• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What is Kingdom Hearts? (Door)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ForbiddenMemory

Website
www.youtube.com
I've played Kingdom Hearts numerous times, but I still don't fully understand the concept and reason for Kingdom Hearts?

Kingdom_Hearts.jpg

Could someone tell me the following:

1. WHAT is Kingdom Hearts?
  2. WHAT IS THE PURPOSE of Kingdom Hearts?
  3. WHY is Kingdom Hearts called the "Door to Darkness".
  4. WHERE did Kingdom Hearts go after Sora, Riku and Co closed the Door?
  5. HOW did Kingdom Hearts turn into a Moon?
  6. ANYTHING ELSE about Kingdom Hearts to clear it up for me.

This would clear up a lot of things for me!

Thank You for Reading this and Thank You Even More if you attempt to answer the questions above!

destinykh

The Troll
Awards
Sinking into the light with a heart of pure darkne
WHAT is Kingdom Hearts?

The heart of all worlds. It resides in the Realm of Darkness, but its true appearance is not shown.

WHAT IS THE PURPOSE of Kingdom Hearts?

It gives whoever controls it ultimate power.

WHY is Kingdom Hearts called the "Door to Darkness".

The Door to Darkess is the barrier seperating the Realm of Light and Realm of Darkness. It is NOT Kingdom Hearts, it is the thing that seperates Kingdom Hearts from the Realm of Light.

WHERE did Kingdom Hearts go after Sora, Riku and Co closed the Door?

Nowhere. The sealing of the Door to Darkness prevents anyone from reaching Kingdom Hearts again.

HOW did Kingdom Hearts turn into a Moon?

The Kingdom Hearts in KH2 is artificial. It is the collection of millions of hearts released by slain Heartless.

destinykh

The Troll
Awards
So, Xemnas's Moon... isn't Kingdom Hearts, but his own version of KH, am I right?

Technically, Xemnas's moon is still called Kingdom Hearts, but not the true Kingdom Hearts in KH1. The true Kingdom Hearts can only be reached by opening the DTD using the POHs. The differences between the power of both Kingdom Hearts are not known however.

Firagex

Kingdom Hearts is there to keep darkness at bay. Sora, the keyblade wielder, is helping the cause of Kingdom Hearts by destroying enemies that are of harm to the door to light.

destinykh

The Troll
Awards
Kingdom Hearts is there to keep darkness at bay. Sora, the keyblade wielder, is helping the cause of Kingdom Hearts by destroying enemies that are of harm to the door to light.

If Kingdom Hearts is to keep darkness at bay, why are Maleficent and Xehanort's Heartless so obssessed of using it to plunge the worlds into darkness? There is light within Kingdom Hearts, but it is merely a power, neither good nor evil, and is NOT used to keep darkness at bay. The door to light is the door Sora and Riku used to return to Destiny Islands at the end of KH2. It and Kingdom Hearts are two very different things.

SacredRiku

Kingdom Hearts is basically a door to the other realm and there are two realms in this series. Realm of light, and the realm of darkness. So if you are currently in the realm of light and you step through Kingdom Hearts, you would officially be in the realm of darkness. An example of this happening would be at the end of KH2, where Kairi, King Mickey, Sora, Riku, Donald, Goofy and i guess you could add Jiminy to the list, (but no one really cares about him) were all standing on the top of the castle at the World That Never Was and walked through the door, which was Kingdom Hearts which sent them to the realm of darkness.

destinykh

The Troll
Awards
Kingdom Hearts is basically a door to the other realm

Nope. The Door to Darkness and the Door to Light are the doors seperating the realms. Kingdom Hearts is a power within the Realm of Darkness.

So if you are currently in the realm of light and you step through Kingdom Hearts, you would officially be in the realm of darkness.

If you step through the Door to Darkness, you mean.

Extra tidbit: Only Heartless can pass through the Door to Darkness into the Realm of Light, hence that is partially the reason why Riku and the King could not cross over at the end of KH1. From what we have seen, only the Corridors of Darkness and the Door to Light connects the Realm of Darkness to the Realm of Light.

An example of this happening would be at the end of KH2, where Kairi, King Mickey, Sora, Riku, Donald, Goofy and i guess you could add Jiminy to the list, (but no one really cares about him) were all standing on the top of the castle at the World That Never Was and walked through the door, which was Kingdom Hearts which sent them to the realm of darkness.

That doorway was created by the worlds to give Sora and co access into Kingdom Hearts. Btw, the showdown against Xemnas occured in the Realm of Nothingness. Sora and Riku were transported to the Realm of Darkness only after the battle.

SacredRiku

Nope. The Door to Darkness and the Door to Light are the doors seperating the realms. Kingdom Hearts is a power within the Realm of Darkness.

If you step through the Door to Darkness, you mean.

Extra tidbit: Only Heartless can pass through the Door to Darkness into the Realm of Light, hence that is partially the reason why Riku and the King could not cross over at the end of KH1. From what we have seen, only the Corridors of Darkness and the Door to Light connects the Realm of Darkness to the Realm of Light.

That doorway was created by the worlds to give Sora and co access into Kingdom Hearts. Btw, the showdown against Xemnas occured in the Realm of Nothingness. Sora and Riku were transported to the Realm of Darkness only after the battle.

Ah, yes sorry, I should probably go sleep but yes, every time i said "Kingdom Hearts" I meant either the Door To Darkness or the Door To Light. And thanks for clearing the transported to the Realm Of Darkness after battle as well. But no jokes involved from now on, the fight against Xemnas was actually in the Realm Of Everythingness.

Last edited:

Sleeping Rebirth

ryt ryt so Kingdom Hearts is a place between the Realm of Darkness and the Realm of Light but at the top of the castle in The World That Never Was .Behind the door was the KH that was created whenever Sora killed Heartless. tell me if im wrong cus i have olny started getting back into Kh a few days so im rusty on my KH knowledge thanks.

ForbiddenMemory

Website
www.youtube.com
ryt ryt so Kingdom Hearts is a place between the Realm of Darkness and the Realm of Light but at the top of the castle in The World That Never Was .Behind the door was the KH that was created whenever Sora killed Heartless. tell me if im wrong cus i have olny started getting back into Kh a few days so im rusty on my KH knowledge thanks.

Xemnas's Moon is not Kingdom Hearts but his own personal collection of hearts that he collected himself with help from the Organization.

Attemisc

WHAT is Kingdom Hearts?

The simple answer is that Kingdom Hearts is the heart of all worlds, hidden in the World of Darkness, locked behind the Door to Darkness.

My more personal answer is that Kingdom Hearts is something of a metaphor for the after life. However, Xemnas' Kingdom Hearts kind of made that a little more complicated because his Kingdom Hearts was made of people's hearts, leading us to believe that the original Kingdom Hearts is made of the hearts of worlds.

WHAT IS THE PURPOSE of Kingdom Hearts?

Not really sure. Like I said, the first Kingdom Hearts was made a bit more complicated after KH2. After KH2 I came to think the World of Darkness was more of a metaphor for the afterlife than Kingdom Hearts was.

But we know that Xemnas' Kingdom Hearts was a collection of the hearts of people who had lost their hearts. Still, I can't be of much help for that question. I mean, I could just say it gives whoever controls it super powers or something, but that's never usually something's true purpose.

WHY is Kingdom Hearts called the "Door to Darkness".

It isn't. The Door to Darkness is what separates the World of Darkness from the world that these games take place in. Kingdom Hearts is behind The Door to Darkness.

WHERE did Kingdom Hearts go after Sora, Riku and Co closed the Door?

I presume it's still there. However, the Door to Darkness was locked from both sides by two keyblades, so it would have to be opened again by the 7 Princesses of Heart.

HOW did Kingdom Hearts turn into a Moon?

It didn't. That was Xemnas' Kingdom Hearts. No confirmation on if that's what the Kingdom Hearts of all worlds looks like, but it probably looks the same just with slight differences. Anyways, it didn't transform into a moon. It's a congregation of hearts, sort of like a bunch of hearts put together like puzzle pieces. This mass of hearts is shaped like a heart but looks kind of like a moon. I guess it's just for the aesthetics of it. It's also debatable if Xemnas' Kingdom Hearts was truly artificial because while it was only created through Xemnas and the Organization's influence, there's no guarantee that it doesn't occur naturally. Anyways, that's all I have to say.

qster

The Last Bulbasaur
I've played Kingdom Hearts numerous times, but I still don't fully understand the concept and reason for Kingdom Hearts?

Kingdom_Hearts.jpg

Could someone tell me the following:

1. WHAT is Kingdom Hearts?
  2. WHAT IS THE PURPOSE of Kingdom Hearts?
  3. WHY is Kingdom Hearts called the "Door to Darkness".
  4. WHERE did Kingdom Hearts go after Sora, Riku and Co closed the Door?
  5. HOW did Kingdom Hearts turn into a Moon?
  6. ANYTHING ELSE about Kingdom Hearts to clear it up for me.
This would clear up a lot of things for me!

Thank You for Reading this and Thank You Even More if you attempt to answer the questions above!
#5: That was an artificial Kingdom Hearts.

Beastly

Well Hello Beautiful
I think there are several kingdom hearts each to serve different purposes. But generrally, they were created by vuillains for their own purposes.

Keyblade-War

Artist
Awards
Website
www.Codeleakers.com
The heart of all worlds. It resides in the Realm of Darkness, but its true appearance is not shown.

It gives whoever controls it ultimate power.

The Door to Darkess is the barrier seperating the Realm of Light and Realm of Darkness. It is NOT Kingdom Hearts, it is the thing that seperates Kingdom Hearts from the Realm of Light.

Nowhere. The sealing of the Door to Darkness prevents anyone from reaching Kingdom Hearts again.

The Kingdom Hearts in KH2 is artificial. It is the collection of millions of hearts released by slain Heartless.
He kind of sumed it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back