• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What Grinds Your Gears?(a pet peeves thread)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ok sunny

Awards
The phrases "Grinds my gears" and "pushes my buttons" are actually a pet-peeve to me haha. I seriously just don't like the sound of saying them

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
People who tell me to chill. I've only heard it when people get cornered or get caught on their bs.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
People who tell me to chill. I've only heard it when people get cornered or get caught on their bs.

Yeah, I hear you. I've been told the following, which annoy/anger me.

"Take a chill pill!"

"Your a** is grass!"

"You're just overreacting!"

"You remind me of my mother."

"You don't think things through."

"It takes a special type of person to handle you."

"You're one tracked mind!"

"I never had the opportunities you had."

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Oh man, so many things (some that have been mentioned by others already).

A big one is people playing on their phones while we try to have a conversation. Seriously, I hate cell phones. I understand their convenience and use mine everyday, but what it has done to society makes me wish death on every god damn phone.

I hate when my things aren't in my order. Like seriously, if you take a dvd off of my shelf, you better put it back exactly where it was. All of my games, cds, movies, everything is in a specific order, and I will know if they have been moved. My desk is a mess, DO NOT TRY TO CLEAN IT. I know where everything is at, regardless of how it looks, don't fuck with it.

I hate text talk. Don't you el-oh-el me, no oh-em-gee's or es-tee-eff-you's, I don't like texting as it is, so call me or type out proper sentences. It doesn't bother me as much every once in a while, but when every message you send me consists of abbreviations, I'm just done texting you.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Oh man, so many things (some that have been mentioned by others already).

A big one is people playing on their phones while we try to have a conversation. Seriously, I hate cell phones. I understand their convenience and use mine everyday, but what it has done to society makes me wish death on every god damn phone.

I hate when my things aren't in my order. Like seriously, if you take a dvd off of my shelf, you better put it back exactly where it was. All of my games, cds, movies, everything is in a specific order, and I will know if they have been moved. My desk is a mess, DO NOT TRY TO CLEAN IT. I know where everything is at, regardless of how it looks, don't diddly with it.

I hate text talk. Don't you el-oh-el me, no oh-em-gee's or es-tee-eff-you's, I don't like texting as it is, so call me or type out proper sentences. It doesn't bother me as much every once in a while, but when every message you send me consists of abbreviations, I'm just done texting you.

You're lucky that you have a desk. I am just irked that mine collapsed after it was put on a weird angle. I hate sitting on the floor with my computer on the coffee table and my bean bag being used as an office chair.

I can't stand my cat eating my stuff, especially if it's paper. Drawing is partly my hobby and it's really irritating to see him eating my portfolio, the envelops, and the list goes on.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
People who know they're buying more food than they want/need, then complain they'll just be throwing out half of it.
The best part is when you say to them they can just NOT buy that much or just properly store half of it if they can (freezing lunch meat for example,) then they ask, dumbfounded, "you can do that?"

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
People who know they're buying more food than they want/need, then complain they'll just be throwing out half of it.
The best part is when you say to them they can just NOT buy that much or just properly store half of it if they can (freezing lunch meat for example,) then they ask, dumbfounded, "you can do that?"
I have like six bags of vegetables, three bags of meat, and one bag of chicken. I think I'll be all right for now.
But, yeah, I get irritated with myself for doing that.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Stuttering. I had an old Marching Band instructor that used to stutter constantly, so much that you could barely understand him, and it was always something important that we needed to know. And every time he would start stuttering again I would start slamming my head against my instrument to block him out until he started talking normally again

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
For a while I was driving a car with a manual transmission (rip, I loved that vehicle) and the gears started to get kind of sticky and they would grind if you let the clutch out without being firmly in one gear or another.
Really made me realize where the phrase 'grinds my gears' comes from, that is a straight-up awful noise and feeling.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I haven't been able to figure out to play my PS3 on my new Phillips Magnavox, which really grinds my gears. The tv looks like this and with it's setup:
quicky_019_by_ienzo628-d97ixw3.jpg
Back of tv

TV itself
It is really annoying not knowing if there is any AV cables and how I can hook it up to a PS3, that's what grinds my gears right now and I basically don't know who to turn to get answers for the possible hook-up.
quicky_016_by_ienzo628-d97ixgw.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back