• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What if Riku was the lead?

• Thread starter Deleted member 246005
  • Start date

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 246005

Another poster mentioned this in the "without Xion" thread and i started thinking about how that would work. Any thoughts?

ImVentus

Awards
Well if that were to be the case certainly it would all be based on a character that already had a goal. Riku would simply just try to find his way to wake up Sora while investigating the origins of the Organization 13. It could go anywhere from there.

Either Riku would end up running into Roxas sooner than later and maybe bond with with him (while Roxas doesn't know much). Or it could just be about Riku looking for King Mickey or trying to spy into the Organization to learn more about them. To be honest if he would be the lead then not much would have happened since he would haft to embrace his darkness to fit in with the KH2 plot.

But maybe it would had been interesting if Riku bonded with his best friends nobodies. With having them being separated at the end of the game.

Awards
If you're wondering what just 358/2 Days would be like with Riku as the lead, then Idk what to think because that would be an entirely different game lol. But if you mean what if Riku was the lead of the entire series instead of Sora, then I think the series as a whole would be WAAAAYYY darker in its tone.

Like all that happy go lucky Disney stuff would get thrown out the window REALLY fast lol.

Which could be a good thing in some respects

D

Deleted member 246005

If you're wondering what just 358/2 Days would be like with Riku as the lead, then Idk what to think because that would be an entirely different game lol. But if you mean what if Riku was the lead of the entire series instead of Sora, then I think the series as a whole would be WAAAAYYY darker in its tone.

Like all that happy go lucky Disney stuff would get thrown out the window REALLY fast lol.

Which could be a good thing in some respects
I meant for 358/2 days itself not the whole series. There actually is a good fanfic called Antipode that tackles the series with Riku as the lead instead of Sora if your interested.

To be honest Disney can be dark and deep as well as charming and funny so Riku wouldn't change that so much. You would have to manage it differently because Riku is driven by different things than Sora.

Well if that were to be the case certainly it would all be based on a character that already had a goal. Riku would simply just try to find his way to wake up Sora while investigating the origins of the Organization 13. It could go anywhere from there.

Either Riku would end up running into Roxas sooner than later and maybe bond with with him (while Roxas doesn't know much). Or it could just be about Riku looking for King Mickey or trying to spy into the Organization to learn more about them. To be honest if he would be the lead then not much would have happened since he would haft to embrace his darkness to fit in with the KH2 plot.

But maybe it would had been interesting if Riku bonded with his best friends nobodies. With having them being separated at the end of the game.

Outside of restoring Sora's memories Riku could be driven by a need to make amends after hurting people to save Kairi. So most of the conflict would be him having to choose between those two goals or failing at one while succeeding at the other. He originally helped Malificient and gave into the Darkness to help Kairi so him falling into a similar trap with DIZ and Sora would cause him to fall into despair. He feels like he failed at redeeming himself so he gives up and resigns himself to being stuck in the Seeker of Darkness form setting up his arc in KH2.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Maybe they would've given a slight fuck about Riku and Kairi's relationship then. As it is now, they're basically strangers throughout Days, and that still grinds my gears. xD

ImVentus

Awards
I don't know about that. I find it to be very out of Riku's character after what he did at the end of KH1
He believed Sora would make sure Kairi was safe and going against his promise would feel rather forced in my opinion. So I'm glad they didn't go that route.

D

Deleted member 246005

Maybe they would've given a slight diddly about Riku and Kairi's relationship then. As it is now, they're basically strangers throughout Days, and that still grinds my gears. xD

Riku could always visit Kairi on Destiny Islands but there isn't a lot you could do with her there. Destiny Islands is pretty vague and dull so you would have to make it more interesting as a place. Or give SRK's families a bigger role in the narrative and Riku interact with them.

Unless your willing to bring her into the main narrative by Riku taking her to see Sora, she'd just be the equivalent of Hayner/Pence/ollete.

Granted if she was left with leon and went with the others to Hollow Bastion there would be more you could have done with her as a character. She could meet her birth family or inquire about them. She could train as a fighter and help the others rebuild. She would have been in a position to contribute more for KH2 than she was.

Heck you could have done 358/2 days as a Riku/Kairi game now.

Not Ienzo

Website
www.fanfiction.net
I would have loved to see blindfold Riku exploring the Disney worlds being all angsty and brooding but that's just me. XD

On a more serious note, I think it could have worked personally. Riku could have tried to persuade Roxas to rejoin with Sora and Xion to give Sora his memories back, and in the end once they wouldn't comply, he would have fought them. It would have meant that Xion could have been more of a foil to Riku (like Vanitas was in BBS but Xion wouldn't necessarily be evil, just an antagonist).

As for Riku not seeing Kairi, maybe he was ashamed because of his condition and he didn't want her to see him the way he was? As much as I wish Kairi would have had some sort of role and not be pushed to the sidelines, it makes sense for her not to be in Days so that KH2 can make sense. For her to be in Days she would have had to have had a more prominent role in KH2, with Days being the build-up towards that role. Like Kairi getting a Keyblade in Days and then have her wield on in KH2.

D

Deleted member 246005

I would have loved to see blindfold Riku exploring the Disney worlds being all angsty and brooding but that's just me. XD

On a more serious note, I think it could have worked personally. Riku could have tried to persuade Roxas to rejoin with Sora and Xion to give Sora his memories back, and in the end once they wouldn't comply, he would have fought them. It would have meant that Xion could have been more of a foil to Riku (like Vanitas was in BBS but Xion wouldn't necessarily be evil, just an antagonist).

As for Riku not seeing Kairi, maybe he was ashamed because of his condition and he didn't want her to see him the way he was? As much as I wish Kairi would have had some sort of role and not be pushed to the sidelines, it makes sense for her not to be in Days so that KH2 can make sense. For her to be in Days she would have had to have had a more prominent role in KH2, with Days being the build-up towards that role. Like Kairi getting a Keyblade in Days and then have her wield on in KH2.
You could pair him up with a Disney character or Mickey himself to bring some levity. He could help Mickey look into the events of Birth By Sleep and try to find the whereabouts of TVA. They would fail but they might make some strides setting up the letter the King gives Sora in the teaser. Maybe he could meet Yen Sid and try to get advice on regaining a keyblade?

Namine could also work as a companion/party member and you could have Riku teach her how to fight. You could give her the dream rod and teach her some spells or come up with a new fighting style. Certain story ideas like Kairi interacting with hollow bastion could be done via Namine as her proxy. Since Namine remembers Kairi's life we could get a new perspective on how kairi might act in this scenario.

Veevee

Awards
Maybe they would've given a slight diddly about Riku and Kairi's relationship then. As it is now, they're basically strangers throughout Days, and that still grinds my gears. xD

You just triggered my memory of that terribly awkward 0.2 conversation between them. How could you.
"Oh, Riku, you're so much like Sora now, where's the old Riku, hahahaha, I'm so funny, let's do that awkward laugh-thingy again"
Just because he become a liiiittle more extrovert and honest with his feelings doesn't make him a copy of Sora. That was a conversation of people who have nothing to say to each other. Please give us better conversations in 3.

redcrown

Awards
I'm still bitter we never got a game with Riku as the lead anytime between Days-KH2. It would have been a nice little character study side game, which probably won't ever be made now, because we really needed a whole game about a letter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back