone taken away for misbehaving.

To a lesser extent, Youtube videos that are promoted as 'New 2015 Ghost Documentary," but when I click on it. It turns out to be a really old video about ghosts. This probably goes out for any other mislabeled video.

Also, there are some kids running around with their pup and their scooters are really loud.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
the weather is a perpetual prick but being that it isn't tangible i can't hate too bad

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
When people yell before they hear the full story and say "oh" when you finally convince them they're wrong.
shift managers working the register
people who say "kingdom of hearts"
when your internet browsing device is always wigging out
the new joker design
having an inconsistent sleeping schedule but a fixed time to wake up.

SwagStarIV

I just logged in... And got so many trophies
Awards
Oh I got this covered...

1.) People who waste my time.
2.) Hypocrites
3.) Being interrupted whilst doing anything concerning social conversation.
4-6.) Liars and untruthful people in general. Aka Fake people. Aka Wanna be's. Aka Ignorant Bandwagonist

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Those toothaches that are like migraines in tour fucking molars and perpetually hurt and you can't do anything about it except take a happy pill which needs an hour to set in, I haven't had soda in three days, anything sweet will reduce me to rubble but on the bright side by dad set up a dentist's appointment tomorrow so here goes.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
It really grinds my gears that, whenever I wash the dishes, if after that I find a single spoon or plate, I get mad. I mean: I JUST washed the dishes, for God's sake! Can't you FRIGGING wash a SPOON?! Grrrrrrrr...!
Another thing that grinds my gears sooooooooo badly is that they interrupt me when I am eating. I go to my bed, rest my back on the wall, stretch-out my legs, put my laptop atop my legs and watch YouTube while eating. It gives me TREMENDOUS work to get out of this position PLUS putting the plate on my drawer.
Seeing the trash bin FULL of trash grinds my gears; someone leaving the bathroom mirror-cabinet open grinds my gears; getting my schedule interrupted grinds my gears

A more recent grind-of-gears: my Social Sciences' final was a mess. First the professor said it was going to consist of five questions: one was obligatory, and you could select the second one from the other four. You have to write an essay per question. Then he said he was gonna give TEN questions: two obligatory, one to select from. Finally, he opted for giving ONE mandatory question, that question has two subjects and you have to select one. The second question you can select from an array of six. To summarize: the structure was a mess because he kept changing it... ==__==

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Amazon's inability to send the right article right away. -_- Come on, there is a big difference between a mouse that you can program and one that you can't, thank you very much.
The weather. Could you please decide if I need a jacket or not? Geee...

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Amazon's inability to send the right article right away. -_- Come on, there is a big difference between a mouse that you can program and one that you can't, thank you very much.
The weather. Could you please decide if I need a jacket or not? Geee...

My problem just happened three weeks ago. My desk tilted awkwardly to the side and it eventually collapsed. Now, I am irked and kinda happy that I can finally get a new desk.

Rau Le Creuset

Thought I'd come here to address a current problem within our progressing society. People, you can't god damn cross contaminate peanut butter and freaking jelly. I swear if you're making a peanut butter jelly sandwitch and you use the same knife for the jelly that you did for the peanut butter you're a psychopath. Just get a spoon, it even makes it easier to spread! Dude, at least turn the knife upside down and use the other end! Jesus! Is it too much to ask?!

Last edited:

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Mine is with my apartment complex maintenance office right now. We used to have on site maintenance and security, but since it was bought by some guys in California both were gotten rid of. I tried calling them to explain my problem, but they just said, "YOU NEED TO CALL A LOCKSMITH!" or "Why didn't you say you got locked out?" I tried explaining to them that my sliding glass door fell door and kept my door jammed shut, yet she just kept saying, "YOU NEED TO CALL A LOCKSMITH! THE MAINTENANCE MAN CAN'T BRING A LADDER TO OPEN THE DOOR."

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
1) people using "me" as a noun. For example, "My friends and me". No. That's not how that works.

2) mispronouncing "Pokemon" as "Poke-ee-mans"

3) when people mock my gaming habits, yet they openly admit that they binge-watch hours of Netflix.

4) whistling. I hate that noise.

5) people not putting their phones away when I try to talk to them.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
1) people using "me" as a noun. For example, "My friends and me". No. That's not how that works.

2) mispronouncing "Pokemon" as "Poke-ee-mans"

3) when people mock my gaming habits, yet they openly admit that they binge-watch hours of Netflix.

4) whistling. I hate that noise.

5) people not putting their phones away when I try to talk to them.

Yeah, I know how the fifth feels. I can't stand phones, especially when the person picks up the phone while it's driving. That is reckless and against the law since the vehicle is moving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back