• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What happened between Sunset Horizen and Birth By Sleep? (spoiler?)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SOLDIER Cloud

Bronze Member
Ok, I know, it seems like nothing can happen, being that UEM is really close at the end of Sunset Horizen. But SOMETHING happened. At the end of SH we have the 3 Knights all with their personal "fake" keyblades, AND each of them is holding one REAL keyblade, as UEM is coming closer.

Now, fast forward to BBS, and the only "real" keyblade we see the one UEM weild, as the other 4 players all are holding chainless fakes. Now, assuming that this is the keyblade of Present (which Kairi may have weilded in KH II) WHAT HAPPENED to Light, Dark and Twilight which were JUST THERE, like what a minute has passed at the most, and the 3 principal keyblades just disappeared, they were HOLDING THEM for crap sakes, what happened between these videos?

Ip Man

IIIIZAAAAAYAAAAA
Nothing happened. Nomura just decided to take them out, only he knows why.

SOLDIER Cloud

Bronze Member
Nothing happened. Nomura just decided to take them out, only he knows why.

That from an interview, or just an opinion?

maybe they just faded away like soras can

They don't just fade away, they are "put" away. So, if they did that, than why did they not use them when UEM and his friend absolutely raped them, you don't think the real keyblades could have come in handy, dual weilding may have helped a bit, especially against the incredibly fast "clone"

Sandcastle

Yeap, another case of unexplained plot holes, that even ASAS and Deep Dive have unsolved till today.

The thing is, what is the significance of the knights picking up the Keyblades in the first secret ending?

Iwrestledabearonce

Δdrug gangΔ
Awards
Maybe. . . SH happens AFTER the fight?

The dark figure we see walking down the path ISN'T the UEM?

And maybe, the thing that disappears behind Tally is what was left of UEM?

Americo

Dramatic Hearts Creator
Nomura stated the answer to this LONG LONG AGO.

The secret movies are not cannon to the games. They are concept trailers where he throws around ideas and teases us. Take nothing in them as concrete as it is liable to change should he want to change it. Just like ASAD changed when Deep Dive came out, Sunset Horizon changed too.

SOLDIER Cloud

Bronze Member
Yeap, another case of unexplained plot holes, that even ASAS and Deep Dive have unsolved till today.

The thing is, what is the significance of the knights picking up the Keyblades in the first secret ending?

http://forums.khinsider.com/kingdom-hearts-2/53179-one-final-look-deep-dive.html

A thread I made about a year ago, about the things in Deep Dive and ASAS that did not get expalined, as you can see, they covered pretty much everything in KH II, except a couple little quotes which were probably just changed as they fleshed out the script, ID and Paradise are the only major mysteries left from Deep Dive. As for ASAS, Roxas activating a heartless symbol was never explained from anything I have seen, and neither was Kairi having black hair.

The significance of them getting KK, IKK, and WTTD is about imeasurable, by weilding the real keyblades, instead of the 1000's of fakes around them, it showed they were actual keyblade masters (like Sora, Roxas, Riku, Mickey, Kairi, and UEM) where as if they just use non keychain keyblades, than they just may be really strong people, but not keyblade masters. IMO, it is a big deal that they don't have them anymore. Either something happened, or they have been retconned to not be KB masters anymore.

i
dk maybe they prefer 1 key

So use the ones that are real, as they are no doubt stronger (said to be able to save the world or destroy it) and can be summoned if they are knocked out of your hands, unlike normal weapons.

The secret movies are not cannon to the games. They are concept trailers where he throws around ideas and teases us. Take nothing in them as concrete as it is liable to change should he want to change it. Just like ASAD changed when Deep Dive came out, Sunset Horizon changed too.
Now this is an answer, not one I like but hey, you have to live with it. What is the point of ASAS, ASAS DD, SH, and BBS than though? I am sure what you said is true, but than why do we need these vids, if they are not cannon. (other than they look incredibly cool)

Americo

Dramatic Hearts Creator
Well it's to tease us. Nomura likes to show us what he is thinking up and there is SOME cannon nature to the movies. He introduced the three knights to us and the two "villains" as well. We know that one is a Key Blade Master (since we actually fight him) and the others use Key Blade weapons.

Like you said with ASAS and DD, some things change. I don't think Nomura WANTS things to change but like any good game or story in general. You come up with new ideas every now and then. There is no way Nomura planned for all this stuff about Nobodies and Organization 13 when he created Kingdom Hearts.

The videos are just there to tease and let us know he has something else planned. He might even base some theories on the fan reaction. Should they react negative to the character designs he might change them. Think of it as a movie trailer, just because a scene is in it doesn't mean it's in the movie.

SOLDIER Cloud

Bronze Member
Well it's to tease us. Nomura likes to show us what he is thinking up and there is SOME cannon nature to the movies. He introduced the three knights to us and the two "villains" as well. We know that one is a Key Blade Master (since we actually fight him) and the others use Key Blade weapons.

Like you said with ASAS and DD, some things change. I don't think Nomura WANTS things to change but like any good game or story in general. You come up with new ideas every now and then. There is no way Nomura planned for all this stuff about Nobodies and Organization 13 when he created Kingdom Hearts.

The videos are just there to tease and let us know he has something else planned. He might even base some theories on the fan reaction. Should they react negative to the character designs he might change them. Think of it as a movie trailer, just because a scene is in it doesn't mean it's in the movie.

Good way to look at it, oh well, I am off to bed all. I am SO GLAD that FM is out now, as it means I am back at KHI, I really do love this place when it is alive and kicking. Thank you for the answer Americo, by the way, DH still rocks, I love the 3 CoM ones, classic.

Night.

GreatKenji

There not fake keyblades at all you can still cast magic with them as we saw in the Secret ending when the Blue haired girl casts Shield and also in the fight against the ES in FM+ not fake real

violent_anger

Think smaller, more legs.
Blowing up The storm's around. In a silence Have a
Then would that mean donald has a keyblade?

oh man, i cant believe i forgot that, it's all coming back now...

Sandcastle

http://forums.khinsider.com/kingdom-hearts-2/53179-one-final-look-deep-dive.html

A thread I made about a year ago, about the things in Deep Dive and ASAS that did not get expalined, as you can see, they covered pretty much everything in KH II, except a couple little quotes which were probably just changed as they fleshed out the script, ID and Paradise are the only major mysteries left from Deep Dive. As for ASAS, Roxas activating a heartless symbol was never explained from anything I have seen, and neither was Kairi having black hair.

The significance of them getting KK, IKK, and WTTD is about imeasurable, by weilding the real keyblades, instead of the 1000's of fakes around them, it showed they were actual keyblade masters (like Sora, Roxas, Riku, Mickey, Kairi, and UEM) where as if they just use non keychain keyblades, than they just may be really strong people, but not keyblade masters. IMO, it is a big deal that they don't have them anymore. Either something happened, or they have been retconned to not be KB masters anymore.

Ahh, the part about real keyblade masters explains well. I hope Nomura doesn't retcon like that last part you said, because he said in the interview he has a clearer direction of what to do with these Birth by Sleep secret endings as compared to the ASAS+Deep Dive ones. It's okay the older ones have plotholes, because he said he wasn't sure.

Now that the newer ones has a gaping hole where those keychained keyblades went...

Americo

Dramatic Hearts Creator
I mean it's not like Nomura has put things in his game trailers which never made the final product.

9.jpg

Nope.

img162.png

Never. XD

ur-vile

Awards
I mean it's not like Nomura has put things in his game trailers which never made the final product.

img162.png

Never. XD

:sob:

I never read either way, did the 1000 Heartless Battle change in any way? KH3 better have a real Heartless army battle, that's all I have to say lol

On the differences between the 2 movies, I just find it bizarre that outside of the keyblade discrepancy, the two videos otherwise sync together perfectly. But yeah, these videos just boil down to concept ideas when you get down to it. And I don't know why everyone always quotes Nomura's interviews about the knights are all new characters yadda yadda yadda. That stuff could always change too.

I mean, even the stuff that made it into the final product doesn't always make sense or is fully explained. Like what the hell Donald and Daisy were talking about in KH1 or um.... well I know there are better examples lol

Sandcastle

Never. XD

Pictures explain too well, heheh.

Well, it's true it's a Work In Progress... Nomura should make MMORPGs if his imagination is so active though. *nods*

I never read either way, did the 1000 Heartless Battle change in any way? KH3 better have a real Heartless army battle, that's all I have to say lol

It's the Behemoths and Wyverns that never made into the actual KH2, though another thread shows that their model files are still here.

Paddi

It is not unlikely that sunset horizon is in the future, while the kh2 fm ending is in the past. The UEM could be some sort of guardian that tests one. I'm not believing this much myself, but nevertheless, it is not totally unlikely. (This is seen in many adventure tales etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back