• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What if BBS became a flop?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

maggosh

Awards
Website
www.khwiki.net
We didn't forget it, its just not important enough to count, to be honest do you think that little 3 second scene had any meaning to it? What possible use could it have, nothing.

Let me put this into perspective for you; Xigbar saw Xion as Ventus, a character that won't be introduced until BbS. I say it's important enough because we need to know why Xigbar saw what he saw.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
Under the right circumstances, a game developer could make more with a flop... than he could with a hit.

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

I don't think that it's plot will be lacking in any sense, but I'm just afraid that there won't be any surprising elements because we accidentally figured out everything among common khi user theories.

miforever

Website
miforever.deviantart.com
Okay, financially speaking, BBS will not be a flop. The hype for the game created by fans alone is enough to support the franchise, let alone the additional hype that SE are creating. Story wise, I personally don't believe it will flop, but there is the possibility that fans may not be satisfied with what's being said. Nomura has stated that it won't answer everything, but will instead attempt to tie things together. He has a way of leaving things out intentionally to get fans speculating about concepts that arise. A LOT of people find that annoying, and there lies the potential for a flop.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
I hate to say it but I think that BbS is going to disappoint a lot of us, but it's nothing more than a gut feeling. What with the mechanics looking like II's mechanics (game play, anyway) and the horrible Keyblade gimmicks (riding them, turning them into canons :/).

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
No one expected Coded or 358/2 Days to be as good as BBS, but for the love of God Days was so bland, Coded too but I don't think episode 7 is the last episode so I will wait to really judge it.

BBS looks like it's exceeding expactions to me. I figured it was going to be equal to COM but it looks like it has far exceeded that.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Eh, I'm on the fence. It looks really good, but could easily go the KHII-route. However, I also feel that some people are going to hate it because they've made up their minds that they are going to, already.

The only reason they make a re or fm of any of the games is when they do suck and need a make over, if a game is good in general they don't make a re or fm, kh1 was awesome for its time and its fm wasn't much, there was no reason to change, but kh2 was a bit over the top and its fm sort of polished it because i t made gigantic improvements, com was also good but it was limited to gba and it was still an outstanding game for the gba, but for the ps2 the capabilities were extended.

That's not the reason they make FMs. They do it so they can get more money.

Under the right circumstances, a game developer could make more with a flop... than he could with a hit.

That's our Hitler!

Heartkeeper

Awards
The game is number one in Amazon Japan and barely you can grab a preorder there because Amazon stock is sold out.

ThePromise

Tired
Awards
Yeah, 'What If' ..powerful words..

Well, people would probably be frustrated they spent money on it and sell it, or just whine about it for a few weeks and then pretend it doesn't exist.

..What if they did that?..

...What If..

State

Awards
I pretty much think BbS will be a mix between KH and KHII. It will have the charms of KH and the broken gameplay-system KHII had. :\

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
Well, I hope it's not a flop. Kingdom Hearts was a masterpiece to me. Kingdom Hearts II could have been better, I liked CoM. Haven't played the Math Problem game but I heard that it was really good. If it's going to do what KHII did with it's linear paths and lack of platforming, then I hope that it at least makes visiting worlds more important to the overall plot rather than, "Oh have you seen my friends?" "NO BUT HERE COME WITH ME WE CAN BEAT THE VILLIAN" "Ok, I guess I'll look somewhere else." Birth By Sleep has a lot to live up to, but also doesn't really have to live up to anything, it's a handheld game. At the very least it will be an okay-average game.

Awards
Honestly, if it's bad, that makes Nomura 0 for 3 in my eyes.

That's not to say I won't buy the next game, because I have this feeling I'd have a degree of interest in the series even if it degraded into complete shit.
But that may very well mean I might not want to theorize about it anymore, or keep up with anything KH related for that matter.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
Honestly, if it's bad, that makes Nomura 0 for 3 in my eyes.

That's not to say I won't buy the next game, because I have this feeling I'd have a degree of interest in the series even if it degraded into complete shit.
But that may very well mean I might not want to theorize about it anymore, or keep up with anything KH related for that matter.

What were you expecting? Days was a huge fan-service the moment they announced it, and coded was pretty much shit when the 3rd episode was out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back