• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What if the entire story was planned from the beginning

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
It wouldn't be the crazy loop-dee-loop we have today, albeit it gets a good portion of the community thinking and trying to put the pieces together, which I actually enjoy.

For a while now, Nomura has mentioned the series carrying on with Sora, even beyond III. That makes me hopeful the next saga will be much more streamlined.

bazimon

I think Nomura's has had the concept for KH3 for a while, maybe even since KH2. I'm not saying that its stayed the same, especially as he is always looking at new gameplay mechanics and newer consoles for the 'perfect style of gameplay', but with Nomura I don't think that he would step first into the deep end with such a highly requested game like KH3.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I think Nomura's has had the concept for KH3 for a while, maybe even since KH2. I'm not saying that its stayed the same, especially as he is always looking at new gameplay mechanics and newer consoles for the 'perfect style of gameplay', but with Nomura I don't think that he would step first into the deep end with such a highly requested game like KH3.

Nomura is definitely planning "more" ahead ever since KH 2 since he already cooked up Birth by Sleep while still working on KH 2.
The main problem is that he plans ahead only in rough concepts as a whole and more detailed plans go no further than one game ahead.

Then there's this felt need for him to always make things "surprising", which sometimes even results in him changing around or scrapping parts of his own ideas that were good in order to add additional twists if he thinks that too many people could guess the outcome.

While normal storytelling goes like this:

Plot Point A ==> Event ==> Plot Twist ==> Event ==> Plot Point B ==> Event ==> Event ==> Plot Twist ==> Event ==> Plot Point C.

Nomura-storytelling goes like this:

Plot Point A (first half) ==> Event ==> Plot Twist ==> Plot Point A (second half) ==> Event ==> Plot Twist ==> Event ==> Plot Twist ==> half of Plot Point C (which is declared as such only in an interview) ==> Event ==> Plot Point B ==> Event ==> Plot Twist ==> Event ==> Plot Twist ==> Event ==> other half of Plot Point C (which confuses people cuz the first half is easily missable due to not being presented well in-game).

mjejr1

Nomura left hooks he could go back and tie the story into, but there is no way he had the story planned from kh1, because he didnt know KH would be succesful until the first even came out so he had no need to plan this far ahead.

Gram

Banned
Awards
^ Nomura did however had concepts for KH2 just in case, thus the secret ending.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I'd say it was poorly written and not very compelling when looked at as a whole, with many concepts being introduced suddenly as a means to make certain things happen?

Luckily it's a bit more excusable, because the story is written game-to-game.

BlueKey777

Banned
Nomura is a smart cookie so i'm pretty sure he had a lot of the story line already covered from the get go. He probably already had an idea of how KH2 was gonna play out as he was finishing his first game.

MyNameisAnsem

Nomura is a smart cookie so i'm pretty sure he had a lot of the story line already covered from the get go. He probably already had an idea of how KH2 was gonna play out as he was finishing his first game.

I think a lot of the games worked like that. Nomura would be working on one and have the next in mind as he went.

Master Ultima

Awards
When I first saw that scene at destiny islands with robed Ansem and YMX in Dream Drop Distance I began to think if the story was planned from the start. Things would be a lot better if it was like that.

BlueKey777

Banned
I wonder how Nomura came up with this crazy storyline like what was his inspiration and stuff.

Gram

Banned
Awards
If I remember right it was a discussion in an elevator that sparked the idea.

Lester811

Nope, the story isn't planned from the beginning, but I think that the KHIII ending will reflects KHI's in some way.

We can only hope that you are right ... but I think nomura has a twist for us ... what do you think

P4L1_B34$T

More likely we wouldn't have gotten KH3 early. We just wouldn't have gotten any games at all. The big stall in KH3 was because the KH Team wanted a break and wanted to work on an FF game. That likely would've happened even if it was all planned out. KH3 wasn't delayed because the story wasn't thought of from the beginning. It was put on hold because people are humans and want to try new things and take breaks, lol.

That's true but I still believe that KH3 would've come out earlier because then they wouldn't have to connect all the dots. The story would run a lot smoother and they could make up ideas that wouldn't contradict things that happened in future events.

MegaCore5

Awards
Nomuta probably had a story line set up for Kingdom hearts and Re: chain of memories by the time KH1 was in development. After that he probably just added on to the series but at the same time linking those additional story plots back to KH1 which makes it seem that Nomura had the whole story planned out this entire time.

NeoshadowXC

It was absolutely not planned from the beginning, Nomura even said so himself. He didn't even have the seeds of a plan for KHII until he released Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix. This explains all the clunky plotting, over explaining, and heaps of inconsistencies that littered the series' later installments, most notably DDD.

kmorris2609

The entire thought and plan of BBS did not come up until after KH2, so there is no way that the story was drawn out from the beginning. Though it would be amazing for Nomura to operate similar to the style of JK Rowling, I think he and the team are just creating the story as they go along.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Guys, remember that this is a "what if" thread.

*rolls away*

Anthony12KH

Knowing Nomura, the story would have been much better for users to understand, and we pretty much wouldnt need the ultimania's to know what he didnt explain in the game.

The entire thought and plan of BBS did not come up until after KH2, so there is no way that the story was drawn out from the beginning. Though it would be amazing for Nomura to operate similar to the style of JK Rowling, I think he and the team are just creating the story as they go along.

Yes, BBS wasnt thought up and planned until KH2, but in the KH1 ultimania, he stated that there were keyblade wielders in other worlds, so its safe to say he incorporated BBS into the story perfectly since he wanted to focus on other keyblade wielders if he wanted to continue the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back