• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What if Final Fantasy characters hadn't been used as OC stand-in in the early games?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Naminomnoms

Awards
You know, it just occurred to me exactly how much FF character's made me a fan of KH.

KH1 honestly can take some time to 'click' with new players: for me, it was when I was already at high level and fighting a room full of heartless - the fight lasted several minutes as more and more spawned in - I remember having this moment of realisation, about exactly how much fun I was having.
For my Step-brother, it was when fighting Captain Hook.
The point being, until that point KH1 for me was a solid 8/10 game. Fun, yes... but nothing spectacular. It was only after it clicked I became a lifelong fan and became invested in the story.

So the FF characters are what got me into KH, but they're also what kept me playing.

I remember around the start of hollow bastion, I got it in my head that there was a 'real villain' behind Riku, and I remembered the cloaked guy right from the start of the game on Destiny Islands.

I was convinced it was gonna be Sephiroth :p
I mean, in FF7, all those Reunion dudes wear a very similar outfit. That combined with the other ff7 characters losing their home and Ansem being connected... Well the pieces did fit lol.

As it turned out, it was another long, silver-haired dude... but the urge to see the 'Sephiroth reveal' is what drove me to keep playing :p

Back